French League - 'Ligue 1' 2016/17 | AS Monaco Champions!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Former Torino captain. Those are big shoes to fill

Kostur

海尔的老板
I can't believe that Monaco got him while most big clubs were looking for CBs.
Yup, he was pretty cheap too iirc., he's been great for Torino (been promoted to their captain) and Poland so it's a bit funny that he seems to have been overlooked.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Slightly uninspiring performance so the draw is fair. The title race will be tough!

Hojoon

To be fair when speaking of central midfielders, I'm more impressed by Fabinho than Bakayoko.
Out of Monaco's usual midfield four of Silva, Fabinho, Bakayoko, and Lemar, Bakayoko is clearly the worst, which says a lot about how good the other three are.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Meunier is absolutely outstanding. I rate him highly. Always been impressed with him with the Belgian NT & he looks like he's adjusted in Ligue Un.

NYAS

Monaco play Nice in the derby next week with both sides joint top on 49 points. :)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yup, he was pretty cheap too iirc., he's been great for Torino (been promoted to their captain) and Poland so it's a bit funny that he seems to have been overlooked.
I don't watch Torino but I have heard for at least 3 seasons that he was the best CB outside of Chiellini and Bonucci. I have to admit that I was skeptical because no one really tried to sign him but he is class. It's incredible that Monaco completely changed the central defense with only two picks, Jemerson is good too.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Glik's a very good player so I'm not surprised to see he's doing as well as he is. Would've liked us to go for him.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG look shite without verratti

FT
Yeah. He was replaced by Matuidi who isn't in a good shape since many months.

Meunier is absolutely outstanding. I rate him highly. Always been impressed with him with the Belgian NT & he looks like he's adjusted in Ligue Un.
There is a gap between the French and Belgia leagues so I expect him to improve.

I don't watch Torino but I have heard for at least 3 seasons that he was the best CB outside of Chiellini and Bonucci. I have to admit that I was skeptical because no one really tried to sign him but he is class. It's incredible that Monaco completely changed the central defense with only two picks, Jemerson is good too.
I guess he played a key role in the performances of Poland in the last seasons.
Slightly uninspiring performance so the draw is fair. The title race will be tough!
As usual, no Verratti no party. Lack of fluidity on the whole this season.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Thought it was quite a good match, it lacked more clear cut chances to make it more exciting, but the technical and tactical level was quite good. The draw was probably a fair result, I thought Monaco were better as a team but PSG had very good chances too, so I don't think either team can really complain with the result. A bit disappointed with PSG's performance, given they were playing at home. Matuidi had a very poor match, technically he's quite limited and usually he can compensate with his incredible physique, but he hasn't been great this year I think.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Chambly make it 3-3 after being 3-0 down at home to Mónaco in the cup! Mónaco playing with 10 men.

NYAS

Chambly make it 3-3 after being 3-0 down at home to Mónaco in the cup! Mónaco playing with 10 men.
I've been watching this game and Monaco have lost their composure. Full-time whistle has gone and now it'll be extra-time. Very frustrating.

NYAS

2 goals from 2 set-pieces by Monaco after extra-time and it's now 3-5. Impressive with 10 men and a relief.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
2 goals from 2 set-pieces by Monaco after extra-time and it's now 3-5. Impressive with 10 men and a relief.
That took a lot of compusure. It's good to see them answering like that to a terrible second half

NYAS

That took a lot of compusure. It's good to see them answering like that to a terrible second half
Chambly got one back but it just ended after extra-time. 4-5 final score :lol:

Extremely impressed with Mbappe's work-rate and stamina. Kept pressing their defence and keeper non-stop even in extra-time after playing from the start while his team-mates wilted like flowers.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Chambly got one back but it just ended after extra-time. 4-5 final score :lol:

Extremely impressed with Mbappe's work-rate and stamina. Kept pressing their defence and keeper non-stop even in extra-time after playing from the start while his team-mates wilted like flowers.
He's great. First time I watched him play he destroyed a very talented Portugal team in the U-19 Euro semifinal and it's since been pretty obvious he's going to be a superb player

NYAS

Metz just scored a gorgeous Giggs at Lille free-kick with 9 minutes to go against Marseille.

NYAS

Is no one watching the South Coast, table-topping derby between Monaco and Nice?!

Monaco just scored their second, Falcao tap-in after a second Mendy assist. It's a great game to watch. 2-0 with half an hour to go.

Very happy for Monaco if they hold on. They've had a couple of bad results in the big games this season but this will be huge.

Hojoon

Balotelli offside again when he shouldn't be. Classic Balo

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Monaco will terrorise City's back 5. No way will City not concede over 2 legs.

bucky

Disappointing performance from Nice. Expected a bit more than that. Monaco, however, were really efficient.

NYAS

:lol: Did anyone just see Lyon's epic meltdown in the last minute of their derby at Saint-Ettiene? They were losing 2-0 and their players completely lost it, Ghezzal and Tolisso both basically assaulting the same guy in separate incidents within 30 seconds and both sent off, then Tolisso kicked one of the Saint-Ettiene officials in the tunnel, you need to see it to really get it, any chance anyone can attach a video of the last 2 minutes of the game? @GifLord

If you thought Chelsea vs Spurs last season was a shining example of impeccable discipline...

NYAS

Monaco at Montpelier. Lemar free-kick, Glik header, 1-0.

NYAS

Counter-attack, Mbappe murders everyone with his pace in behind and finishes with ice in his veins. 2-0.