Frank Lampard | Burnley?

VR6EQ8u.png

goodbye

Disgustingly bad game. I feel a bit sick about it as I really believed at the start of the season he was doing well and creating something that could get us to a safe space (15th-10thish) but in the last 10 games we and he have absolutely imploded. Everything that could go wrong has gone wrong.
The penny’s finally dropped. It was utterly bewildering the fawning over him you Evertonians were doing.

He’s a nice enough bloke but totally inept as a manager. Your fans hounded out Koeman etc yet stuck by Frank because you all fell for the media narrative that he’s a talented young manager.

Writing on the wall? At least if they change managers there’s a chance to get some new players in. They don’t inspire anyone to want to go and play for them under Lampard.

The penny’s finally dropped. It was utterly bewildering the fawning over him you Evertonians were doing.

He’s a nice enough bloke but totally inept as a manager. Your fans hounded out Koeman etc yet stuck by Frank because you all fell for the media narrative that he’s a talented young manager.

I didn’t fall for any narrative that he was a talented young manager. I watch us every week and see it with my own eyes the things he did and what he was doing well. There is a reason that plenty of managers before Lampard have failed and now he has too, and it starts with the board. It’s the same problem as United. Yes, Lampard has ultimately proved not good enough but there is a catastrophic failure from the club from the board to the players that needs to change.

I findit weird too that so many want people to hate their manager from the off. I’ll always try to back a manager even if I dislike it, including Benitez who we all rightly should and could have hated because of his Liverpool history.

I don't have any feelings for Everton yet even I am getting pissed off by this. Why have they not sacked him yet? What do they see in him to keep giving him time. He's a useless manager and there are plenty of decent managers out there who would go to Everton.

Surely that has to be the final straw? What a disaster of a managerial appointment.

I didn’t fall for any narrative that he was a talented young manager. I watch us every week and see it with my own eyes the things he did and what he was doing well. There is a reason that plenty of managers before Lampard have failed and now he has too, and it starts with the board. It’s the same problem as United. Yes, Lampard has ultimately proved not good enough but there is a catastrophic failure from the club from the board to the players that needs to change.

I findit weird too that so many want people to hate their manager from the off. I’ll always try to back a manager even if I dislike it, including Benitez who we all rightly should and could have hated because of his Liverpool history.
That’s fair comment.

I agree that some people want to hate their manager from day 1 and that it’s unnecessary. You seem like a patient, measured fan and I respect that.

I just don’t understand why Everton fans gave Lampard so much leeway when previous managers were heavily criticised very early on in their Everton tenures.

That’s fair comment.

I agree that some people want to hate their manager from day 1 and that it’s unnecessary. You seem like a patient, measured fan and I respect that.

I just don’t understand why Everton fans gave Lampard so much leeway when previous managers were heavily criticised very early on in their Everton tenures.

I think because it’s been a long time since the fans felt connected to the club and Lampard gave that. It’s been an emotional two seasons for us and we have probably got carried away at times or felt our emotions and attachments to certain things greater than before due to that. I still stand by my opinion that Lampard did well to keep us up and looked decent for us and it felt like he could be a good manager but he’s made far too many mistakes now and it’s worrying how quickly it’s gone from decent to terrible. We didn’t accept it with Benitez and the others and we can’t now. It’s sad but we will be relegated if we don’t change now. Hindsight is good and everyone can laugh and say “I told you so” but most of this forum thought Arteta was crap and he’s top of the league so it is what it is. Sometimes we get it wrong and sometimes we get it right.

If we are honest I think all Lampard did last season is delay the inevitable. I really don’t think there are many managers who can save us.

That’s that then. Everton really shouldn’t be conceding this many goals, regardless of how much of a mess they are. They’re way better than this.

Time for Moyes to come back and SOS.

That’s that then. Everton really shouldn’t be conceding this many goals, regardless of how much of a mess they are. They’re way better than this.

I really don’t know if we are.:lol: In the past 5 seasons we have lost all our best goal scorers and creators. James and Digne felt out with and let go by Benitez and then sacked immediately after. Richarlison sold because we are financially fecked. Gylfi let go because of things we can’t talk about. DCL always injured. We are truly fecked. I’ve said it before but Lampard was fighting a losing battle. Yes, he’s made mistakes on the pitch but he’s up against a fecking dreadful board too. I have no idea what the next manager is going to do.

It's a shame as i genuinely saw potential of a great manager (all be it one with a lot to learn) in his first season with us.

Appears not to be.

I've never seen him to be a good manager type, similar character with our Teddy Sheringham, intelligent players but pretty placid calm guys to manage a club or large group. Like Teddy they fit more with light background coaching training.

Ah, another new manager bounce for us. How many is it by this point?

Has there been rumours of him being sacked? Seemed to me despite the results he was safe

I was surprised they kept him after the end of last season. He barely escaped relegation, and he's been getting less than what those players are capable of from day 1.

Looks like he's been crying. The guy's done. Hopefully we can finally see him off on Thursday.