Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Lampard was rubbish at direby despite being the recipient of Mad Mels shit or bust business model. Still - I hope they keep him - its one more team worse then us.

To be fair, Forest have improved quite a bit recently. They are in the best form of the bottom 8. There will be quite a few teams in trouble if they actually start gaining any sort of consistent form.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lampard seemed to make Everton quite solid defensively earlier in the season, but that seems to have collapsed. That is a major issue considering they were not really scoring many goals.

It isn't looking promising and I can see him being sacked, but, then again, do Everton actually have the money to sack him? Maybe they will be forced to stick with him.
Yes we have - I’ve said right from the start “Coops will sort it“. Over the last 6 matches we are 9th in the form table. The improvement is very similar to the rate of progress last season when he arrived at Forest bottom of the Champ. If you are a Forest fan you’ll see the squad coming together, the team spirit and trust building this season as it did last season. i have zero doubt we will stay up. Cooper will get his statue next to Cloughy.

It’s sad. I still like him but the results have caught up with him now. So many losses have put him in Benitez territory of bad in terms of what’s happening on the pitch and that’s not sustainable if we want to stay up. Thanks for keeping us up last year and showing the club and fans that we can connect and have a belief between each other but it might be time to part ways and get a new man in that can navigate the window and survival.

Terrible manager, have always said it.

I really hope he takes those scouse cnuts down.

It’s sad. I still like him but the results have caught up with him now. So many losses have put him in Benitez territory of bad in terms of what’s happening on the pitch and that’s not sustainable if we want to stay up. Thanks for keeping us up last year and showing the club and fans that we can connect and have a belief between each other but it might be time to part ways and get a new man in that can navigate the window and survival.
Richarlison kept you up last year, not Fat Frank.

Got to think he's gone in the next few weeks. He's completely out of ideas. Pickford, Iwobi, Gordon, its not like this side is fecking 2008 Derby.

Got to think he's gone in the next few weeks. He's completely out of ideas. Pickford, Iwobi, Gordon, its not like this side is fecking 2008 Derby.
I don’t think he ever had any ideas. The only reason he’s not getting slaughtered continuously is because he is a bloke’s bloke and knows how to play the media. He’s never been anything but shit.

He was average at Derby, despite getting a fortune to spend, average at Chelsea and same at Everton. I wonder how many more jobs he’ll get based on his playing career?

He was average at Derby, despite getting a fortune to spend, average at Chelsea and same at Everton. I wonder how many more jobs he’ll get based on his playing career?
Average managers don’t have Everton languishing down where they are at the moment. He’s poor at best.

I don’t think he ever had any ideas. The only reason he’s not getting slaughtered continuously is because he is a bloke’s bloke and knows how to play the media. He’s never been anything but shit.
He has no identity and no ideas as a coach, it's painfully obvious.

Everton have got such an average sqaud, it must be just so depressing for their fans seeing those names when they've spent so much., not that disimilar to ourselves not too long ago.

I mean they were struggling last season and somehow thought it was a good idea to get Maupay to replace Richarlison, they just seem to be there to take the players everyone already knows are either done, or are just very average.

Average managers don’t have Everton languishing down where they are at the moment. He’s poor at best.
Yeah, average is a generous description of his time at Chelsea as well. They were embarrassingly bad at times.

Could be gone very soon. Lose heavily to City at Etihad and he'll get the sack few hours before we're in 2023. Which wouldn't be great as we got to play Everton on 6th January in Fa Cup game and I'm not big fan of clubs having new manager bounce against us.

Could be gone very soon. Lose heavily to City at Etihad and he'll get the sack few hours before we're in 2023. Which wouldn't be great as we got to play Everton on 6th January in Fa Cup game and I'm not big fan of clubs having new manager bounce against us.

The fixture list really has fecked us over because we got the new manager bounce with Villa, we face Wolves mid week with their new manager and we'll probably face Everton with their new manager too, or at least with Lampard gone.

He's the worst manager in the PL and has been since he managed Chelsea. Everton are fecking mad to be keeping him in a job where all the problems they're facing are created by him.

I wanted him to succeed but unfortunately he won’t make it

Once he decided to take Kante from being the best defensive midfielder in the world to trying to play him in a more attacking role, you knew this management game wasn't for him.

Once he decided to take Kante from being the best defensive midfielder in the world to trying to play him in a more attacking role, you knew this management game wasn't for him.
He never is or was a "single 6" defensive midfielder.

Infact Lampard trying him there coincided with the beginning of his downfall.

Always felt he was on borrowed time. Had him to be the first sacked this season so he's done well to get to this point. Even if he gets a few results and survives into the new year he's probably always going to be closer to the sack that he is to a secure position. It's going to happen at some point.

Wasn't that Sarri ?

They’re so fecking shite these aren’t they?
Heard they’re trying to sign Elanga too. It’s like they want to be relegated. Last year it was Vdb and Dele, now Elanga.

going just the way I predicted it would. The bluenoses on here were fiercely adamant that I was wrong when I said that the best thing they could do is sack him in the summer.

Wasn't that Sarri ?

Yep, was definitely Sarri who first decided to use Kante in a more advanced 'number 8 position'.

Lampard did continue playing him in a somewhat similar role though. Tuchel then reverted him back to his old position, following the change in formation, but it certainly looked like playing a couple years in a more attacking-minded role had done Kante a world of good with his abilities on the ball so in the end I think Sarri and Lampard's decision made him into a more versatile player. Just a shame about the injuries pretty much ruining him.

Lampard was rubbish at direby despite being the recipient of Mad Mels shit or bust business model. Still - I hope they keep him - its one more team worse then us.

Mate, you're 52 years old :lol:

going just the way I predicted it would. The bluenoses on here were fiercely adamant that I was wrong when I said that the best thing they could do is sack him in the summer.

Because there was no justification for it in the summer. He did well and earned the time and chance to try to build something. I don’t think it’s wrong to want someone to succeed and try to do things the right way for once. We tried, it hasn’t worked and now we need to make a decision because it could get a lot worse. It happens.

Because there was no justification for it in the summer. He did well and earned the time and chance to try to build something. I don’t think it’s wrong to want someone to succeed and try to do things the right way for once. We tried, it hasn’t worked and now we need to make a decision because it could get a lot worse. It happens.

In terms of who you get in will they have money? When you look at Emrey and Lopetegui they have accepted traditionally smaller roles but they both have money and a project to work with. Do Everton? Think this is vital otherwise you’re looking at the likes of Dyche and that bracket. Even Parker but he fell out with Bournemouth over money.

Gordon should have been sold in the summer when Chelsea offered silly money and it feels like you’ve needed a decent CF since Lukaku. Panic deals like Tosun and now Maupay haven’t helped. Just feels like all round bad planning from top to bottom, especially when it was clear Richarlison was going to be moving on.

In terms of who you get in will they have money? When you look at Emrey and Lopetegui they have accepted traditionally smaller roles but they both have money and a project to work with. Do Everton? Think this is vital otherwise you’re looking at the likes of Dyche and that bracket. Even Parker but he fell out with Bournemouth over money.

Gordon should have been sold in the summer when Chelsea offered silly money and it feels like you’ve needed a decent CF since Lukaku. Panic deals like Tosun and now Maupay haven’t helped. Just feels like all round bad planning from top to bottom, especially when it was clear Richarlison was going to be moving on.

It’s been clear for a long time that Moshiri is a terrible owner and has fecked the club massively. From appointing people like Brands as a DoF and then not letting him do his job, to appointing someone like Benitez. He’s an idiot that should have been nowhere near a football club. He’s spunked money up the walls and left us in a sorry state. I feel sorry for Lampard and Thelwell a bit because they have been feeding off scraps in the transfer window trying to get deals done for players we could buy on instalment type deals.

The Gordon thing apparently is guff anyway. People saying 60m etc is far off. It was realistically around 20m with a lot of add-ons which we were never going to accept.

its going to take a miracle to stay up. I genuinely think we are going to become the next Newcastle.

Aside from being a very below average manager, he’s just not likeable at all is he?

It’s been clear for a long time that Moshiri is a terrible owner and has fecked the club massively. From appointing people like Brands as a DoF and then not letting him do his job, to appointing someone like Benitez. He’s an idiot that should have been nowhere near a football club. He’s spunked money up the walls and left us in a sorry state. I feel sorry for Lampard and Thelwell a bit because they have been feeding off scraps in the transfer window trying to get deals done for players we could buy on instalment type deals.

The Gordon thing apparently is guff anyway. People saying 60m etc is far off. It was realistically around 20m with a lot of add-ons which we were never going to accept.

its going to take a miracle to stay up.

Is there no money to spend then?

I do fear for you, especially with the stadium on the horizon (it still is right?).

Don’t want to see another Sunderland style situation

The saving grace for Everton is that there are quite a few poor footballing sides that have come back from the break with the same issues.

Southampton, Forest, Bournemouth all look short on quality and a few others look a little stale and going through the motions.

They need to act with the manager swiftly and give someone a chance to add a couple of loans in January and try and get a run together.

I don’t think he is a good coach, but I think recruitment wise, he did his best under tough circumstances and has left them better (Coady, Tarkowski, Onana, Gueye, O’Neil) than they were when he arrived.

Just need a competent coach to take advantage of that fact now.