Frank Lampard | Burnley?

I think he'll get something out of the totts game,don't understand the hate, looking at their squad i say he's doing an ok job.

I disagree: they should hang onto him. They’ll be relegated with him. Extend his contract.

all i’ll say is don’t trust a man who believes slicking back his hair is fooling people into thinking he’s not going bald.

Everton were the worst team we've faced this season, including those we played in the EL. I think Lampard is trying his best to make them hard to beat because he can't get them to do anything else.

Fep2u90XgAIxZNw

He’s desperately trying to hang into that hair of his. Ten Hag should have told him to shave it off! He knows better than anyone.

Frank seems like a nice enough person but he is a mediocre manager, at a mediocre football club with mediocre ambitions.

The thing with Gerrard and Lampard and it’s probably been said a million times already so do bear with me but they’re media darlings. Both managers in reality are passion merchants with little tactical nous.

I hope Everton hold onto Lampard as long as possible because they will go nowhere with him. Their fans hounded out the likes of Silva, Koeman and Benitez (understandably with this one) yet Lampard is the second coming of Howard Kendall for some reason.

Clubs with any aspirations of achieving European football won’t be touching Lampard with a bargepole. Sure, he was a great midfielder but so what? Steve Bruce was a very good central defender but I wouldn’t want him near Utd in the hot seat.

He’s been fine, we just had a bad game yesterday.
Don't know why you didn't play with high intensity. Too sloppy in possession and United scored two goals from your own screw up when in possession. Your crowd had very little to cheer you up.

Too many crosses. Don't know why they weren't playing the normal way.

Is that how they always play under Lampard ? They have a good hardworking midfield but really need some creativity upfront.

I think Lampard has done ok given that Calvert-Lewin played just under 50% of the PL mins under Lampard last season and came on as a late sub yesterday for his first appearance this season. Most of the summer incoming transfers seem fine to me, though I don't like bringing in a 32 year old (now 33) defensive midfielder and Maupay is a surprising back-up for DCL. There's a few players in the squad that perhaps should have been sold in the summer if they could find a buyer; how many CBs do you need ?

Too many crosses. Don't know why they weren't playing the normal way.

Is that how they always play under Lampard ? They have a good hardworking midfield but really need some creativity upfront.
The media shoving off short Martinez shit in the air. Lampard probably wanted to take advantage.

He is doing OK at Everton. Not sure what people were expecting of him with that squad and the injuries they had and selling Richardlison etc.

For me, he'll get them 7th-15th each season and won't do much else then leave/be sacked within three years'. When that departure happens, it'll either be because Everton are in form or out of form. Thus, Everton will panic and sack him, or some other club will think 'we could do with a bit of that'. Then he'll go on and do something similar elsewhere.

He is kind if what I term a treading water type of manager, which is fine as some clubs needs that type of manager.

Everton were the worst team we've faced this season, including those we played in the EL. I think Lampard is trying his best to make them hard to beat because he can't get them to do anything else.

Was going to say the same thing. They are a really poor side.

:lol: There's no way they're as bad as the EL oppo outside of Sociedad.

No - they're not. But they are the easiest team we've played against this season which is probably more of a reflection on Lampard.

Obviously it's only one game so can't really judge them on that but didn't seem like they had any plan.

He is doing OK at Everton. Not sure what people were expecting of him with that squad and the injuries they had and selling Richardlison etc.

For me, he'll get them 7th-15th each season and won't do much else then leave/be sacked within three years'. When that departure happens, it'll either be because Everton are in form or out of form. Thus, Everton will panic and sack him, or some other club will think 'we could do with a bit of that'. Then he'll go on and do something similar elsewhere.

He is kind if what I term a treading water type of manager, which is fine as some clubs needs that type of manager.
It's strange because at Derby and Chelsea it felt like all or nothing. Sometimes I saw the potential of an elite manager (for example totally outfoxing Ten Hag and being the first ever manager to do the double on Jose or out possesion a Pep side) but other times had me wondering if he could make it as a manager atall. Sometimes he'd switch between both extremes in game (his first home match vs Leicester for example, first 30 minutes was up there with anything I've ever seen us play but the last hour was absolute amateur stuff).

At Everton I feel he's evolved his style and with it become a solid enough manager for PL level but with it I feel he may settle at that type of level.

It's strange because at Derby and Chelsea it felt like all or nothing. Sometimes I saw the potential of an elite manager (for example totally outfoxing Ten Hag and being the first ever manager to do the double on Jose or out possesion a Pep side) but other times had me wondering if he could make it as a manager atall. Sometimes he'd switch between both extremes in game (his first home match vs Leicester for example, first 30 minutes was up there with anything I've ever seen us play but the last hour was absolute amateur stuff).

At Everton I feel he's evolved his style and with it become a solid enough manager for PL level but with it I feel he may settle at that type of level.
I felt the same with us. Signs of a good manager, then signs of a manager who isn't sure what to do during games where we were struggling.

Has anyone on here actually seen Everton this season? They've been really hard to play against. Just because we had an easy time there might be down to the way OUR manager had us playing maybe? They lost Richarlison and had FFP on their arse all summer. They had the best defence in the league until yesterday.

Has anyone on here actually seen Everton this season? They've been really hard to play against. Just because we had an easy time there might be down to the way OUR manager had us playing maybe? They lost Richarlison and had FFP on their arse all summer. They had the best defence in the league until yesterday.

We were unbeaten in 7 before going into this game and despite losing have still conceded the joint lowest in the league so far. It's obvious this season due to our quality in attack vs defence and how we were leaking losses/goals last year that the plan is to try and keep ourselves compact and score 1 or 2 goals to win a game.

It's not like the goals you scored were amazing bits of play by United either, it was two sloppy mistakes by us that let you in, similar to the goal we scored.

We were unbeaten in 7 before going into this game and despite losing have still conceded the joint lowest in the league so far. It's obvious this season due to our quality in attack vs defence and how we were leaking losses/goals last year that the plan is to try and keep ourselves compact and score 1 or 2 goals to win a game.

It's not like the goals you scored were amazing bits of play by United either, it was two sloppy mistakes by us that let you in, similar to the goal we scored.
The goals yeah, but we created a lot of other very good chances on the day, and were let down by some sloppy finishing or final passing. I'm not passing any general judgment on Everton this season as that was the first time I saw you guys play, but you were by far the easiest team we played against, even the "minnows" we faced in the EL gave us more of a game. Outside the final 10mns of the game, Everton showed pretty much nothing, and were quite easy to play through. But from what I'm reading here, it's a one-off more than a general trend, so good for you guys.

I think United were comfortably the better team and the first half in particular Everton couldn’t get near.

It was only the last 10 minutes of the game when you threw caution to the wind and went gung-ho you disrupted us but we saw it out with little issues in the end.

Everton weren’t great and United not fantastic but they were good enough to stifle Everton at Goodison despite going behind early. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest part of the reason Everton couldn’t get going was down to United though and how they played.

The goals yeah, but we created a lot of other very good chances on the day, and were let down by some sloppy finishing or final passing. I'm not passing any general judgment on Everton this season as that was the first time I saw you guys play, but you were by far the easiest team we played against, even the "minnows" we faced in the EL gave us more of a game. Outside the final 10mns of the game, Everton showed pretty much nothing, and were quite easy to play through. But from what I'm reading here, it's a one-off more than a general trend, so good for you guys.
I think United were comfortably the better team and the first half in particular Everton couldn’t get near.

It was only the last 10 minutes of the game when you threw caution to the wind and went gung-ho you disrupted us but we saw it out with little issues in the end.

Everton weren’t great and United not fantastic but they were good enough to stifle Everton at Goodison despite going behind early. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to suggest part of the reason Everton couldn’t get going was down to United though and how they played.

Yes, there is no doubt overall you were a better team but it was a very off day for everyone at the club unfortunately. We just switched off after scoring and the one naivety still with Lampard is in-game management at times. Sometimes he's good at it and other times not so. I can excuse him a little as we haven't won 3 in a row since Ancelotti and I think the adrenaline got to the players and him a little. Hopefully he and they will learn from that.

If a team beats Man United they are game raisers. If Man United win the oppo manager is garbage.

Some of lot have a complex. you can't accept being bad OR being good!

You should know the Caf is full of sadomasochistic posters these days.

You are right. You didn't allow time on the ball for their players. Especially you nullified their counter attack passage entirely.

Overall you get it right and they failed to overcome your press on the half way line.

If a team beats Man United they are game raisers. If Man United win the oppo manager is garbage.

Some of lot have a complex. you can't accept being bad OR being good!
Schrödinger’s Caf.

@WeePat

Against a bang average Palace side, to be fair. Everton are just being Everton under Lampard. They will lose lots of games but win the odd one against fodder at home.

Best I’ve seen them is under Martinez in that first season. Saying that, Lampard is right for now. He’s not good enough for a big club but he’s probably good enough for the Ev as things stand.

I think many are desperate for Frank to fail but this Everton side are bang average and he's doing enough to keep them midtable or there abouts.

This squad were on the verge of relegation last season. I think Frank is offering them a steadying hand. He's not going to make them into a Europa League team but I think he can help the club back in the right direction.

Good result for them today. He will keep them midtable this season. I think he's doing a good job, not every manage has to be elite, he might not ever be, but he's doing as best as he can with the squad.

Same team but moved Iwobi into more of a CAM position which seemed to work well with DCL.

Getting Calvert-Lewin back and firing will be huge for Everton.

Be interesting if they look to invest in the winter window.

We definitely need to. Midfield and defence is fine but the attack lacks firepower. We need a winger capable of chipping in with goals. It will be interesting to see if we try for Kudus or that Ukrainian lad again but after both of their performances in the CL this year they will be more expensive and on better teams radar.

He deserves credit for sorting that defence out, but, like so much relegation fodder before them, they can't score for shite and Lampard looks out of ideas. Having Calvert-Lewin back doesn't seem to be helping much, and unsurprisingly, Maupay who has spent most of the past few seasons missing chances for Brighton isn't the answer either.

Probably going to find themselves in a proper relegation scrap again and Lampard has to be on thin ice now that the glow of 'not being Rafa Benitez' is slowly wearing off and they're still pretty much at the same level as they were under señor fachts.

Is Memphis Depay up for a relagation scrap in the north-west ? They need goals badly.