Frank Lampard | Burnley?

The sight of Lampard celebrating in the stands on avoiding relegation...the very definition of embarrassing given the career he's had.

Everton are destined for failure under his management; for their sake I hope they realise this sooner rather than later.
Incredible that a football fan can watch what went on in Goodison last night and make a comment like that. Like lifting the Premier league is the only thing that matters in football. 99% of fans never get near the dizzy heights that Chelsea or, God be with the days, United fans have experienced. If anything, last night was far more real. Of course it's just as worthy of celebration.

He's done the absolute bare minimum by not completely fecking up and relegating Everton. They also have the best players by FAR when comparing them to the teams around them, so it's not really much to do with him. The teams around them are just absolute shite. The prevailing opinion amongst many (especially those in the English media), was that he had nothing to do with the position Everton found themselves in, even when he had been there for some time.

So basically, they were saying if he did get relegated it wouldn't be his fault because "hey, what's he supposed to do" You can't have it both ways. Now that he has survived, presumably, it's not much to do with him either, and more to do with the players (which it is). Lampard has to be one of the most vanilla managers out there. The absolute best you can say is that he just about does enough. Very "whelming"

Incredible that a football fan can watch what went on in Goodison last night and make a comment like that. Like lifting the Premier league is the only thing that matters in football. 99% of fans never get near the dizzy heights that Chelsea or, God be with the days, United fans have experienced. If anything, last night was far more real. Of course it's just as worthy of celebration.

exactly.

we celebrate when teams lose just as much as we celebrate when we win.

So many fans of big clubs are so far removed from football fan culture it’s crazy.

Good for Everton, I personally would rather see Burnley or Leeds go down but he's just a shit Ole really. Doubt he finishes next season with them.

The sight of Lampard celebrating in the stands on avoiding relegation...the very definition of embarrassing given the career he's had.

Everton are destined for failure under his management; for their sake I hope they realise this sooner rather than later.

Was he supposed to sulk in the stands or something? He was brought in to avoid relegation and succeeded in dramatic fashion at home. I think he's a championship level manager as well but to criticize the celebration is just weird.

Good for Everton, I personally would rather see Burnley or Leeds go down but he's just a shit Ole really. Doubt he finishes next season with them.

Think this sums my feelings on the situation.

I think the fact fact the true victory for many teams is simply surviving, not risking their traditions sliding down and never making it back up, is one of the things that make the Premiere league so compelling.
I’m a Jacksonville jaguars fan… and it is horribly painful. There aren’t even small Victories to look forward to. You stay exactly where you are, year after year, even if you are the worst run team in the league. It’s worse than horrible: it’s monotonous and horrible.
Congratulations to Everton. Frank isn’t the answer though. If I’m not mistaken Franks family were in the youth development side of things at West Ham? He would probably think that’s “beneath him”, but I think that’s where he would do the most good. He had a massive impact on some talents we would normally let wither on the vine.

Rooney did a much better job and got relegated.

He had kids and journeymen and no transfers and held off relegation deep into the season with a 21 point deduction. Derby would have easily stayed up without that deduction. The football was decent too.

I think the fact fact the true victory for many teams is simply surviving, not risking their traditions sliding down and never making it back up, is one of the things that make the Premiere league so compelling.
I’m a Jacksonville jaguars fan… and it is horribly painful. There aren’t even small Victories to look forward to. You stay exactly where you are, year after year, even if you are the worst run team in the league. It’s worse than horrible: it’s monotonous and horrible.
Congratulations to Everton. Frank isn’t the answer though. If I’m not mistaken Franks family were in the youth development side of things at West Ham? He would probably think that’s “beneath him”, but I think that’s where he would do the most good. He had a massive impact on some talents we would normally let wither on the vine.
Jags are gonna be nasty this year dw- Trevor Lawrence will kill it with DP I have a feeling.

It is pretty embarrassing to talk about creating history after narrowly avoiding relegation with a team worth hundreds of millions, to be fair. No issue with the fans celebrating it though.

I also have no issue with the fans celebrating. But the (underperforming) players celebrating as if they’d won the Champions League afterwards, was embarrassing I thought.

This is the club with the 6th highest wage bill in the league, and the 3rd highest net spend on transfer fees during the past 5-6 years (including a higher gross and net spend than Liverpool) after all.

Good for Everton fans if they want to celebrate.. for like a day.

Hope they quickly realise that it doesn't change the fact that the management and squad of players have been appalingly resulting in this situation they had to get themselves out of. If things continue they'll be a bottom half club for eternity.

What a job Frank Lampard is doing up there, by the way.

Took over with the club 16th, 5 points off the drop zone and has taken them all the way to 16th, 4 points off the drop zone.

I have no issues with him celebrating but to say that fans should be allowed on the pitch while opposing players are still on the pitch is inciting trouble.

I think they should stick with him tbh. It's silly to hire a young manager and sack them quickly - if you want instant success/stability you can keep hiring from the treadmill of older managers who can get the job done, but there will never be genuine progression going that way. Gut instinct tells me Lampard will be a good manager in time. He's brighter than your average pro, built a career off of maximising his abilities, has a ton of experience to call upon from his playing days, close family were coaches and managers, and has a promotion under his belt.

I think he was the wrong appointment last season, probably wasn't the right manager to turn around a sinking ship, but with a fresh start he'll be fine. Everton's a mess so it's not an easy job. Even at Chelsea, he was there during their transfer embargo and did well in the circumstances. Compared to say Gerrard who is getting plaudits at Villa, but Villa weren't in bad shape when he took over and had good, mostly young players whose careers were on an upward trajectory. Fortunes change quickly in football, I'd put my money on Lampard having a more successful managerial career than Gerrard.

I think they should stick with him tbh. It's silly to hire a young manager and sack them quickly - if you want instant success/stability you can keep hiring from the treadmill of older managers who can get the job done, but there will never be genuine progression going that way. Gut instinct tells me Lampard will be a good manager in time. He's brighter than your average pro, built a career off of maximising his abilities, has a ton of experience to call upon from his playing days, close family were coaches and managers, and has a promotion under his belt.

I think he was the wrong appointment last season, probably wasn't the right manager to turn around a sinking ship, but with a fresh start he'll be fine. Everton's a mess so it's not an easy job. Even at Chelsea, he was there during their transfer embargo and did well in the circumstances. Compared to say Gerrard who is getting plaudits at Villa, but Villa weren't in bad shape when he took over and had good, mostly young players whose careers were on an upward trajectory. Fortunes change quickly in football, I'd put my money on Lampard having a more successful managerial career than Gerrard.

A lot of managers careers come down to the choices of the clubs they make and the situations they put themselves in.

Gerrard went to a Rangers prepared to spend to catch Celtic and that’s what he did. He then waited to get an offer from a PL club that were prepared to spend and be ambitious in the transfer market.

Lampard chose Derby in an ultra competitive Championship for his first job, jumped to Chelsea too quickly, where immediate success is always needed (under a transfer embargo), and has now gone to an Everton team who have a terrible squad and no money under disarray from prior regimes.

They say Lamps has a high IQ but he certainly hasn’t given himself much of a chance so far.

They might as well stick with him, they look nailed on for relegation regardless. Their squad is championship standard.

Everton have spent over half a billion since their new owner came in with about six or seven managers

Their whole strategy has been worse than ours. Insane running of the club

The problem is that we have an issue where our players aren’t good enough to play 4 at the back. We played a 3-4-3 today and the back 5 was excellent. I have no worries about a defensive unit of Patterson, Godfrey, Mina, Tarkowski and Mykolenko. The issue is midfield. It’s nowhere near good enough to either create or cover the defence and without improving it we will struggle immensely.

Have to say I can't understand the hate when it comes to him, a brilliant player, his coaching career not so much yet but might get there

The problem is that we have an issue where our players aren’t good enough to play 4 at the back. We played a 3-4-3 today and the back 5 was excellent. I have no worries about a defensive unit of Patterson, Godfrey, Mina, Tarkowski and Mykolenko. The issue is midfield. It’s nowhere near good enough to either create or cover the defence and without improving it we will struggle immensely.
Could our big lad Scotty do a job for you in midfield?

I presume Gilmour will get over the line, which would help with the creative aspect and progression of the ball in midfield.

Has there been any other links to any other players?