Frank Lampard | Burnley?

With their remaining fixtures in mind, there's really not a good time to sack him either, to make the players believe the new manager when he says they can turn it around.
Rest of the season for them:

Manchester United (H)
Leicester (H)
Liverpool (A)
Chelsea (H)
Leicester (A) (yes, really. The match 3 rounds earlier is a postponed round 18 match)
Watford (A)
Brentford (H)
Crystal Palace (H)
Arsenal (A)

Do they sack him before the weekend now? Or let him play us, Leicester and pool? Unless he wins 2 of them (or 1 win 2 draw?) he gets sacked before Chelsea. Bring in someone like Big Sam for the last 6 games to make a stand and grind out results to keep them over the line?
That run is a tough ask even for City or Liverpool. Sack him now and maybe they have a chance.

Who remembers Lampard in Jan '21 when Chelsea lost five games out of eight, only for Lampard to state that the squad wasn't good enough? To what? Not lose five out of eight? And so, here we are again, an equally abysmal consecutive loss record with Lampard throwing shade at the players. Not good enough? To what? To avoid relegation?

His skill for deflection in management is almost as impressive as his skill for deflection in scoring.

Managers with 20 years lower league experience must just look at these types of jobs going to ex players with hardly any managerial track record and shake their heads

Who remembers Lampard in Jan '21 when Chelsea lost five games out of eight, only for Lampard to state that the squad wasn't good enough? To what? Not lose five out of eight? And so, here we are again, an equally abysmal consecutive loss record with Lampard throwing shade at the players. Not good enough? To what? To avoid relegation?

His skill for deflection in management is almost as impressive as his skill for deflection in scoring.
has a fair bit of Mourinho moaning about him without much of the charm

I guess this is the difference between the players who "live" football and those who make a living in football. Only one of these players you want around when the going gets tough.

Not really. Folk who get obsessive can very much be a massive negative, those who aren’t so obsessed can come at things much fresher and are more likely to just have a spark because the doom and gloom isn’t effecting them so much.

Everything in life is balance, this is no different. A squad of totally obsessed players won’t usually be able to see the wood for the trees.

The problem is Lampard scored 200 deflected goals and you can't just tell players to go out there and hit it against the defenders arse.

Lampard makes life difficult for himself by explaining his tactics in Latin and then laughing every 5 minutes.

At least Stevie G does a "yeeeeeeeah of course" every 2 minutes which probably makes the players feel more secure.
I was wrong :nervous:

He's trying his best to put his stamp on the team. Everton's last three goals have been two penalties and a deflection.

That's two and two. They're playing proper Lampardball now.

Hopefully we can give them a helping hand in avoiding relegation.

We've got nothing to play for. Infact we might get 8th place if we lose and avoid europa and the conference.

Hopefully we can give them a helping hand in avoiding relegation.

We've got nothing to play for. Infact we might get 8th place if we lose and avoid europa and the conference.
That's the spirit.

The problem is Lampard scored 200 deflected goals and you can't just tell players to go out there and hit it against the defenders arse.

Lampard makes life difficult for himself by explaining his tactics in Latin and then laughing every 5 minutes.

At least Stevie G does a "yeeeeeeeah of course" every 2 minutes which probably makes the players feel more secure.
I was wrong :nervous:
:lol:

Well, the relegation scrap was going to be the only thing worth watching in the league for a United fan going forward, and now we've fecked that up as well. Congratulations Frank and Everton.

Lucky lampard does it again. Thought we were good enough for at least a draw, but that deflection pretty much ensures he gets another crack next season.

Under a lot of pressure, gets a win against the worst team in the league. Kudos frank.

Yeah, well done Mr Arbuckle. Even I could manage my way to victory against a side at North West counties league level, made up of representatives from a marketing organisation.

Good win, but still think theyll actually go down. First time out of the top flight in their history.

Love Frank, but when he leaves everton, drop down a division and learn the management game before taking another top level job.

Yeah you may be right but it was just the way they slammed and dismissed the guy publicly in favour of Lampard who in football managerial terms is a nobody. Just didn't make sense and so they're getting what they deserve.

Fair. I don't get why they were so excited to get Lampard. Even if they think he did OK at Derby and the first season at Chelsea, then that doesn't mean he can turn around Everton.

Football started in 1992, everyone knows that!

Yes that is true.

To be serious for a moment I do recall a commentator perhaps in the 90s or 2000s saying Everton have never been relegated when they were in a scrap to survive and I think it stuck with a lot of people. I've heard it brought up in later scraps they were in and it was posted on here week or so ago.

Everton have been relegated twice before in their history.
yes, but not since something like 1950 have they been below the top flight in english football i believe, which is pretty good going to be fair.

Fair play. Their mentality was spot on today. But their job was made so much easier playing such a fragile United team. Just what they needed. Can't fault the way they set up though.

Yes that is true.

To be serious for a moment I do recall a commentator perhaps in the 90s or 2000s saying Everton have never been relegated when they were in a scrap to survive and I think it stuck with a lot of people. I've heard it brought up in later scraps they were in and it was posted on here week or so ago.

If they get relegated they should just keep showing up to PL grounds next season every weekend and try to pretend nothing happened

Dear frank, I promise won't call you fat anymore if you get something out of the pool game.
Sincerely.