Frank Lampard | Burnley?

Well that's where we differ then. It doesn't negate the work he did in the previous 15 months for me. There's a good coach in him and he showed it at both Chelsea and Derby, despite it falling apart for him in the final few months at Chelsea.

So far he's lost all away games and won every home, apart from City, where Dias got away with a blatant handball in the box. Not great showing, and some of the losses have been embarrassing but I'm on record saying before he took the job, probably in this very thread, that he should avoid Everton because he'd be walking into a very dysfunctional, toxic football club who are in a world of trouble.

Only 1 team in the whole of English football has gained fewer points away from home this season than Everton, so they're 91st out of 92 teams on that score.
Frank had a massive amount of assistance whilst at derby with the loan system. He got in Tomori and Mount via Chelsea, he brought in Andy King (ex Chelsea youth, albeit he rarely played for Derby), George Evans (ex City who Lampard knew), and Ashley Cole whom obviously Lampard knew well. All good players who cold have done a job for most premiership teams.

This helped him massively at Derby, yet he still couldn't get into the premiership.

At Chelsea he showed some good promise, and he done well considering the restraints he was under, but I don't think he would have taken you anywhere near what Tuchel has taken you, top four contenders was all you were likely to be under Lampard.

He seems a very good bloke and I hope he makes it.
However, any rating on his managerial career until now is a bit early I would say.

I think he'll do fine at Everton if they survive.

Really hope he can keep them up, it would be such a shame to see Everton drop into the championship.

But nah seriously, it would be hilarious.

Frank had a massive amount of assistance whilst at derby with the loan system. He got in Tomori and Mount via Chelsea, he brought in Andy King (ex Chelsea youth, albeit he rarely played for Derby), George Evans (ex City who Lampard knew), and Ashley Cole whom obviously Lampard knew well. All good players who cold have done a job for most premiership teams.

This helped him massively at Derby, yet he still couldn't get into the premiership.

At Chelsea he showed some good promise, and he done well considering the restraints he was under, but I don't think he would have taken you anywhere near what Tuchel has taken you, top four contenders was all you were likely to be under Lampard.

Let's keep in mind that Derby was his first step into the world of management. I'm not arguing that he was amazing. He absolutely wasn't. I just don't look at that season as underachievement or something that reflects negatively on him.

I don't disagree with anything you said on his time at Chelsea.

I'd rank them as

1. Arteta
2. Ole
3. Lampard
Context is more important. Arteta should have been sacked multiple times given arsenal's form but Arsenal board offered him more time than Lampard or Ole. Let us not forget last season in December they were 15th, no manager of a top team would have survived that. Jury is still out on Arteta and I won't yet call him better than Ole or Lampard just because he is still in the job.

Yeah, that no one should pay football fans any mind when it comes to the evaluation of football managers?

As for Lampard, poisoned chalice this job. Torrid schedule ahead too. Relegation wouldn't be a fair reflection of his abilities the same way it wouldn't be for Dean Smith at Norwich. But fans will fan
Maybe but if you shoved say Tuchel in there and made it 4 manager debate I think the only person on the planet that would argue the German isn't top of that list would be TY.

The debate and flipflopping has come about because all three are incredibly streaky and flawed managers.

I wouldn’t fancy the run they have, they’re in trouble.

Let's keep in mind that Derby was his first step into the world of management. I'm not arguing that he was amazing. He absolutely wasn't. I just don't look at that season as underachievement or something that reflects negatively on him.

I don't disagree with anything you said on his time at Chelsea.
You are definitely right, I think his goal was to get promotion, certainly they were aiming for that, which he didn't get, but only by fine margins so by that regards he didn't under achieve at Derby.

It's actually less than 8 years ago.

I'd say its going to be something that he is judged by so it has some relevance.

Its more relevant than his League wins with Molde ( he also finished 6th there) realistically so because I like to give Ole the credit for those wins ( More impressive than Lampards derby tenure) I also have to call a spade a spade with the relegation.

If and when it happens to Lampard with Everton I'd also say it's relevant so it's only fair I mention it but I understand now that you meant a whole season of English football.

As far as how would Arteta do with a squad as bad as Cardiff? I don't know but how would he have done with a squad as good as Oles United or Chelsea in Lampards final season there? Maybe better? Who knows?

We can only judge on the evidence we have.
Again it’s irrelevant. He joined the club in January when half the season had gone. And he actually won the league with Molde…twice and their domestic cup.

Anyway, Cardiff and Molde are irrelevant in my opinion. Ole trumps Arteta in the PL, and that’s showing by how he did in the league and in other comps.

“They are average players, average characters…”

Harry Redknapp has jumped to the defence of his nephew Frank Lampard following Everton’s 5-0 defeat to Spurs last night.

How are those comments anyway helpful to Frank or Everton?
This is how it will always be with these former English players becoming coaches....the biased media will always protect them and make a list of excuses for their failures/shortcomings.

Lampard is just not ready for managing a PL club. The guy's pressing structure is random and unorganized...his defensive structure..where do I start with that...
People always blame the players and that's fair sometimes but it doesn't absolve his nativity and inability to coach a proper defensive structure...we all saw that at Chelsea under him and thought it was the players but the same players he called average and blamed became European champions with Tuchel.
Also how naive is he to have such a set up against an Antonio Conte team...we all know how good his teams are in counter attacking even this crap Spurs side.

Yeah, that no one should pay football fans any mind when it comes to the evaluation of football managers?

As for Lampard, poisoned chalice this job. Torrid schedule ahead too. Relegation wouldn't be a fair reflection of his abilities the same way it wouldn't be for Dean Smith at Norwich. But fans will fan
Honest question - why do you post on a football forum if you believe fan's opinions are irrelevant?

Honest question - why do you post on a football forum if you believe fan's opinions are irrelevant?

Honest answer: because it's fun and addictive (seriously, it's like crack, this place)

I do post here with the knowledge that what I know of football is way less than what is going on, and as long as I operate in that bubble then it's all good.

They needed Big Sam, so stupid going for a novice like Lampard.

Said to a few friends they’re going to struggle. The fixtures they have remaining are brutal.

I feel for him. The players have given up. The only one that cares and gives his absolute all each week is Gordon.

Im lazy to start a new thread so this one will work fine.

How does Cafe feel about Everton potentially going down?

I personally find it sad as it's one of the biggest clubs in England. They've been part of top flight for so long and usually closer to the top of the table rather than bottom
On the other hand i know they lack simpathy from our fans being Scouse and singing Munich chants few years back and probably some other things that i don't really know about.

I personally find it sad as it's one of the biggest clubs in England. They've been part of top flight for so long and usually closer to the top of the table rather than bottom
On the other hand i know they lack simpathy from our fans being Scouse and singing Munich chants few years back and probably some other things that i don't really know about.
I find it hilarious.

If it was the other way around, they‘d be hoping for us to get relegated for a laugh. So feck them and laugh at their misfortune.

To be a fly in the stands at Goodison Park the day this rabble go down. There will be blood.

Their fixture list is a bit of a killer as well. I’d fire Frank right now

I feel for him. The players have given up. The only one that cares and gives his absolute all each week is Gordon.

What do you think about his January transfers with the team needing a lift?

Obviously, it’s all very easy to judge in hindsight, but a player who couldn’t get into a terrible United midfield, a player who hasn’t played well for 2-3 years, two young full backs with no experience at a higher level and a very average winger who couldn’t get in Villa’s team?

There were no “sure bets” or seemingly any real thought behind the players they were signing. All no experience/visibility low on confidence.

Lampard will be the fall guy but who, ultimately, gets the blame for building such a terrible squad? Brands? Was January just a desperate hit and hope to try and fix his handiwork?

What do you think about his January transfers with the team needing a lift?

Obviously, it’s all very easy to judge in hindsight, but a player who couldn’t get into a terrible United midfield, a player who hasn’t played well for 2-3 years, two young full backs with no experience at a higher level and a very average winger who couldn’t get in Villa’s team?

There were no “sure bets” or seemingly any real thought behind the players they were signing. All no experience/visibility low on confidence.

Lampard will be the fall guy but who, ultimately, gets the blame for building such a terrible squad? Brands? Was January just a desperate hit and hope to try and fix his handiwork?

Lampard only signed VDB and Dele and only had a couple of days to do any deals. The others were signed by Benitez/The Owner. The club has been treated like a FM project by the owner and we are now seeing what happens if you try to play god with something you have no knowledge about.

I feel a little for him, but his appointment was another in a long line of daft decisions.
In your position you’d have been miles better off getting in someone like Big Sam as interim, someone with a history of getting players not to give up.

Lampard only signed VDB and Dele and only had a couple of days to do any deals. The others were signed by Benitez/The Owner. The club has been treated like a FM project by the owner and we are now seeing what happens if you try to play god with something you have no knowledge about.
Who agreed the Digne sale?

Nice to see things going badly for him, though it wasn't an enviable task taking over that side.

He seems a very good bloke and I hope he makes it.
However, any rating on his managerial career until now is a bit early I would say.

I think he'll do fine at Everton if they survive.

Dreadful manager, absolutely incompetent. Just like Solskjær, he isn’t really a manager.