Football sticky threads

Please put the football sticky threads back urgently.

It's a nightmare as it is now.

Thank You
There were seven game threads stickied. It was way too much and far more visible than the actual football discussion threads. For those who can't be bothered to browse, we still have a sticky where people can find the links; and I'd be happy to make changes to that post if you think it's not clear enough. But if even opening that remaining sticky is too much trouble for games players, then I think the issue is with them.

It was an utter mess having so many stickies and it was impacting all those who don't play these games. And there is still a sticky thread for people to access - just that the links to each of the 7 games is in that stickied post. The alternative is we put all games of all sorts into a single "games" forum/sub-forum somewhere, which I suspect would displease the various games enthusiasts.

I never used the sticky threads but I liked them stickied because it separated the stuff I didn’t want to see from the stuff I might want to see.

Atm I find them in the way a bit but no big deal I guess.

I never used the sticky threads but I liked them stickied because it separated the stuff I didn’t want to see from the stuff I might want to see.

Atm I find them in the way a bit but no big deal I guess.

Ignore the thread, it then disappears.

I do it every time a new WW thread pops up.

Please put the football sticky threads back urgently.

It's a nightmare as it is now.

Thank You
Paul you reached out to myself and @Damien via PM and I thought my response was clear, why we’ve done it and how people can still access the links. I don’t see the need for this thread. To garner support? This was a decision taken at admin level to clean the boards up, we won’t be reversing it

Paul you reached out to myself and @Damien via PM and I thought my response was clear, why we’ve done it and how people can still access the links. I don’t see the need for this thread. To garner support? This was a decision taken at admin level to clean the boards up, we won’t be reversing it

This is not to garner support

I needed it changed quickly

To run these competitions takes hours of work and rechecking and rechecking and the way it is now set up is impossible to have them as they are.

So therefore if it will not be changed back to the way it was I have no choice but to stop doing the competitions.

I will delete them and leave the caf for good.This evening is the deadline.Being absolutely furious is an understatement.

To run these competitions takes hours of work and rechecking and rechecking and the way it is now set up is impossible to have them as they are.

So therefore if it will not be changed back to the way it was I have no choice but to stop doing the competitions.

I will delete them and leave the caf for good.This evening is the deadline.Being absolutely furious is an understatement.

Shut up :lol:

Sorry I don’t see how clicking one extra click is such an inconvenience to find the same links as before.

You made the same complaints when we changed the transfer forum threads for the better.

You seem to be someone who doesn’t like change, and this board needs to constantly evolve. If that means you leave us, so be it, that’s your choice.

Sorry I don’t see how clicking one extra click is such an inconvenience to find the same links as before.

You made the same complaints when we changed the transfer forum threads for the better.

You seem to be someone who doesn’t like change, and this board needs to constantly evolve. If that means you leave us, so be it, that’s your choice.
Bye then and explain

What’s moronic Paul is your reaction to having to click one more click and having a tidy forum for everyone else

I have explained - the competitions are all over the place except in the"Games thread" which no one will see unless they know it's there.
The biggest part is marking it. Seems I've wasted hours and hours doing this. Complaining about having to scroll past a few threads is nonsensical - all threads go down the page.

I need these altogether in open sight. If not it's not viable.

I have explained - the competitions are all over the place except in the"Games thread" which no one will see unless they know it's there.
The biggest part is marking it. Seems I've wasted hours and hours doing this. Complaining about having to scroll past a few threads is nonsensical - all threads go down the page.

I need these altogether in open sight. If not it's not viable.
The links are in open sight once you click the forum

Make them Watched threads and they'll be added to a separate tab on your homepage.

Why should anyone go on my homepage? Damien has 2 threads and Samid has one which are also affected - makes no sense at all
Nobody can see your homepage, but if anyone interested in the threads does the same you'll all have it in a separate tab which is quickly accessible as soon as you're on the site.

cafe.jpg

How does the change alter people playing or your marking in any way?

New games might be less visible, and therefore have lower participation, but that is easily addressed with new games having a thread promoting them.

How does the change alter people playing or your marking in any way?

New games might be less visible, and therefore have lower participation, but that is easily addressed with new games having a thread promoting them.

People join the game all the time. Because they can see it. Some come and go, some forget to do it, but a visual reminder helps them

The argument makes no sense anyway - If I go on the football forum and want to look at the Europa Leaague thread - oh no; it's aboiut 20 threads down. And my 4 threads, 2 of Damiens and one from Samid have spoilt it for everyone that they have to scroll down another seven threads.

I have loads of spread sheets open, links from one thread to another, it's a huge job and because someone decided they're too lazy to scroll past seven threads, or even put sticky threads on ignore, not seventy, seven. only four or which are mine......
It's mindblowing.

It also seems there was no consultation with the three of us who have the threads and one is an Admin. This is not the Labour Party

Last edited:
All games are in the sticky at the top of the forum. There is no need go looking for a game thread. And there is always the watch function. In any case if there is regular traffic, as I assume there is with games, the actual game thread will always be on the front page.

And Damien certainly had his say as did many Modmins.

All games are in the sticky at the top of the forum. There is no need go looking for a game thread. And there is always the watch function. In any case if there is regular traffic, as I assume there is with games, the actual game thread will always be on the front page.

And Damien certainly had his say as did many Modmins.

If it's not changing back they all go at 6pm UK time tonight. Absolutely pointless and not worth the effort.

It's not an ultimatum - I'm not spending even more time doing this for some crackpot reason - The caf don't want it - Right I'm off for good.
An ultimatum is a demand (change it back to individual stikied threads) whose fulfillment is requested in a specified period of time (by 6pm UK time) and which is backed up by a threat to be followed through in case of noncompliance (delete the games and leave).

An ultimatum is a demand (change it back to individual stikied threads) whose fulfillment is requested in a specified period of time (by 6pm UK time) and which is backed up by a threat to be followed through in case of noncompliance (delete the games and leave).

I asked permission for the Threads to be stickied by Admin back in June/July - this was done and has been for years and then suddenly out of the blue they've all vanished. No consultation, no warning no discussion. Now tucked away where no-one can see them. And for what? Absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry but can't work like this spending several hours each week is just not worth it.

I asked permission for the Threads to be stickied by Admin back in June/July - this was done and has been for years and then suddenly out of the blue they've all vanished. No consultation, no warning no discussion. Now tucked away where no-one can see them. And for what? Absolutely ridiculous.

Sorry but can't work like this spending several hours each week is just not worth it.

It's not out of the blue. There was a discussion. It's part of an ongoing discussion about tidying up the Forum.

They're not visible unless you go into the games and even then only if you click on one of the links.

This is without the additional problems of running the competitions.

Personally I don't like the idea of stickies, it's a prominence not based on merit. Popular threads will always be seen. It's how the whole form works.

It you ran or played in the competitions you would realise it's not about 'one click'. It's a huge job which another poster used to do but it takes so much time and more obstacles made it unviable.
What did you think about the idea of everyone involved just adding it to their watched threads?