Gaming Football Manager 2024

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
To not only not improve it but also make it worse takes some doing.
In definitely finding it worse. Moaning about team talks and lack of depth despite having depth in areas. It's just silly.

What annoys me most about it is that it always conveniently leaves out the option you want to choose in response during interactions. For example a player moans about wanting to be sold and then people get upset they're sold but there is no option to say they wanted to leave etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
In definitely finding it worse. Moaning about team talks and lack of depth despite having depth in areas. It's just silly.

What annoys me most about it is that it always conveniently leaves out the option you want to choose in response during interactions. For example a player moans about wanting to be sold and then people get upset they're sold but there is no option to say they wanted to leave etc.
I’m convinced at this point they’re not arsed about fixing it because they know people will pay for the editor in order to do it themselves.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m convinced at this point they’re not arsed about fixing it because they know people will pay for the editor in order to do it themselves.
Wouldn't be surprised. Was watching a Lollujo stream last night and basically everytime he hit continue a different player had a different problem regarding something and just destroyed his morale for no reason.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That's exactly what I do. I take a struggling team and try to turn things around, I also only peak clubs that have actual competition in the short to mid term. And I don't stockpile players.
Yup. I never do more than a squad of 23. 3 keepers (3rd backup a reserve player), then just a starting 11 and backup 11, and keep the average age low. And even in that 2nd 11 I prefer to have some youngsters.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I managed to get into Europe with Rotherham in season one in the prem :lol:

Hit a bit of a wall in season three and I’m not sure why. The most organised transfer window I’ve probably ever done. Might just be the extra games we’re playing that’s effecting everything.

MDFC Manager

Diomande, Scalvini and Antonio Silva best young defender talents in game. Scalvini is going to be the most expensive of all but you can get Diomande and Silva relatively cheaply.

Regarding improving your squad it really depends on what positions you are looking for and the game mode you are playing really. For example, if you are playing your world mode, Kendry Paez and Vitor Roque are still available on the cheap and are insane talents but any other mode they will be at Chelsea and Barcelona.
Thanks for the tips! Yes I'm playing world mode.

Onana seems like a moody bastard, may want to get in someone there.

Zen

Tempted to apply for a laugh.
I'm gonna apply with my stand out being that I got the achievement with a save file with 1 singular save on it - the date of winning the league in game.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's exactly what I do. I take a struggling team and try to turn things around, I also only pick clubs that have actual competition in the short to mid term. And I don't stockpile players.
Avoiding signing wonderkids is how I try to play the game. I know a lot of people love to sign wonderkids and sell anyone over 29 but I prefer to have a mix. Who doesn't love 40 year old Acerbi holding the defence down?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Got COVID again and it's hitting me hard so just watching FM streams in bed. The interaction stuff is just breaking Lollujos save. It's ridiculously bad.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Logged in and i'm having the same issues after the patch. Every week I have players moaning about something...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looking forward to starting my save when everything is fixed in June 2025.

MDFC Manager

Logged in and i'm having the same issues after the patch. Every week I have players moaning about something...
Sancho moaning for a new contract in mine. To be fair he's playing superbly, but I told him to suck it up.

A month later, he longer wants the new contract, still playing well

Berbaclass

I'm starting a build a nation save in Malta after watching the video of SYC and his custom database for it.

Berbaclass

Beginning of my 3rd season in Malta, 2nd year in the Premier League and I nipped into a Conference League spot. Got through the first two games to my surprise against Ararat and Slovako but then I drew fecking Wolves :lol:

Somehow drew 3-3 at home before getting slapped 5-0 at Molineux.

Started to be able to attract semi decent players though. Got the Man City youth player Micah Hamilton who I’m retraining to play DM for me.

I’ve been super impressed by the sheer speed of the game this year. It’s absolutely rapid in terms of processing. I also think since the full release the ME looks better visually. Not sure how but it just looks like they tweaked the colours or something.

Hoping I can win the league this season after a very respectable 4th in my first year post promotion. Ħamrun the current champions were just a cut above us in terms of quality and resources but not for long I suspect :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Beginning of my 3rd season in Malta, 2nd year in the Premier League and I nipped into a Conference League spot. Got through the first two games to my surprise against Ararat and Slovako but then I drew fecking Wolves :lol:

Started to be able to attract semi decent players though. Got the Man City youth player Micah Hamilton who I’m retraining to play DM for me.

I’ve been super impressed by the sheer speed of the game this year. It’s absolutely rapid in terms of processing. I also think since the full release the ME looks better visually. Not sure how but it just looks like they tweaked the colours or something.

Hoping I can win the league this season after a very respectable 4th in my first year post promotion. Ħamrun the current champions were just a cut above us in terms of quality and resources but not for long I suspect :)
Agree on bolded. You can fly through journeyman type saves when in the lower leagues as it's very quick. Also the match engine and graphics do look cleaner overall.

MattofManchester

I've been semi-enjoying my United save up till March of the first season.

I've been parking the bus and playing defensive all of the first season, because I know the tactics don't do as well in FM as the more offensive ones. Nor does it make sense to play a style when our players aren't a good fit or of the caliber to fit that structure. So it feels more realistic. It's more or less worked as I sit 4th in the table. Comfortable 4th, but miles off 1st City and 2nd Arsenal but fighting it out with Liverpool for 3rd.

Chelsea and Spurs are sitting 16th and 17th which is both funny and confusing. Both started the season 0 wins and 9 losses which was a bit crazy.

I can see the player issues creeping in, which is ruining the immersion quite a bit, which makes me think I might quit in future, but still giving it a go for now. . The ME is fun, but it seems like there's too many goals at the backend of games to lessen deficits.

Ludens the Red

How the feck did you get through two and a bit seasons in less than 24 hours :lol: I know the game is quick but feck.

Berbaclass

How the feck did you get through two and a bit seasons in less than 24 hours :lol: I know the game is quick but feck.
After about 5 games in the first division in the first season I realised I was going to just pump everyone (I won 29/30 games) I just IR’d most of the rest of the season.

Same when I went up to the premier league really, I spent an hour or two scouting and building the team then just instant resulted to save time. The early years in a build a nation type save can be pretty dull when you’re that much better than the rest. It gets to the point where the yearly focus is just purely on the European games at the start if the season as the league becomes a formality until you can raise the level of it up.

Berbaclass

Season 3/4 is always when it starts to get good in a long term save as the regens start becoming ripe and more importantly 18 or over :wenger:

Nickosaur

Still trying to pick a fecking starting team :lol:

I think I want to start a second division league in a European league and bring a fallen giant back to the top. Before maybe heading over to England if/when United job becomes available.

Currently trying to choose between Deportivo/Malaga in Spain, Sochaux/Bordeaux in France, or Parma/Palermo in Italy.

Ludens the Red

After about 5 games in the first division in the first season I realised I was going to just pump everyone (I won 29/30 games) I just IR’d most of the rest of the season.

Same when I went up to the premier league really, I spent an hour or two scouting and building the team then just instant resulted to save time. The early years in a build a nation type save can be pretty dull when you’re that much better than the rest. It gets to the point where the yearly focus is just purely on the European games at the start if the season as the league becomes a formality until you can raise the level of it up.
Ah okay, that makes sense.

Red Star One

Some stuff from 2030 and a couple of my beautiful regens

Berbaclass

Some stuff from 2030 and a couple of my beautiful regens

Some great players there. That first transfer :lol:

How does that even happen

padr81

Supports
Man City
Thinking of taking the plunge but have a few questions.
Have SI touched dynamic youth rating for nations at all? Really wanna do a San Marino save with their own league as opposed to the Italian club.

Berbaclass

Main issue for me now is European HG club and nation spots. I'm essentially having to register only 17 players at the moment because I have absolutely none!

Berbaclass

Thinking of taking the plunge but have a few questions.
Have SI touched dynamic youth rating for nations at all? Really wanna do a San Marino save with their own league as opposed to the Italian club.
Not sure but I've started a save in Malta and I'm tracking things like club rep, nation rep, competition rep, and youth rating each season. Only in 2027 so difficult to say for me personally. You can mod the nation rules to give you a helping hand though, I'm using a custom Malta DB which scales prize money based on rep and player values on reputation too which is great.

Berbaclass

Glad this guy is getting some decent recognition. His idea/code is really good and interesting to me.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Giving this a go on gamepass for a quid. Managing Real Sociedad with only Basque players (feck John Aldridge).

The player interactions are genuinely worse than ever:
  • Mikel Merino spent months leading a squad rebellion because he reacted negatively to a random 'leave to assistant' full time team talk that everyone else reacted positively to.
  • This went on for almost half a season with the reason that dressing room morale was low... when every single player other than Merino was either in neutral or good morale for the whole time because we were mostly in good form.
  • Almost every member of the squad supported him in his 'dressing room morale is too low' complaint, while they themselves all had good morale.
  • My sub RW scores two worldies in the first half of a CL tie against Shakhtar. I single him out for praise at half time. "Appears motivated and inspired". Great. Comes out for second half. "Appears confused and demotivated" for the entire second half.
  • The whole squad is now rioting as "we don't have enough depth in defence"... because I sold a B team fullback who isn't good enough to play professional football to a side in the 5th tier.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Sounds about right.
Giving this a go on gamepass for a quid. Managing Real Sociedad with only Basque players (feck John Aldridge).

• Mikel Merino spent months leading a squad rebellion because he reacted negatively to a random 'leave to assistant' full time team talk that everyone else reacted positively to.
  • This went on for almost half a season with the reason that dressing room morale was low... when every single player other than Merino was either in neutral or good morale for the whole time because we were mostly in good form.
  • Almost every member of the squad supported him in his 'dressing room morale is too low' complaint, while they themselves all had good morale.
  • My sub RW scores two worldies in the first half of a CL tie against Shakhtar. I single him out for praise at half time. "Appears motivated and inspired". Great. Comes out for second half. "Appears confused and demotivated" for the entire second half.
  • The whole squad is now rioting as "we don't have enough depth in defence"... because I sold a B team fullback who isn't good enough to play professional football to a side in the 5th tier.

Berbaclass

Win more games.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Also when has anyone really ever kicked up a massive fuss about lack of squad depth? Rooney that one time about the quality of the signings/squad but can’t think of anyone else.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Also when has anyone really ever kicked up a massive fuss about lack of squad depth? Rooney that one time about the quality of the signings/squad but can’t think of anyone else.
I genuinely think they should just scrap the whole system of player interaction.

It's always been shit, they're clearly not going to fix it, and it's just a boring, ballache anyway.

As you've pointed out, it's also not realistic.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Honestly, the game won't progress further till they sort out the AI transfers/ squad building issue.

And I'd maybe combine the youth development cheat as well - as in if I've hoarded too many high rated youth players, their development should get impacted as a lot of them wont be getting game time in U18s and U21s.

Right now, their focus is on superficial things and things that may attract more people to the game (like visuals) but they'll lose/frustrate their core fan base

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Won back to back Icelandic PL titles in my journeyman save. Have had one CL campaign where we managed to get to the group. Won two games against Rangers and Anderlecht and drew against Milan. Got thumped in every single other game though. A nice 15m+ for the budget but the board refuses to spend it on anything so I'm going to resign mid season in the summer when jobs are available at bigger clubs to try and move one in the save. Having fun.

Berbaclass

Won back to back Icelandic PL titles in my journeyman save. Have had one CL campaign where we managed to get to the group. Won two games against Rangers and Anderlecht and drew against Milan. Got thumped in every single other game though. A nice 15m+ for the budget but the board refuses to spend it on anything so I'm going to resign mid season in the summer when jobs are available at bigger clubs to try and move one in the save. Having fun.
Sounds good. I’ve just managed to get to the CL group stage in season 5 in Malta. I did manage a conference league semi last year too. Lost to Fenerbache.

Finally starting to get decent regens interested in joining me too.

MDFC Manager

Sounds good. I’ve just managed to get to the CL group stage in season 5 in Malta. I did manage a conference league semi last year too. Lost to Fenerbache.

Finally starting to get decent regens interested in joining me too.
What point/date do regens show up?