Gaming Football Manager 2024

Leg-End

Sounds like I’ll be holding onto my cash a bit longer then, this needs some pretty big polish before it’s ready for a proper play.

I will monitor for the nuggets of cuntishness from Miles and the cheap deals from National League North and South club shop websites for this.

Herman Toothrot

Every week a player gets a 2-6 week injury and we can't go more than two games without giving a penalty away.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just had this sickening loss. We created so many fecking chances but are too shite to score them :mad:

MattofManchester

Honestly, I think GamePass is worth it if you feel like giving it a try. Frankly, FM is not worth it's price, given it looks like a game out of 2002, is littered with bugs and UI issues and it's pricing competition is up there with hugely transformative titles of the last couple years.

Don't enjoy it and you can just cancel the sub one month later.

Was the direction I took after all their repeated debacles since 2018.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
They still should’ve stated that from the get-go.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Started as United (Manchester UFC). Tiny budget, but I was able to sell Maguire, Varane, McTominay, VdB, and Sancho for good fees by using intermediaries. Which was a nice change, as usually selling players is Impossible. I got Raphinha from Barca for 14.5m as they were desperate to get rid. I managed to negotiate a season long loan for Tchouameni and somehow sneak in there an obligation to buy for 46m, which was strange because when I asked about buying him outright they wanted 80m. So that was a gift. I brought in Todibo and Scalvini on heavily incentivised fees with very low amounts up front. My budget for next season is predicted to be zero now, but I have a much better squad.

Started the league campaign with 8 wins and one draw (away to Arsenal). Vertical tiki taka with an inverted FB at RB and an inverted WB at LB. Just dominated the midfield. Only problem has been the quantity of injuries, which is actually accurate to real life. Hojlund is a machine. He’s on a goal a game right now, and Mount has been fantastic when he’s played.

Berbaclass

Started as United (Manchester UFC). Tiny budget, but I was able to sell Maguire, Varane, McTominay, VdB, and Sancho for good fees by using intermediaries. Which was a nice change, as usually selling players is Impossible. I got Raphinha from Barca for 14.5m as they were desperate to get rid. I managed to negotiate a season long loan for Tchouameni and somehow sneak in there an obligation to buy for 46m, which was strange because when I asked about buying him outright they wanted 80m. So that was a gift. I brought in Todibo and Scalvini on heavily incentivised fees with very low amounts up front. My budget for next season is predicted to be zero now, but I have a much better squad.

Started the league campaign with 8 wins and one draw (away to Arsenal). Vertical tiki taka with an inverted FB at RB and an inverted WB at LB. Just dominated the midfield. Only problem has been the quantity of injuries, which is actually accurate to real life. Hojlund is a machine. He’s on a goal a game right now, and Mount has been fantastic when he’s played.
Are you paying a monthly fee for Tchouameni? May be why the potential fee was less.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine

I have 8 first team players injured for United within the first week.

Madness.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
https://support.sega.com/hc/en-gb/articles/19981187415953-FM24-Licensing-Update

They are saying that the league is fully licensed up to a cutoff date, any changes after the date need to be approved and are working towards that update.

Fair enough IMO.
What does fully licensed mean, here? Because it seems not all clubs are licensed. That said, I don't fully blame SI here but they should have gone with "fully functional J League" or something rather than "fully licensed J League". Miles mentioned during the beta/early access release that it will be resolved by release, which it hasn't been obviously.

Speaking of functional, it seems the rules of the leagues don't coincide with the data they'd created which has meant it is almost impossible to play with certain teams in the league. It is all a bit of a feck up all round from all sides at the moment.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Still early days into the season for me but so far unbeaten with an absolute crushing of Arsenal in there.

Game seems to be even easier than previous versions.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Every day right now is a daily battle between me wanting to wait for some fixes before starting a save and wanting to start immediately to be able to have some control over football/immerse myself in a nicer football world :lol:

Berbaclass

Every day right now is a daily battle between me wanting to wait for some fixes before starting a save and wanting to start immediately to be able to have some control over football/immerse myself in a nicer football world :lol:
You haven’t played the game yet?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You haven’t played the game yet?
Nope not until I see they've fixed some of the major bugs. But the more shit Utd are the more desire I get to play.

I know a lot of the fixes require a new save so I don't want to jump into a deep save and then have to start again.

CallyRed

Nope not until I see they've fixed some of the major bugs. But the more shit Utd are the more desire I get to play.

I know a lot of the fixes require a new save so I don't want to jump into a deep save and then have to start again.
Show Eric how it's done eh

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished the first season of my Journeyman with the title win in the SA Second Division. Immediately resigned to find my next opportunity. Might have been a bit premature as now struggling to find a new job!

CallyRed

I'd actually start at League One level or something, I just want control over how a team plays and it not to be shit :lol:
I started with United, but my distain towards some of the players has actually made me start again with Leyton Orient.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just got my second job with Vikingur in the Icelandic Premier Division.

Nickosaur

How are people finding it?
Trying to finish Starfield before jumping in but I am tempted. Still have no idea what my first save will be.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How many leagues do you load for a journey man career?
About 10 but that's normal for me anyway. Also play on a large database.

In a journeyman I usually start by loading up 10 crap leagues like India, Australia, Japan, Iceland, South Africa, Finland, Belarus etc. and don't load any of the big leagues. The more I progress I start to remove some of the worse leagues and start to add the next level of leagues like Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland etc., before eventually getting to the PL, Série A.

Last year I went from a club in the Norwegian third division to Rosenberg to Venezia to a PL club I forgot to PSG.

Started off in the SA second division this year and now in the Icelandic first division! It's always a fun first save and means you don't play with wonderkids and known players immediately.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
About 10 but that's normal for me anyway. Also play on a large database.

In a journeyman I usually start by loading up 10 crap leagues like India, Australia, Japan, Iceland, South Africa, Finland, Belarus etc. and don't load any of the big leagues. The more I progress I start to remove some of the worse leagues and start to add the next level of leagues like Norway, Netherlands, Switzerland etc., before eventually getting to the PL, Série A.

Last year I went from a club in the Norwegian third division to Rosenberg to Venezia to a PL club I forgot to PSG.

Started off in the SA second division this year and now in the Icelandic first division! It's always a fun first save and means you don't play with wonderkids and known players immediately.
I despise knowing who the wonderkids are. Always want that to come organically for me, but I've already seen a couple of names coming up over and over, and it's basically impossible to forget them. Then if you play with a big team you have to toy between signing them because they're clearly the best or ignoring them and deliberately hamstringing yourself.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I despise knowing who the wonderkids are. Always want that to come organically for me, but I've already seen a couple of names coming up over and over, and it's basically impossible to forget them. Then if you play with a big team you have to toy between signing them because they're clearly the best or ignoring them and deliberately hamstringing yourself.
Yeah, I'm a bit gutted that my beta Everton save basically ruined a lot of them for me already, especially ones with low release clauses that I can nab if I start a save with a mid table top division side.

AnotherLondonManc

I haven't bought this year's edition yet. Are wingers actually good this year? For the last 2 FMs I was playing narrow diamonds because mezzalas were so much more effective than wingers, and having 2 strikers was better than 2 IFs. Has the new match engine changed formation meta at all?