Gaming FM 17 Club Draft | Final update is out

What should we do transferwise?

• Allow a fixed maximum number of transfers each summer

• Let in-game managers make transfer each summer

• Stick with original squad

Results are only viewable after voting.
I guess the only problem with that is. You lose your main pick and then lets say your next pick is the same as somebodies tier 4 pick, you instantly lose that also, so the pool of players shrinks quite fast
Yep, that's why you should plan ahead and calculate the risk of not prioritizing your crucial picks

Has only been 24 hours since we started with the PMs. If this round is finished within the next couple of hours then we've drafted 5 times faster than the original method

I just know the last tier 1 pick is going to push everyone into replacements and then we go around again.
Definitely. I'm confident the next round will go a lot smoother though since 200 players will already have been drafted by then.

Yep, that's why you should plan ahead and calculate the risk of not prioritizing your crucial picks

Yup.

I'm finding this draft really fun. I knew I needed a keeper but I also needed a striker.
De Gea is an obvious choice of candidates left while Morata was a bit more obscure.

I will say though, I was watching the draft intently hoping he wasn't picked :lol:

Yup.

I'm finding this draft really fun. I knew I needed a keeper but I also needed a striker.
De Gea is an obvious choice of candidates left while Morata was a bit more obscure.

I will say though, I was watching the draft intently hoping he wasn't picked :lol:
I'm very ambivalent about this. It's kind of enjoyable but at the same time exhausting. Kind of like sex with someone who just lies there.

That's what I'm talking about
If your pick #2 fails, you don't pick another one at this spot, putting in question dozens of other picks, but you pick him as a #6, with lower priority and without a chance of influencing already successful picks.

But you choose whichever system suits you better, of course
So for instance I pick Messi as my #1, Tor Hogne Aarøy as my #2 and Richard Eckersley as #3. Damien has already picked Aarøy as his #1 so I wont get him. Instead of me filling out my #2 slot, Eckersley moves up to that slot and I have to fill in 3,4,5?

I like that idea, decreases the amount of replacements having to be made.

So for instance I pick Messi as my #1, Tor Hogne Aarøy as my #2 and Richard Eckersley as #3. Damien has already picked Aarøy as his #1 so I wont get him. Instead of me filling out my #2 slot, Eckersley moves up to that slot and I have to fill in 3,4,5?

I like that idea, decreases the amount of replacements having to be made.

No the others don't move up they stay were they are. Just that when he replaces his number 2 it becomes number 6 instead

Oh okay. Yeah that sounds decent. Will try that out next round unless people are against it.

It's the same across the board just means you have to be more tactical with you picks.

The way it's done at the moment I could go for the 5 biggest players available with no repercussions.

It's the same across the board just means you have to be more tactical with you picks.

The way it's done at the moment I could go for the 5 biggest players available with no repercussions.
That's true. I don't really mind how it's done. Up to you guys.
Must be said though that I think people should be allowed to make attempts for the players they really want without having to think about whether they might have been picked or not. It's so random who gets picked and who doesn't. There's a player in the 4th tier who is young and one of the best in his position (a position people have been struggling to find players for), while there are several players on higher tires who are way more average.

That's true. I don't really mind how it's done. Up to you guys.
Must be said though that I think people should be allowed to make attempts for the players they really want without having to think about whether they might have been picked or not. It's so random who gets picked and who doesn't. There's a player in the 4th tier who is young and one of the best in his position (a position people have been struggling to find players for), while there are several players on higher tires who are way more average.

That's all part of the risk though. You could miss out on a higher target because you thought they'd be gone when in reality they haven't. Adds a degree of tactical picking that isn't there at the moment.

Say I went...
Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar
Griezmann
Martial

I could do that knowing if my picks mess up I could just pick another at the same tier.

With the other one we're considering I'd have to be smarter about it or risk having my picks taking less preference over others who have picked smarter and more realistically.

My PM list reads like Father Ted:

Fr. Andy Riley,
Fr. Desmond Coyle,
Fr. George Byrne,
Fr. David Nicholson,
Fr. Declan Lynch,
Fr. Ken Sweeney,
Fr. Neil Hannon,
Fr. Keith Cullen,
Fr. Ciaran Donnelly,
Fr. Mick McEvoy,
Fr. Jack White,
Fr. Henry Bigbigging,
Fr. Hank Tree,
Fr. Hiroshima Twinkie
Fr. Stig Bubblecard,
Fr. Johnny Hellzapoppin’ ,
Fr. Luke Duke,
Fr. Billy Ferry,
Fr. Chewy Louie,
Fr. John Hoop,
Fr. Hairycake Linehan,
Fr. Rebulah Conundrum,
Fr. Peewee Stairmaster,
Fr. Jemima Racktool,
Fr. Jerry Twig,
Fr. Spodo Komodo,
Fr. Cannabranna Lammer.
Fr. Todd Unctious

I prefer this method and I'd say it's more tactical.

Lets say I made the CB my priority and I wanted Varane so I put him first and my list looked like this:

1. Varane
2. Nainggolan
3. De Gea
4. Suarez
5. Bale

If somebody else had Varane first and I missed out on him, my next CB pick would end up number 6. Problem with that is, I could miss out on 8 or 9 defenders even though I tactically prioritised the CB position out of my picks

Holy feck just realized there's one absolute world class player who isn't picked. He's quite old though but still. World class imo. And in a position people are struggling to find solutions for