Final | Spain vs England

Kane and Foden had no business starting this final. Kane especially. Watkins in 15 mins has given Laporte and Le Normand more to worry about than Kane for 60 mins.

We all see it

Got them on the pitch and fresh now though. We can at least be grateful that Southgate had the nerves to bring them on as early as he did

Southgate is a muppet, anyone could see that Watkins and Palmer should start.
Yeah, but isn't it much better to lure Spain into a false sense of security and then pulling the rug from under their feet?

I remember when people said that Arsenal fans would have been insufferable had they won the league both last year and this year, despite the fact that the alternative (which actually happened) was way worse as it meant that Man City matched and then broke one of our records. If England win, it’ll be beyond insufferable for me, a Scottish person. They don’t shut up about 1966, so they’ll be even more insufferable if they win this!

(In all seriousness, I want to feel happy for the English people here, who form a majority (as this is for an English club). But still. I’m a bitter Scotsman, it’s in my nature.)

Still time for Rice to feck this up for England. Shaw looking leggy and unsupported.

Spain will dominate possession again now and probe England's weaknesses.

England need someone who can hold the ball in the middle of the park.

I think that was the third time England have scored within minutes of Mainoo coming off. He’s had a good tournament but he’s been off it tonight

Don't think he'd been the worst player before the goal by any means, but he certainly wasn't helping knit things together like he had been in other matches.

Also I think England scoring after he goes off has been a massive coincidence. England haven't really played well at all for sustained periods in this tournament, relied on moments, and have plenty of good players to provide them.

Palmer should be starting ahead of both Foden and Bellingham I think.

I think that was the third time England have scored within minutes of Mainoo coming off. He’s had a good tournament but he’s been off it tonight

To be fair, that’ll happened when you’re being subbed off for Cole Palmer and generally after or together with Harry Kane also leaving the field of play. He was off it tonight in the second half though.

Hard to leave out your captain and Bundesliga top scorer, UCL top scorer, and European golden Boot winner.

I've got no problem with bringing them on towards the end if we're still in it

Hard but that is why he is paid to make the decisions. He has seen Kane play like a pensioner on a Sunday stroll for 6 games in this tournament. He cannot honestly say picking Kane gives England the best chance to win.

feck knows how he ended up at City when his dad’s a season ticket holder in the North Stand, our academy can’t have been that bad.
It can. The Glazers are why. If they hadn’t neglected the club so much, he’d have been playing for us. Absolutely disgusting, it’s almost criminal.

I remember when people said that Arsenal fans would have been insufferable had they won the league both last year and this year, despite the fact that the alternative (which actually happened) was way worse as it meant that Man City matched and then broke one of our records. If England win, it’ll be beyond insufferable for me, a Scottish person. They don’t shut up about 1966, so they’ll be even more insufferable if they win this!

(In all seriousness, I want to feel happy for the English people here, who form a majority (as this is for an English club). But still. I’m a bitter Scotsman, it’s in my nature.)

don’t worry. we’ll still find a way to feck it up.

Feck it, they can have the euros if they want it.

At least we get better accents and better tap water.

Yeah, but isn't it much better to lure Spain into a false sense of security and then pulling the rug from under their feet?

When you put it like that, masterstroke by future MU manager Southgate.