Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would we actually expect him to cost? Their record departures seem to be around €20m: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fenerbahce-istanbul/rekordabgaenge/verein/36
Problem is we’re working hard to distance ourselves from the “easy mark” category that every club thinks is there for rinsing; other clubs won’t be quoted what we are, and worse still from that perspective is those clubs can attempt to haggle from their quoted price where we will be lucky to get the price down to what they were initially quoted.

I’d say whatever the going rate should be, factoring in the mark up for us is what makes it painful and likely improbable that we throw our hat into the ring.

It’s a shame because he offers so much of what we need with his versatility being a massive bonus on top.

I’m hopeful he’s still there to be had once we’ve wrapped up other business and that a fair price is on the table for him.

Wasn't it mentioned before that Jose is interested in Lindelof? Lindelof + 15m euros would be a great deal for this guy. He is versatile enough to be an option for both the wide back positions for the time being. Given Shaw's injury record and whatever is up with Malacia I can't see us going into the season without another option at LB.

I think 30m pounds is fair. Sure 10m are because of the Euros, but it is what it is. I dont think there is a better left back/fullback for the money this summer.

Can't say I've seen anywhere near enough of him, but the price seems very steep considering the current market. He looks good on highlights reels, but then again, Tells looked like a reincarnation of Roberto Carlos on YouTube videos.

Can't say I've seen anywhere near enough of him, but the price seems very steep considering the current market. He looks good on highlights reels, but then again, Tells looked like a reincarnation of Roberto Carlos on YouTube videos.
I thought so as well, but looking at what Boey went to Bayern for (€30m), I think they will probably benchmark him against that transfer. Which is fair, as I thought Boey looked quite good and with his added versatility it's probably fair.

I think they're basing their demands off Sacha Boey's move to Bayern six months ago. I believe that was around double Galatasaray's previous record departure.
I thought so as well, but looking at what Boey went to Bayern for (€30m), I think they will probably benchmark him against that transfer. Which is fair, as I thought Boey looked quite good and with his added versatility it's probably fair.
Yeah, fair points. I didn’t realise Boey cost “that” much.

Came in for Tadic yesterday and played the RW/RM role, scored after being 6min on the pitch.

anyone that says this lad isn't good enough obviously hasn't watched him play

anyone that says this lad isn't good enough obviously hasn't watched him play
I've never seen him play outside of the Euros, but he did look good there. However, I'm slightly skeptical about signing a right-footed left-back. He does seem like a useful utility player, though. Very versatile.

I've never seen him play outside of the Euros, but he did look good there. However, I'm slightly skeptical about signing a right-footed left-back. He does seem like a useful utility player, though. Very versatile.
He uses his left comfortably and superfluously without hesitation or even thinking about getting on to his right.

I think I'm confused, I quickly glanced at the Tweet earlier and thought it was pounds.

Oh God knows, I read a few things that said euros. They do love to change it to pounds for United transfers though!

I could well have read it wrong! If it's euro, it seems an ok price. But again, I'm relying on others knowledge of the player as I've only seen him play in a few YT clips.

Mourinho won't let him leave. Not in his first season in Turkey. No chance. Just as Conte won't let Kharsa leave Napoli in his first season in charge.

He was a touted player before going into the Euros, to be fair, and he easily lived up to his billing.
Yeah but I doubt that guy pontificating has watched more than those Euros games. He wants Rios off the back of a few games on the Copa America.

Wasn't it mentioned before that Jose is interested in Lindelof? Lindelof + 15m euros would be a great deal for this guy. He is versatile enough to be an option for both the wide back positions for the time being. Given Shaw's injury record and whatever is up with Malacia I can't see us going into the season without another option at LB.

Yeah his versatility to play LB/RB is key

Yeah but I doubt that guy pontificating has watched more than those Euros games. He wants Rios off the back of a few games on the Copa America.
pontificating...interesting verb choice there

no, i don't watch Fenerbache regularly but i did watched the euros and i've seen a couple of fenerbache games in europa....regardless, you don't have to watch a guy for months or an entire season as some claim to see if a guy is good enough or not much like your comment about Rios

look at the particular opposition and who they are playing against and that will tell you all that you need to know

no, i don't watch Fenerbache regularly but i did watched the euros and i've seen a couple of fenerbache games in europa....regardless, you don't have to watch a guy for months or an entire season as some claim to see if a guy is good enough or not much like your comment about Rios

look at the particular opposition and who they are playing against and that will tell you all that you need to know
Sometimes you can even just look at their Football Manager stats.

I saw you say this in the other thread too, but I don’t feel it was fully countered.

The problem with a short run of games is that it tells you what a player looks like in microcosm, but can give you no information whatsoever about their character, mental tendencies or whether it’s just form and not the player’s actual level, especially over a season.

We can take a snapshot - particularly on technical ability - during a tournament, but there are many more factors to evaluate than how good a player looks in the moment. Imagine you don’t do your research and then find out you’ve bought an extremely streaky or flaky player? Someone who looks amazing in a run of games before slumping for double the amount? Is that player worth the investment because he can go on runs of good form, whilst otherwise being a liability?

Majors are a great supplemental to a player who performs well over a club campaign, but in isolation, they serve up curveballs like our very own Kleberson or the legendary James, who is essentially a footballing nomad in spite of his ability. 6-7 games are not enough in isolation to be buying players off of.

I saw you say this in the other thread too, but I don’t feel it was fully countered.

The problem with a short run of games is that it tells you what a player looks like in microcosm, but can give you no information whatsoever about their character, mental tendencies or whether it’s just form and not the player’s actual level, especially over a season.

We can take a snapshot - particularly on technical ability - during a tournament, but there are many more factors to evaluate than how good a player looks in the moment. Imagine you don’t do your research and then find out you’ve bought an extremely streaky or flaky player? Someone who looks amazing in a run of games before slumping for double the amount? Is that player worth the investment because he can go on runs of good form, whilst otherwise being a liability?

Majors are a great supplemental to a player who performs well over a club campaign, but in isolation, they serve up curveballs like our very own Kleberson or the legendary James, who is essentially a footballing nomad in spite of his ability. 6-7 games are not enough in isolation to be buying players off of.
that is correct and that is where the due dilligence of the scouting team really becomes important to learn about the player and tendencies....i'm just strictly talking about skill level and can he perform against quality opposition

our very own Rashford is showing you right now that a player can be flaky and streaky but sadly for us in his case a very bad and poor streak of form

I am following the Turkish league very closely. I am a fan of Galatasaray who is a huge rival to Fenerbahçe where Kadıoğlu plays, therefore my observations can be biased….

I have watched him many games. The short conclusion is that he is way too good to play in Türkiye. What you saw during the Euros is what he usually do in Türkiye as well. No one that watches him on a regular basis would be surprised with his display during the euros. He is a a very attacking player as he has previously played attacking midfield. He is good at dribbling, run forward with the ball, run forward without the ball; and he is very fast. His attacking display is not a disadvantage to his defence as he is a very smart player and is good at positioning himself. He is mainly right footed but almost uses the left food equally good. You’ll be able to see that he can cross with right foot and left food and can and have played both LB and RB, which would increase competition on both of Shaw and Dalot but at the same time increase debt on the fullback positions. He is very energetic, and can run non stop in 90 minutes, a characteristic that the fans would love him for. He is born in the Netherlands and has started his football education over there why his football mentality fits in with what Ten Hag has tried with inverted fullbacks lately, it’s something he is capable of doing pretty well. Again he is a very smart player a lot of coaches would love. I would be very sad to see him go somewhere else as he is the kind of player we should aim for both due to his technical, physical, mental, positional and personal capabilities …. I was also a big fan of Arda Güler and wanted him badly to sign with us and I really hope that this time we manage to get one of the few gems that usullay comes out of the Turkish league

Reactions: Fortitude
I am following the Turkish league very closely. I am a fan of Galatasaray who is a huge rival to Fenerbahçe where Kadıoğlu plays, therefore my observations can be biased….

I have watched him many games. The short conclusion is that he is way too good to play in Türkiye. What you saw during the Euros is what he usually do in Türkiye as well. No one that watches him on a regular basis would be surprised with his display during the euros. He is a a very attacking player as he has previously played attacking midfield. He is good at dribbling, run forward with the ball, run forward without the ball; and he is very fast. His attacking display is not a disadvantage to his defence as he is a very smart player and is good at positioning himself. He is mainly right footed but almost uses the left food equally good. You’ll be able to see that he can cross with right foot and left food and can and have played both LB and RB, which would increase competition on both of Shaw and Dalot but at the same time increase debt on the fullback positions. He is very energetic, and can run non stop in 90 minutes, a characteristic that the fans would love him for. He is born in the Netherlands and has started his football education over there why his football mentality fits in with what Ten Hag has tried with inverted fullbacks lately, it’s something he is capable of doing pretty well. Again he is a very smart player a lot of coaches would love. I would be very sad to see him go somewhere else as he is the kind of player we should aim for both due to his technical, physical, mental, positional and personal capabilities …. I was also a big fan of Arda Güler and wanted him badly to sign with us and I really hope that this time we manage to get one of the few gems that usullay comes out of the Turkish league
Sounds promising. I like that he's capable of not only playing on both sides but also challenge both Shaw and Dalot. I'd also get a leftfooted LB though if we had the luxury. Would you say his main position is LB or it doesn't matter?

Why do scouts pour over hours and hours of match film then?

I'd like us to get him. Seems a cracking player to have at our disposal.

Good post. Thanks for the insight. Hopefully we snap him up before anyone else does.

Sounds promising. I like that he's capable of not only playing on both sides but also challenge both Shaw and Dalot. I'd also get a leftfooted LB though if we had the luxury. Would you say his main position is LB or it doesn't matter?
Difficult to say. He is very versatile. He had however mainly played LB last 12 months which one would assume to be his strongest position at the moment. But as mentioned he is positionally very strong and could easily compete with Dalot as well.

In addition with him, we even could have Shaw as completion for the LCB position. With Shaw at LB/LCB, Dalot at RB/LB and Kadıoğlu at LB/RB we could suddenly have very strong and versatile fullbacks that can increase the tactical options

Status
Not open for further replies.