Ferdi Kadıoğlu | signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the sort of signing I was hoping for from Ineos, decent players that don't cost the earth, instead of the usual £80m targets we always get fleeced on.

This guy should be a starter. As much as I like Shaw, you have to be realistic and he's not going to do a full season. He breaks apart more than my kids Lego collection.

If we bag this guy I say we make him a first 11 player and make Shaw the squad player. We've got to move on from him now, it feels like he's been with us since Big Ron run the club.

I doubt we'd be top of his list given he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. Looks a very good player though.

Shaw can't stay fit and Dalot isn't a lock....i think this kid would come in and start right from the beginning as he's better defensively than Dalot and Shaw.

And you’ve watched him extensively?

Probably about as much as most have on this forum, which isn’t much outside the Euros. I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him, he looked really good from what I’ve seen. The point I was making is we shouldn’t just be paying whatever clubs want just because we can afford it. That’s largely why we’re in such a mess, because Woodward and co were terrible negotiators and would just cough up whatever a selling club demanded. I’d like to think our new look recruitment team are a lot more competent and savvy operators.

I'm not a particular fan of any of the fullbacks at the club - injury prone or average - in my view all our fullbacks fall into at least one of these camps, so I'm always open to alternatives. Kadioglu seems very expensive, though.

Last edited:
Shaw can't stay fit and Dalot isn't a lock....i think this kid would come in and start right from the beginning as he's better defensively than Dalot and Shaw.

Are you sure about that because even if you meant at exclusively at the left back position, that's fairly impressive considering Dalot's season.

Probably about as much as most have on this forum, which isn’t much outside the Euros. I’m not saying we shouldn’t sign him, he looked really good from what I’ve seen. The point I was making is we shouldn’t just be paying whatever clubs want just because we can afford it. That’s largely why we’re in such a mess, because Woodward and co were terrible negotiators and would just cough up whatever a selling club demanded. I’d like to think our new look recruitment team are a lot more competent and savvy operators.

Comparing paying 30m for him to what Woodward would do is just... devoid of logic at best

Yeah very good 1v1 considering how much of a weapon he is going forward.

The few minutes of Turkey's games I saw, I did think that left hand side looked good but then their whole team was playing quite well with good energy and chemistry. The LW, Yıldız caught my eye.

Dalot's season as a left back included shutting down Saka, Salah and Foden etc even if he did have some low points and I can't obviously extrapolate those peaks as his average. However, if Kadıoğlu categorically better or an improvement defensively, then I'll be very impressed and will be watching with interest. I'm all aboard the muppet train anyways.

This is one of them signings, sort of random, but hope we make.
Weird that the links are coming from a strong source in Turkey, but no English journalist are really jumping on it

Are you sure about that because even if you meant at exclusively at the left back position, that's fairly impressive considering Dalot's season.
Yeah very good 1v1 considering how much of a weapon he is going forward.

he's quite solid defensively....again, not me saying this, but many pundits stated he was the best LB in the tournament

I admit that I have only ever seen this lad in the Turkey v. Holland game, but I am willing to bet my life that this statement isn't true. A healthy Luke Shaw is a world class fullback, quality in possession, attacking, and defending.

he's quite solid defensively....again, not me saying this, but many pundits stated he was the best LB in the tournament

That's fine, I'm just questioning 'better defensively than Dalot', which is quite a big claim for me. Doing it in the PL is a different ball game.

This is one of them signings, sort of random, but hope we make.
Weird that the links are coming from a strong source in Turkey, but no English journalist are really jumping on it

Suggests to me that it might be for internal Turkish consumption and that he’ll get an improved contract from his club.

He does look good though, would definitely have him here.

No brainer for me. The kind of squad option that means when your first team isnt out there due to injuries or suspension, the quality doesn’t fall off a cliff. And that’s assuming he doesn’t start.

We need a LB.

Shaw whilst a top player when fit, misses way too many games, Malacia has been injured most of his time here too.

Going into the new season with the same LB options as now is unforgivable.

35-40 seems a steep fee to be honest...
He can play both sides, right ? Less painful spending if AWB is sold for 20m...

Sell AWB and Lindelof, buy de Ligt and Ferdi, and I believe our defense is sorted.
Ferdi is very impressive, and his versatility is a big bonus.

Great teams are built on a solid defense, so that will be the first step to a great future.

Focus on the rest after, we aren't winning the league this new season anyway, so let's build a project, and improve one step at a time. Our team is becoming younger and younger so it's important to plan a few years ahead, then hopefully when we mature we can dominate.

Let it go, we ain't signing him, he's not good enough.

We need a LB.

Shaw whilst a top player when fit, misses way too many games, Malacia has been injured most of his time here too.

Going into the new season with the same LB options as now is unforgivable.
We aren't getting a new LB. We are in for a CM, CB and RB according to media reports. If the RB back can also play LB then that's the best we will get

Yep, it's seems we don't want to spend/can't spend a great deal on a full back this summer. He seems a bit on the expensive side.
Assets with such versatility and quality are just not going to be had for cheap. We don’t look like we can stretch that far given our need in multiple positions.

We aren't getting a new LB. We are in for a CM, CB and RB according to media reports. If the RB back can also play LB then that's the best we will get
From the very start, it was reported that we want to strengthen at CB, CM, and CF, and if there was scope to do so afterwards, we'd look at a left back. The RB links seem to only be happening now in response to (presumed) interest in Wan-Bissaka.

So I'd say there's still a decent chance of us getting a LB in, although it would probably be sales-dependant or a loan.

From the very start, it was reported that we want to strengthen at CB, CM, and CF, and if there was scope to do so afterwards, we'd look at a left back. The RB links seem to only be happening now in response to (presumed) interest in Wan-Bissaka.

So I'd say there's still a decent chance of us getting a LB in, although it would probably be sales-dependant or a loan.
There are media reports from yesterday afternoon, ESPN being one that state the three target positions are CM - Ugarte, CB - de ligt and RB - potentially any of mazraoui / vanderson / frimpong.

There are media reports from yesterday afternoon, ESPN being one that state the three target positions are CM - Ugarte, CB - de ligt and RB - potentially any of mazraoui / vanderson / frimpong.
I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.