Gaming FC 25 (Fifa 25) - Solius' favourite thread

I don't think it's a coincidence that I haven't bought Fifa for 2 years and have had the best 2 years of my life.

Thinking of picking this up, not brought a FIFA (FC) game since about 2017.
Couple Q's for those that have it - In career mode, if scouting is turned off, can you just search players via overall ability? I can never be bothered with the scouting aspect.
Also if Transfers are set to realistic or hard, what is that like? E.g if you are Man Utd, what's it like trying to sign Cole Palmer (Or similar) on these modes if anyone has? I have seen the Lemal for Antony swap and this is a game killer if thats on hard...

Thinking of picking this up, not brought a FIFA (FC) game since about 2017.
Couple Q's for those that have it - In career mode, if scouting is turned off, can you just search players via overall ability? I can never be bothered with the scouting aspect.
Also if Transfers are set to realistic or hard, what is that like? E.g if you are Man Utd, what's it like trying to sign Cole Palmer (Or similar) on these modes if anyone has? I have seen the Lemal for Antony swap and this is a game killer if thats on hard...

Haven't tried with scouting turned off and player search on but i've tried the other way around and it's actually a lot more fun.

For transfers on realistic, it's a bit ropey but works well in some instances. Some players you can't even enter negotiations because the club won't sell to a rival, the player is too important and (and I liked this one) the player wanted to remain at the club for their entire career. There's also an availability stat on scout reports that I assume realted to this.

Haven't tried with scouting turned off and player search on but i've tried the other way around and it's actually a lot more fun.

For transfers on realistic, it's a bit ropey but works well in some instances. Some players you can't even enter negotiations because the club won't sell to a rival, the player is too important and (and I liked this one) the player wanted to remain at the club for their entire career. There's also an availability stat on scout reports that I assume realted to this.

Thank you! Think I'm gonna pick up a copy tomorrow. Hoping the simulation gameplay makes it better too!

Just checked and nope it's not there. Only location and cross play

Ah gutted. Or maybe not as it saves me money and time

But thank you for checking. It's ridiculous they haven't added something so simple they have in other modes

I'm enjoying this so far, it's hard to defend don't get me wrong, but the flow of games feels better than I can remember it being a couple of years ago.

Dreading that first major patch which usually screws everything though after a decent start.

Same I actually quite like the game so far but maybe that's because I'm on a good winning streak.

It'll all go downhill soon when I start losing.

How do you get match XP and development bonus up on the players development plans.

Almost all my players are on very poor and very low on both counts.

Finished rank 2 in Champs, 13-2 record. 2 matches I lost felt quite unneccesary, so hopefully should get minimum 13 wins next weekend too. Feel like this is going to be my year.

How good is ea sports 25? I’ve recently bought it but not played it yet.

Is eFootball or (whatever daft name Konami call it these days) still pants? Just want a good offline single player football game. Don't care for the gambling simulator nonsense like FUT or the like.

It's alright, online community still sucks though, all self centred knobheads who don't actually understand footballers can pass.
Argh. You play a lot of pro clubs? I’m just literally waiting for the game to download.

Argh. You play a lot of pro clubs? I’m just literally waiting for the game to download.

I used to but haven't bothered with pro clubs this year so far, waiting to see if a caf club pops up or my work mates decide they want to play pro clubs.

Can't be arsed with randoms.

I used to but haven't bothered with pro clubs this year so far, waiting to see if a caf club pops up or my work mates decide they want to play pro clubs.

Ye I’m up for a caf club. I’ve just asked the question in the PlayStation 5 forum.

Is eFootball or (whatever daft name Konami call it these days) still pants? Just want a good offline single player football game. Don't care for the gambling simulator nonsense like FUT or the like.

I can’t speak for the single player aspect, but if you want a football game that’s 11vs11 with it not really mattering all that much, and you wish to play against friends, it’s exceptional.

It’s closer to Sensible Soccer than it is FIFA. In that dribbling is precise and smooth, and you don’t need to do exactly the same shit every time to beat a man. Passing works. Off the ball runs are great and not repetitive. Goals don’t always look the same. Almost everything you do feels earned, rather than gamed.

It’s got shit everything else. But that harks back to better times. If you’ve got a mate that likes playing football games, buy it and play it. You’ll have more fun that if you get the EA game. You’ll enjoy playing it and won’t give a shit about kits and player names. If you do, get a patch.

All this based on playing it loads over a weeklong period with a mate who took it on a trip with a group of us. It’s great, under the advisements above. Others that have played it for months might have found loads of shit behavioural mechanics that you can ‘cheat’ but I didn’t find any and my mate had been playing it for a while.

I can’t speak for the single player aspect, but if you want a football game that’s 11vs11 with it not really mattering all that much, and you wish to play against friends, it’s exceptional.

It’s closer to Sensible Soccer than it is FIFA. In that dribbling is precise and smooth, and you don’t need to do exactly the same shit every time to beat a man. Passing works. Off the ball runs are great and not repetitive. Goals don’t always look the same. Almost everything you do feels earned, rather than gamed.

It’s got shit everything else. But that harks back to better times. If you’ve got a mate that likes playing football games, buy it and play it. You’ll have more fun that if you get the EA game. You’ll enjoy playing it and won’t give a shit about kits and player names. If you do, get a patch.

All this based on playing it loads over a weeklong period with a mate who took it on a trip with a group of us. It’s great, under the advisements above. Others that have played it for months might have found loads of shit behavioural mechanics that you can ‘cheat’ but I didn’t find any and my mate had been playing it for a while.
Cheers, I'll give it a go then.

Ye I’m up for a caf club. I’ve just asked the question in the PlayStation 5 forum.
Add me into this PM if it ever gets set up please

How good is ea sports 25? I’ve recently bought it but not played it yet.
Ultimate team game play is horrendous. The gameplay in other modes honestly isn't that bad. Clubs is great if you have a group, clubs rush is fantastic if you have a good group. Definitely wish I had a consistent group for those 2. Single player gameplay feels better than others but it's single player so it's hard to balance difficulty properly I'm sure.

@Eddy_JukeZ was just flicking through the elite leaderboard and saw your name on there. How are you finding it? Guessing like most pros you're hating it?

The worst FC/FIFA game I've ever played in terms of gameplay

Don't think a single pro likes this game

The passing and lag is horrific. Was going to play for the 45 rivals points but got to 15 and said nah I'm good..

I'm only D6 and I win most games I play atm but the gameplay is just so horrible.

I was absolutely loving Rush for a couple of nights. I think I was just lucky to be paired with reasonable people - many with the hero complex but a fair degree of tracking back, passing etc.

Tonight, though, has been a shit show. Every match has had at least one player not moving and at least one player trying to dribble round the opposition. I don’t know what I’ve down to be paired with such wibbles. Before tonight, I’ve routinely gotten highest match ratings, most passes, most tackles, most interceptions. The quintessential team player. Now my play is going to shit because I’m so frustrated by the bell ends around me.

Ultimate team game play is horrendous. The gameplay in other modes honestly isn't that bad. Clubs is great if you have a group, clubs rush is fantastic if you have a good group. Definitely wish I had a consistent group for those 2. Single player gameplay feels better than others but it's single player so it's hard to balance difficulty properly I'm sure.
Played rush last night. Love that new game mode. Be better doing it with consistent people like you said though. I play it with my brother but we get put with 2 other awful players. Some people spoil it.

I was absolutely loving Rush for a couple of nights. I think I was just lucky to be paired with reasonable people - many with the hero complex but a fair degree of tracking back, passing etc.

Tonight, though, has been a shit show. Every match has had at least one player not moving and at least one player trying to dribble round the opposition. I don’t know what I’ve down to be paired with such wibbles. Before tonight, I’ve routinely gotten highest match ratings, most passes, most tackles, most interceptions. The quintessential team player. Now my play is going to shit because I’m so frustrated by the bell ends around me.
I can relate to this mate. Played it last night for the first time and about 3 games out of 4 was poor because of the idiots you get put with. A lot of people spoil it for others. The 1 decent game I managed to get I got a 10 rating.

Played rush last night. Love that new game mode. Be better doing it with consistent people like you said though. I play it with my brother but we get put with 2 other awful players. Some people spoil it.

I play with two other mates and if we get an idiot on our team then we simply stop passing to them. It seems to make people play properly :lol:

I can relate to this mate. Played it last night for the first time and about 3 games out of 4 was poor because of the idiots you get put with. A lot of people spoil it for others. The 1 decent game I managed to get I got a 10 rating.

I don't know the logistics of this on Rush but if you and your brother want a like-minded team mate, feel free to friend request me on there (same username as on RedCafe). Although the worry would be that we'd be too unselfish and never score ;)

I play with two other mates and if we get an idiot on our team then we simply stop passing to them. It seems to make people play properly :lol:
I do that also, but it’s kind of hard when it’s me and my pro club team mate with 2 other pro club team mates on the same team :lol: It’s basically 2 different teams on the same team which always makes us get smashed

I don't know the logistics of this on Rush but if you and your brother want a like-minded team mate, feel free to friend request me on there (same username as on RedCafe). Although the worry would be that we'd be too unselfish and never score ;)
I’ll add you tonight mate. Ye but being unselfish we’d just walk the ball into there net :lol: Barca in their prime.

Anyone online and wanna play pros with me and my brother?