Gaming FC 25 (Fifa 25) - Solius' favourite thread

Think I'm gonna just stick to Fifa 23 on PC, with mods. All the latest kits/squad, and a realistic career mode.

Been incredibly lucky, because of Rivals I packed Griezmann, Militao en Diani.

Now running a 442 with;

Oblak, Carvajal, Militao, Rudiger, Bacha, Frenkie, Camavinga, Diani, Rodrygo, Griezmann, Nico Williams.

Can't remember ever having such a team even before Fut Champions has started. The next realistic improvements would be Valverde/Bellingham/Vinicius/Courtois or icons.

But playing at least 15 games every week for Rivals seems just far too much. Also in Division 3 now, so would be tough matches.

Thread is predictable every year. Announcement, everyone says how shit it is, game comes out, people complain about the gameplay, people find dogshit things in career mode, usual people leave and the thread is thereafter purely bumped by people going “got Johan cruyff in my team - running a 4231 with Makelele in the pivot. Just 19 more weekend games to go til another pack”

Thread is predictable every year. Announcement, everyone says how shit it is, game comes out, people complain about the gameplay, people find dogshit things in career mode, usual people leave and the thread is thereafter purely bumped by people going “got Johan cruyff in my team - running a 4231 with Makelele in the pivot. Just 19 more weekend games to go til another pack”
Yeah but this year I can make funny edits to the thread title

only played the trial, my 10 hours have since run out. I was semi tempted to splash out for the game, but then remembered how frustratingly shit it can be most of the time. I also refuse to spend money on points so end up way behind the curve.

Got a Decent enough Prem side, La Liga Side, Prem / La Liga Hybrid and a United team, and a ton of other cards I'll only ever put in to SBCs

I think the 10 hours was enough to satisfy my appetite

Career mode this year has an option to turn off player search. It means you have to scout in order to sign players which makes it infinitely more fun.

Until it bugs out at least, which it has in my save so i've lost all my scout reports.

Anyone tried the 5v5 mode? Think it's a great fun when you get matched with decent team mates.

Played the game for a bit now. Actually think the attacking side of the game is pretty decent and don’t particularly have any issues with the gameplay there. Off the ball is still a problem with it being a very stressful pattern in the game. I still wish that the defensive part of the game was less demanding.

Played the game for a bit now. Actually think the attacking side of the game is pretty decent and don’t particularly have any issues with the gameplay there. Off the ball is still a problem with it being a very stressful pattern in the game. I still wish that the defensive part of the game was less demanding.
Get him @Solius

Almost bought and downloaded this today as I've had a free night when I could get some gametime in.

Went on twitter and saw everyone is in a queue to get online

Even though I'm a negotiating master, the game is basically the same as it was 3-4 years ago.

I'm enjoying it because I haven't played for so long. It'll wear off in a month or 2.

Almost bought and downloaded this today as I've had a free night when I could get some gametime in.

Went on twitter and saw everyone is in a queue to get online

There's a 10 hour trial if you sign up to a month of ea play. Not free but maybe a good way of trying it if you've got a rare free night?

There's a 10 hour trial if you sign up to a month of ea play. Not free but maybe a good way of trying it if you've got a rare free night?
Yeah I might just do that, I'm working the next 4 days now anyway so won't have time until Wednesday so might give it a shot then

Started playing last night, got a team rated about 78 and trying to grind some wins in div 5. I've noticed you barely get any packs or coins like you used to early doors, so I'm wondering what people are doing to improve their teams? I'm playing against people with 90 rated players.

I doubt I've much in my club to be doing any SBCs either.

Started playing last night, got a team rated about 78 and trying to grind some wins in div 5. I've noticed you barely get any packs or coins like you used to early doors, so I'm wondering what people are doing to improve their teams? I'm playing against people with 90 rated players.

I doubt I've much in my club to be doing any SBCs either.

Spending a fortune most likely

Spending a fortune most likely

Sometimes the game shows you the amount of goals of the opponent's top scorer. Played against one guy who already had 300 goals. I mean, what the feck? The game wasn't even released

Argos have it for £54.99. That seems cheap. PS store it's £70, Game has it for £65.

I've bit the bullet and bought it. Know if I spend 10 hours on the trial I'll want to carry on, and I'll get my moneys worth over a couple of weeks at least so if it's crap at least I'll have something to pick up and play when I haven't got long.

They should bring legendary managers to career mode. Would be pretty cool to do a save with Fergie or Busby on the sidelines!

I've bit the bullet and bought it. Know if I spend 10 hours on the trial I'll want to carry on, and I'll get my moneys worth over a couple of weeks at least so if it's crap at least I'll have something to pick up and play when I haven't got long.
I’m not angry I’m just disappointed.

"Daddy, can we eat real food this week?"

"No, kids. Daddy had to buy a game he didn't really want because he has zero self control, and couldn't even be arsed playing the free fecking trial of before wasting his money again. But look at this digital card of Roberto Mancini that I paid a tenner for!"

I bought it for my son's birthday and I must be getting old because just setting up the game takes a fecking eternity. The loading screens seem slow(again might be cos I'm getting old) and then the game itself looks a bit shite? The players make some real jerky awkward movements with bizarre facial expressions :lol:

Anyway, it's appalling this is what we get for a football game these days. At least my son is happy but then again he gets bored after a couple games and turns it off. £55 well spent.

"Daddy, can we eat real food this week?"

"No, kids. Daddy had to buy a game he didn't really want because he has zero self control, and couldn't even be arsed playing the free fecking trial of before wasting his money again. But look at this digital card of Roberto Mancini that I paid a tenner for!"

Should just leave me alone for a while then shouldn't they. Be able to eat all they want then :lol:

Gameplay wise I think it’s an improvement on 24. I only play career mode and I’ve put it on simulation sliders, on legendary. It’s ok for me so far.

The new changes they’ve put are annoying. I like the whole tactics and such - but I hate the coding shit. I had Ugarte sent off, and wanted to change formations - I couldn’t. I had to remove one of mine, and find a code online that had 41212 - which is plain annoying.

Also United’s third kit is annoying not in the game

Gameplay wise I think it’s an improvement on 24. I only play career mode and I’ve put it on simulation sliders, on legendary. It’s ok for me so far.

The new changes they’ve put are annoying. I like the whole tactics and such - but I hate the coding shit. I had Ugarte sent off, and wanted to change formations - I couldn’t. I had to remove one of mine, and find a code online that had 41212 - which is plain annoying.

Also United’s third kit is annoying not in the game

Go left on the tactics screen and you can change formation without a code.

Also, I don't understand why that kit isnt in the game either.

Go left on the tactics screen and you can change formation without a code.

Also, I don't understand why that kit isnt in the game either.

Is that pre match, or during a match? Pre match I can do it without any issues - during a match I wasn’t able to

Is that pre match, or during a match? Pre match I can do it without any issues - during a match I wasn’t able to

Just checked, appears it's only pre match, during the match though you can just change the default tactic by going in and messing about with it anyway. Sure that's what I just did

Really enjoying random disconnects, worldie goals scored past me, my players not knowing how to jump, and every one of my players being aspiring break dancers.

Stopped playing it properly for a few years though I did have it last year (spent at most 4 hours on it so a waste of money)

My main gripe is I am a manual controls player so was really limited to seasons to play online. For Ultimate Team they for some reason could never be bothered to add a control filter. By some miracle, has that been added?

Stopped playing it properly for a few years though I did have it last year (spent at most 4 hours on it so a waste of money)

My main gripe is I am a manual controls player so was really limited to seasons to play online. For Ultimate Team they for some reason could never be bothered to add a control filter. By some miracle, has that been added?

Actually, yes it was added this year, from what I have read.

Actually, yes it was added this year, from what I have read.

Really? Any link or something? When I have time I may do the dreaded shit of looking at some playing UT to see the matchmaking options. Before it used to just be advance, edit team or back. If I didn't see an option for controls then knew it would look for anyone

Really? Any link or something? When I have time I may do the dreaded shit of looking at some playing UT to see the matchmaking options. Before it used to just be advance, edit team or back. If I didn't see an option for controls then knew it would look for anyone
Think it may be in the matchmaking options on UT now, I'll check tonight if I get on