Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasonable option.

It’ll be interesting to see if KdBs return impacts Fodens minutes? Or Alvarez’s (also depends on Ahaland)

If Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish/Doku play, Kdb returns leaves two slots. Once Ahaland back, that leaves one.

Pep roulette was bad enough with a fit squad, returnees just adds more moving parts.

(I have Foden though… have for a while so if minutes drop, hopefully had some benefit)

Yes, Foden does continually draw this question. Would probably only need to rely on him a week or 2 though, which is doable.

Do you mean Salah?
Liverpool are massively likely to be in the EFL cup final week 26. Not sure why Son / Tott would miss that week?
I meant Bowen who might be back after missing one game.

As for Son, they play Chelsea in 26 who will be in the cup final with Liverpool.

Anyway, what we doing with this?

Areola Dubravka
TAA Trippier Gabriel Maguire Lascelles
Salah Son Palmer Saka Luiz
Alvarez Watkins Archer

I need to deal with Salah/Son and ensure a 3rd playing centre back, as Maguire might not be back, and Lascelles is out of the team now. Ideally not using the wildcard.

Salah to Foden and TAA to Estu for -4?

Leaving 11.2m in the bank to either move Archer to Haaland next week, or even Alvarez to him.

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco and anyone else I don't normally cc in but are just as valid to give advice :)

TAA could well miss just one week and it’s safe to assume you will want him back as soon as he is playing.

Can you do Lascelles to Estu and then Salah to Richarlison, for example?

Would that leave you enough money for Alvarez to Haaland next week?

I would be tempted to keep TAA, get rid of a non-starter and do whatever transfer of Salah would let you do the Alvarez - Haaland.

I meant Bowen who might be back after missing one game.

As for Son, they play Chelsea in 26 who will be in the cup final with Liverpool.

Well, this Chelsea could blow it so not a certainty. But yes both could miss another week but Salah much more chance I'd say

Anyway, what we doing with this?

Areola Dubravka
TAA Trippier Gabriel Maguire Lascelles
Salah Son Palmer Saka Luiz
Alvarez Watkins Archer

I need to deal with Salah/Son and ensure a 3rd playing centre back, as Maguire might not be back, and Lascelles is out of the team now. Ideally not using the wildcard.

Salah to Foden and TAA to Estu for -4?

Leaving 11.2m in the bank to either move Archer to Haaland next week, or even Alvarez to him.

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco and anyone else I don't normally cc in but are just as valid to give advice :)
That sounds like a good plan to be fair. Many many people will take a hit. But remember TAA might just miss 1 game.
Are you selling him or keeping him as he might be back for Bournemouth at home and has good fixtures?

I can sell TAA for Estu, or get a mid for either Bowen or Son. I think it's better to sell Son instead as Spurs likely to blank in 26 as well. But I can't find a mid to be confident about. Foden has newcastle away this week, so I am thinking Richarlison is the one to buy but I think either of them can wait for a week rather than taking a -4 now as we will know a lot more next GW.

It means that I have to start Mengi vs Burnley but whatever.
I might as well keep Bowen. His fixtures long term are good.

I can either roll in with no hits, but that means I will play Branthwaite (and Archer if Bowen definitely misses out).

I can take a -4 to do Kabore to Estu but that will make it hard for me to get Salah later.

When is the Egyptian king expected back?

Will wait a week on Haaland to continue to start Solanke, unless it's very clear that Haaland starts this weekend.

I'm rolling one transfer and taking Salah out with the other, just debating on Palmer vs Richarlison. Almost my entire league has Palmer so that would just be a cover move basically.

TAA could well miss just one week and it’s safe to assume you will want him back as soon as he is playing.

I would be tempted to keep TAA, get rid of a non-starter and do whatever transfer of Salah would let you do the Alvarez - Haaland.

That's an interesting alternative.
Will do the numbers post lunch.

Trippier probably needs to go but that can't happen in the circumstances so Lascellss is dead weight and would be the ideal bin off.

Well, this Chelsea could blow it so not a certainty. But yes both could miss another week but Salah much more chance I'd say
I already sold Salah after last deadline but he might have a double in 25 so will need him back. If you have both 100% sell Son first.

Chelsea will beat Boro at home and we will have that info before 22 deadline hence I am thinking of holding off the midfielder transfer till then.

That sounds like a good plan to be fair. Many many people will take a hit. But remember TAA might just miss 1 game.

I might as well keep Bowen. His fixtures long term are good.

I can either roll in with no hits, but that means I will play Branthwaite (and Archer if Bowen definitely misses out).

I can take a -4 to do Kabore to Estu but that will make it hard for me to get Salah later.

When is the Egyptian king expected back?
So exact same situation as me. :lol: I can sell Mengi to Estu as well but I don't want 5 good playing defenders, I already have Porro, Trips, Trent and Gabriel. So I will sell TAA if I have to, but then he might be back soon and has a double in 25 most probably.

No idea about Salah, again something we will know more before 22 as that is ages from now.

Anyone else having ?? about Bowen without Paqueta and Kudus, even if he comes back in GW22?

Checking in...

Regretfully, I've been busy working too much and haven't had the time to visit the Caf.

After a long stretch of bad luck in the first quarter of the season, I struggled with a series of poor captain choices and plagued with players that didn't perform immediately after picking them up. I know I'm not alone with the unfortunate landscape of player pitfalls, especially this week. The good news is, I've been on a 6 week green arrow run of game weeks. Since late November I went from an OR of 3.5M up to 1.4M.

As with most teams, my team is a shambles with all the international competitions and injuries, even though I had dumped Son and Salah, I still have lineup that I wish I could wildcard.

Areola (Vicario)
Tarkowski, Gabriel, Trippier, (Guehi & Kabore)
Saka, Foden, Bowen, Palmer, (Hee Chan)
Saolanke, Alvarez, Watkins

Already burned off my free transfer with Salah - Foden

With 10.6M in the bank, I'm probably going to replace Alvarez with Haaland for GW 22. I don't recall my team value ever being this low, now at 93.6

More than likely, I'm going to sell Bowen for Gross for a -4 and hope for average score.
My captain will be Saka, this week.

Meanwhile I'm stuck with a bunch of players I don't want. I'm just going to be patient and possibly take another -4 next GW to bring in another defender, which I hate doing because defenders rarely offset the -4 hit. In addition to all this mess, West Ham have 7 injuries which is making me feel like Areola needs to go sooner than later, but there's only one more GW this month after this weekend.
On top of all that, we have a list of blanks and double GW's, this further complicates everything when it comes to planning.

Lascelles to Estu and Salah to Richarlison gives me enough to get Haaland in.
Salah to Foden is 0.2m light though.

Do I want Richarlison away to us, then Brentford home etc, not sure.

Garnacho at 4.8m is a cheeky option and gives a bit more interest when we occasionally score.

Allows a little more in the bank for future changes too.
Hmm, much to muse when inevitably wanting Salah back in a month or so.

Garnacho at 4.8m is a cheeky option and gives a bit more interest when we occasionally score.

Keep an eye on Richarlison as he might go wide or play less minutes with that troll Werner at Spurs.

I have one transfer with Salah, Trent and Bowen still in my team.

I can move Trent to Estu, but the former might well be only missing one gameweek.

Alternatively I can shift salah for richarlson but I don't love that move, this GW I think we might be tricky for Spurs so I am not really in a rush.

Any recommendations? I'm starting to think TAA misses more than one GW more I think about it actually..

Keep an eye on Richarlison as he might go wide or play less minutes with that troll Werner at Spurs.
Yes I already have big doubts about him, without that.

Garnacho is an option, but when you have an 80m winger in the background that the manager has specifically chosen from his old club, that's probably dangerous too.

I have one transfer with Salah, Trent and Bowen still in my team.

I can move Trent to Estu, but the former might well be only missing one gameweek.

Alternatively I can shift salah for richarlson but I don't love that move, this GW I think we might be tricky for Spurs so I am not really in a rush.

Any recommendations? I'm starting to think TAA misses more than one GW more I think about it actually..

We bloody HOPE this game week is tricky for them anyway :drool:

His stats are by far and away the best and this is a United that were comfortably beaten by Bournemouth, West Ham and Forest. We are shite.

Brentford have also lost their last 5. I think he is worth a punt!

Yes I already have big doubts about him, without that.

Garnacho is an option, but when you have an 80m winger in the background that the manager has specifically chosen from his old club, that's probably dangerous too.

Arse, Lascelles to Estu and Son to Garnacho to then allow Alvo to Haaland next week is still 0.3m short.
That's off then.

Areola (vs Sheff Utd)

Walker (vs Newcastle)
Coufal (vs Sheff Utd) - yellow flagged.
Gabriel (vs Palace)
Pinnock (vs Nott Forest)

Palmer (vs Fulham)
Saka (vs Palace) - likely Captain.
Foden (vs Newcastle)

Darwin (vs Bournemouth)
Watkins (vs Everton)
Solanke (vs Liverpool)

Bench of Son and Kudus (Asia Cup/AFCON) and Colwill (Fulham).

I've already used by free transfer to get rid of Salah for Palmer.
I have 8 mill in the bank.
I'm chasing my league leader whos 30 or so ahead, albeit he has to deal with managing Bowen, TAA, Salah, Son, Zinchenko (yellow), Foster (yellow).
Chances are he'll be taking a -4 otherwise he risks playing with 9 players.

Is the wisest thing to be happy that I will likely have 11 players playing (with Colwill on bench), or to take a -4 to bring in Estupian for Pinnock?

Dropping both TAA and Salah right now will give trouble later on when we might have a DGW, won't it?

Something like TAA to Estupinan and Salah to Palmer/Jota makes sense right now and it would allow me to go from Solanke or Darwin to Haaland next GW, but I'm reluctant to drop them both given our upcoming fixtures after the Chelsea/Arsenal ones.

Dropping both TAA and Salah right now will give trouble later on when we might have a DGW, won't it?

Something like TAA to Estupinan and Salah to Palmer/Jota makes sense right now and it would allow me to go from Solanke or Darwin to Haaland next GW, but I'm reluctant to drop them both given our upcoming fixtures after the Chelsea/Arsenal ones.

Maybe just do 1 of them, but allow a route to get that player back swiftly.

Think I'm edging towards

This week
  • TAA to Estu
  • Son to Garnacho (-4)
Next week
  • Alvarez to Haaland

That still leaves 4.1m to get TAA back in. If using Trippier, that leaves 2.4m free.
But would also allow Lascelles from 4m to a 4.7m player, or Maguire 4.2m to a 4.9m player.

The Trippier approach would allow either Saka to Son, or have some money banked in prep to work on getting Son back if needed later.

Looks plenty of options here.

Can't be arsed plotting a route to Salah and/or Son post wildcard if I use it now, and I still have Haaland who I'd wildcard out now then likely bring in again next week. Seems pointless.

My team is doing poorly but I'm just going to transfer out Salah and Bowen for Palmer (finally) + whoever (Gross for fixtures?) for a -4. Would bin off Lascelles too but I don't want another hit.

Will make do for a couple of gameweeks then re-jig it all when players come back from internationals.

I have Palmer but despite the hauls, Chelsea are Chelsea and Fulham are such a weird team.

Sama might be it since I don't think Watkins does much against Everton away.

Where's the Gross live coming from? Seen fantasy scout all over him.
Yes Brighton have a nice run but also have a fair few out. And Gross is surely as likely to pop up at right back as at attacking mid?

Pondering Son to Rashy instead of Garnacho...hmm is this just before a Rashy run?

Pondering Son to Rashy instead of Garnacho...hmm is this just before a Rashy run?

United already have massive identity/confidence issues. With the speculation of the winter transfer window upon us, I'm fairly certain it's going to create turmoil in a side that has struggled with lack of cohesion. I'm not touching anyone from Manchester United until at least the end of Feb, at the very soonest.

He is a safe starter in the rotating nightmare that is Brighton i think.
And they have a decent run of fixtures. I think I'll definitely take him over a Gordon and he's a reliable source of points, even if he's no goalscorer.

And they have a decent run of fixtures. I think I'll definitely take him over a Gordon and he's a reliable source of points, even if he's no goalscorer.
Yes, dont have him myself but thinking about it.

Only have one FT left and dont know what to do. Have both Palmer and Sterling and that seems stupid, but cant decide who to take in for Sterling.

Yes, dont have him myself but thinking about it.

Only have one FT left and dont know what to do. Have both Palmer and Sterling and that seems stupid, but cant decide who to take in for Sterling.
Foden, surely if you don't have him and have budget. Otherwise Kulu, or even Douglas Luiz or Neto for a cheaper option.

I like Jota a lot but he's not guaranteed playing time. Richarlison is the opposite of that where he's clueless in front of goal, no matter how many minutes he keeps getting.

The last half a dozen posts illustrate why it's a terrible idea to wildcard.

So many meh options that you'll be wanting them out again in a few weeks.

The last half a dozen posts illustrate why it's a terrible idea to wildcard.

So many meh options that you'll be wanting them out again in a few weeks.
Yeah, crazy to see people wildcarding with Haaland unclear and Son/Salah being uncertain of their return date.

I had my eye on Adingra from Brighton but he's also away to AFCON, so honestly, it's worth taking a few Ls and setting up your team for the last third of the season with the WC in GW25/26.

Status
Not open for further replies.