Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowen injury news is great for my mini league as the leader and the guy behind me both have him and they have to also worry about salah, son and TAA.

Mate. I saw your post and made the same transfer.

I now know how @Dirty Schwein feels. :lol:

It was incredibly dumb and I've done it twice this season with the same player and been punished both times. Unbelievable Jeff.

Really don't want to wildcard.

Could just do Kabore to Estu for a hit which gives me a full playing defence and I still have the money to bring Haaland in for Archer the week after.

4-3-3 formation for the foreseeable though with Bowen and Son on the bench.

Have Bowen as well, so will have to take a big hit to replace all three (with Salah and Son). I stupidly, so so stupidly, spent an extra free transfer on bringing in my sub striker (Archer for Morris) because I didn't realize Son and Salah will be gone by the next gameweek :lol:

Might delay Bowen transfer for next gameweek as have Beyer and Archer who have decent fixtures.

Such a tough one. Still done nothing regarding Salah/Haaland who are sitting in my squad collecting dust right now. Bowen injured too making it more likely I wildcard this week.

Got Zinchenko as well who missed the last league game plus the FA Cup one and have not been able to find any updates. Arsenal linked with a Turkish left back recently. Only one free transfer available.

Going to move Bowen out and bring in Gordon, which is uninspiring.

Bowen probably ends up playing this game week the way it's going

I’ve Bowen TAA and Salah, obviously intended to move Salah and still will.

likely a minus 4 and hold TAA unless it’s more than a month out.

KDB/Foden in and Saka/Bruno possibly, have a feck tonne in the bank from Halaand sale.

Bollocks! Still have Salah, Hwang and Cash to deal with, now Trent out too ffs.

Really don't want to use wildcard but I'm one injury away from being forced into it.

It was incredibly dumb and I've done it twice this season with the same player and been punished both times. Unbelievable Jeff.

Really don't want to wildcard.

Could just do Kabore to Estu for a hit which gives me a full playing defence and I still have the money to bring Haaland in for Archer the week after.

4-3-3 formation for the foreseeable though with Bowen and Son on the bench.
It was super risky but it is what it is. Can't predict stuff like Trwnt getting injured.

The thing for with WC is that I wanna use it either for getting Haaland as I have spread my funds or if Haaland takes more time then getting both him and Salah together.

And then there are blanks and doubles coming up. I thought you wrote today that it's been too easy this season and instantly thought this ain't ending well. :lol:

It was super risky but it is what it is. Can't predict stuff like Trwnt getting injured.

The thing for with WC is that I wanna use it either for getting Haaland as I have spread my funds or if Haaland takes more time then getting both him and Salah together.

And then there are blanks and doubles coming up. I thought you wrote today that it's been too easy this season and instantly thought this ain't ending well. :lol:

Yeah it is what it is. Semi lucky in that my rival for the cash league has Trent to deal with on top of Salah, Son, Diaby, Livramento, Lascelles and Maguire so if anyone needs a wildcard it's him. Does feel like a missed opportunity now to get away from him.

I've just done Estu in for Kabore for -4 and will bench Bowen. Still got the money for Archer to Haaland the week after.

Bus team

Areola
Estu Gabriel Porro Doughty
Palmer Saka Foden
Solanke Watkins Archer

Subs: Dubravka, Trippier, Bowen, Son

How did I go from a fully fit and available team to barely fielding 10 outfield players. FML.

Im having a woeful season, blame myself for not being switched on.

Now I switched on and Trent, Bowen, Salah, Nkunku, Haaland (tried to hold on) means a decent plan on paper (to prepare for Asian and African player absences), is up in flames.

Might as well just smash that wildcard now and see if I can make any headway over next few weeks.

Indeed, the TAA we can deal with although he'll come back for the Chelsea and Arsenal games, so not like the fixtures are favourable.

Bowen being out for a month though is something else. He could miss as many as 4 PL games (or 3 but come back versus Arsenal away) and their fixtures turn sour after. Probably will sell him on Friday to retain value, since I need cash for Foden and he slots in quite well.

Glad I waited on Bowen but still have Salah, Hwang and TAA to deal with - got 2 free transfers at least

What a horrible week for us GW20 WC'ers!
No confirmed Haaland news and Bowen,TAA injured...
We gained exaclty zero edge from the WC.

With Bowen most likely out for the next 2 GWs I might as well accelerate my plan and free up some funds for getting Salah back ahead of time.
I think about going Bowen -> Garnacho:

Pickford (Dubravka)
Estupinan, Gusto, Zinchenko(?) (Porro, TAA)
Saka, Foden, Palmer, Richarlison, Garnacho
Watkins, Alvarez (Solanke)

10,8M ITB

With firm information Haaland starts I might stick with Bowen and go Alvarez -> Haaland instead.
I'll play Porro over Zinch if there's negative leaks regarding Zinch before the deadline.

Thoughts?
Who to captain this week?

What a horrible week for us GW20 WC'ers!
No confirmed Haaland news and Bowen,TAA injured...
We gained exaclty zero edge from the WC.

With Bowen most likely out for the next 2 GWs I might as well accelerate my plan and free up some funds for getting Salah back ahead of time.
I think about going Bowen -> Garnacho:

Pickford (Dubravka)
Estupinan, Gusto, Zinchenko(?) (Porro, TAA)
Saka, Foden, Palmer, Richarlison, Garnacho
Watkins, Alvarez (Solanke)

10,8M ITB

With firm information Haaland starts I might stick with Bowen and go Alvarez -> Haaland instead.
I'll play Porro over Zinch if there's negative leaks regarding Zinch before the deadline.

Thoughts?
Who to captain this week?
I read today that Gusto may have a knock as well...

I wouldn't panic and overreact on Bowen. There's nothing to say it's serious, looks like he may just miss the Sheffield United game in fact which isn't anywhere near as bad as the earlier scare mongering on him. Obviously could do without this during a time when Salah and Son are off and numerous other injuries :lol:

Was deciding how to deal with Son and Salah as it was, with Lascelles not playing now and also Maguire doubtful.
But Trent on top is awkward.

However, with the game week spread over 2 weeks and Trent maybe only missing 1 or 2 league games max maybe a -4 will do it. Will have to see.
Salah to maybe a Foden and a defensive switch. Allows a comfy 11 to be fielded.

Problem with a wildcard is you have to deal with Salah and Son back in later on and it can help set the bench boost up.

Haaland being declared fit does complicate it, although Newcastle away not the best return even in their current form of lack thereof.
But you don't want to do a wildcard without getting hom back in really.

Last edited:
Why anyone would rush to get Bowen in knowing they had another game to play first I do not know.
It's like they've never encountered fantasy footy sod's law before!

Why anyone would rush to get Bowen in knowing they had another game to play first I do not know.
It's like they've never encountered fantasy footy sod's law before!
We were desperate to save that 0.3 swing. It's unfortunate that he got injured in injury time. How ironing.

Anyway, what we doing with this?

Areola Dubravka
TAA Trippier Gabriel Maguire Lascelles
Salah Son Palmer Saka Luiz
Alvarez Watkins Archer

I need to deal with Salah/Son and ensure a 3rd playing centre back, as Maguire might not be back, and Lascelles is out of the team now. Ideally not using the wildcard.

Salah to Foden and TAA to Estu for -4?

Leaving 11.2m in the bank to either move Archer to Haaland next week, or even Alvarez to him.

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco and anyone else I don't normally cc in but are just as valid to give advice :)

Areola Dubravka
Alvarez Watkins Archer

I need to deal with Salah/Son and ensure a 3rd playing centre back, as Maguire might not be back, and Lascelles is out of the team now. Ideally not using the wildcard.

Leaving 11.2m in the bank to either move Archer to Haaland next week, or even Alvarez to him.

@Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco and anyone else I don't normally cc in but are just as valid to give advice :)
About to board another flight. Will check in a bit and see the lay of the land.

We were desperate to save that 0.3 swing. It's unfortunate that he got injured in injury time. How ironing.
Are you selling him or keeping him as he might be back for Bournemouth at home and has good fixtures?

I can sell TAA for Estu, or get a mid for either Bowen or Son. I think it's better to sell Son instead as Spurs likely to blank in 26 as well. But I can't find a mid to be confident about. Foden has newcastle away this week, so I am thinking Richarlison is the one to buy but I think either of them can wait for a week rather than taking a -4 now as we will know a lot more next GW.

It means that I have to start Mengi vs Burnley but whatever.

Areola Dubravka
Alvarez Watkins Archer

Reasonable option.

It’ll be interesting to see if KdBs return impacts Fodens minutes? Or Alvarez’s (also depends on Ahaland)

If Rodri, Bernardo, Grealish/Doku play, Kdb returns leaves two slots. Once Ahaland back, that leaves one.

Pep roulette was bad enough with a fit squad, returnees just adds more moving parts.

(I have Foden though… have for a while so if minutes drop, hopefully had some benefit)

Are you selling him or keeping him as he might be back for Bournemouth at home and has good fixtures?

I can sell TAA for Estu, or get a mid for either Bowen or Son. I think it's better to sell Son instead as Spurs likely to blank in 26 as well. But I can't find a mid to be confident about. Foden has newcastle away this week, so I am thinking Richarlison is the one to buy but I think either of them can wait for a week rather than taking a -4 now as we will know a lot more next GW.

It means that I have to start Mengi vs Burnley but whatever.

Do you mean Salah?
Liverpool are massively likely to be in the EFL cup final week 26. Not sure why Son / Tott would miss that week?

Status
Not open for further replies.