Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
So no one bringing Haaland in already, is it a certainty he's not playing/starting?
There will definitely be a large number of players who bring him in this week. But many will also choose to wait as its a move that probably requires a wildcard or taking a hit or two. Without being certain of him starting that seems risky - I'd rather just wait and see.

There will definitely be a large number of players who bring him in this week. But many will also choose to wait as its a move that probably requires a wildcard or taking a hit or two. Without being certain of him starting that seems risky - I'd rather just wait and see.
I see... I can easily bring him in right now with 2 FT's but can also bring in two others and keep enough money ITB to bring Haaland back next week.

It would be a nice advantage on most others if you already bring him in and he plays significant minutes / returns.

So no one bringing Haaland in already, is it a certainty he's not playing/starting?

Nothing certain, City's press conference about to start now so there could be more info.

Kept him throughout and I'm thinking he'll be on the bench at best but it's just guesswork.

Haaland still out, confirmed. Stones too.

De Bruyne might well start, Grealish in contention following sickness.

Done my -4 transfers.

Palmer or Saka is only call for captain.
Have switched it once.

Palmer definitely takes pens, Saka often does.

Palmer v Fulham, who beat Arsenal, but Arsenal and Saka not in great form. Palace H a good fixture too.
Difficult.

What's the cafe say?

I WC'd 2 GWs ago.

More red flags than my ex.

sf7pOb6.png

Done my -4 transfers.

Palmer or Saka is only call for captain.
Have switched it once.

Palmer definitely takes pens, Saka often does.

Palmer v Fulham, who beat Arsenal, but Arsenal and Saka not in great form. Palace H a good fixture too.
Difficult.

What's the cafe say?

Saka of those two. Fulham aren't anywhere as bad as the cannon fodders Palmer usually hauls against.

But I'm thinking Alvarez again. City striker, plays 90 mins, on pens, KDB back, against a woeful Newcastle defence.

I went with Palmer, but I think that's partly due to me finally signing him this week so he's new and shiny.

Can't split him or Saka otherwise.

Alright @Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson and the rest of the big bollocks squad

Current Team

Areola
Trips, Porro, Gabriel, Mengi
Saka, Palmer, Gordon
Alvarez, Watkins, Solanke

Dubs, Son, TAA, Bowen

OFT, 5.3 ITB

So, having to start Mengi now is making me think if I should take a -4?

My primary thought is to leave this team and make the decision in GW22. It is not about taking a -4, but I worry about committing to the wrong player.

But if I were to take a -4 my options are either doing TAA to Estu, or Son to Richarlison or Garnacho. If I get Foden or Jota it will not allow direct funds to do Alvarez to Haaland next week, hence don't want to add another hit next week if I take one this week.

I think I want to hold on to TAA and getting someone like Richarlison could be okay to be delayed till next week.

So do we hold out and start the Luton defender or dive into a player now and leave the door open for Haaland in 22?

Still wondering here and maybe thinking Watkins might be a shout. But certainly Saka doesn't fill me with confidence from his recent showings.
Palmer seems a bit more central to Chelsea and moves up front at times, and Fulham are usually gash away from home. As are Palace so it's all very tight and can go either way. Palmer has given bigger hauls than Saka including 12, 14, 18 since he's been playing so probably better ceiling.

But this will be the classic week when Saka drops a huge 18 pointer like he did last season when everyone captained Kane in BGW. So feck this game in advance.

Alright @Dirty Schwein @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson and the rest of the big bollocks squad

Current Team

Areola
Saka, Palmer, Gordon

Dubs, Son, TAA, Bowen

OFT, 5.3 ITB

My primary thought is to leave this team and make the decision in GW22. It is not about taking a -4, but I worry about committing to the wrong player.

But if I were to take a -4 my options are either doing TAA to Estu, or Son to Richarlison or Garnacho. If I get Foden or Jota it will not allow direct funds to do Alvarez to Haaland next week, hence don't want to add another hit next week if I take one this week.

I think I want to hold on to TAA and getting someone like Richarlison could be okay to be delayed till next week.

So do we hold out and start the Luton defender or dive into a player now and leave the door open for Haaland in 22?
Luton have kept one clean sheet all season and the only defender worth having is Doughty as he practically plays as a winger and takes most of the set pieces.

Mengi gets forward during corners but you can't bank on a return from him. He will 90% chance get a 2 pointer, especially in a game where both teams will go for the win.

I would personally get Estu but TAA will return soon so maybe go Richarlison. Although where he plays or his minutes might be a risk with Werner in the team.

I can't decide between Saka & Palmer captain. Going Saka as it will give me something to look forward to next week. Chelsea are so hit and miss and may have an eye on the cup. Plus, there's a chance he can get minutes managed with most of their team fit. Saka Will play the full game.

Mengi gets forward during corners but you can't bank on a return from him. He will 90% chance get a 2 pointer, especially in a game where both teams will go for the win.
Yeah I am not expecting anything more than 2 points, so if I take a -4 whoever I bring in should do better than 6 points. Richarlison is a good shout, he allows me direct route to Haaland next week so the only question is do I commit to him now, or wait for next week when we will have a lot more information.

I can't decide between Saka & Palmer captain. Going Saka as it will give me something to look forward to next week. Chelsea are so hit and miss and may have an eye on the cup. Plus, there's a chance he can get minutes managed with most of their team fit. Saka Will play the full game.
I will be surprised if Palmer loses any minutes, he is easily their best player. Saka has blanked a bit too much for my liking and when he returns, it ain't a big one. But yeah if Palmer blanks you are looking at one week of agony while the Saka captainers swing around their dicks.

Current Team

Areola
Saka, Palmer, Gordon

Dubs, Son, TAA, Bowen

OFT, 5.3 ITB

If you can field a definite 11 I'd be tempted to leave it.
However I have put Garnacho in this week and that always gives a United game a bit more fun when you have an attacker.

If you can field a definite 11 I'd be tempted to leave it.
However I have put Garnacho in this week and that always gives a United game a bit more fun when you have an attacker.
That's my thought, the fixtures aren't as attractive as to force move.

I don't mind Garnacho given he's cheap as chips and can just be benched later. And Spurs high line would be good for him like it was vs Villa. But again think it's better to decide what to do with the info next week. If I do bring in a mid it will be Richarlison as he's on pens and playing up front for a top attack.

Ugh that's ugly. Even if he doesn't start he could have a goal and two assists in 30' against Newcastle.

If I transfer him in instead of Palmer then I already have three City players and would need to take a -4 to bring in Haaland next GW. Tough decisions.

Thinking of taking a -4 for selling Son because I don't have a direct route to Haaland next week and might need to take the hit anyway. Decisions, decisions.

I'm torn between not taking a hit because I don't need too (and already puts me 4 points up on 73% of the game!) and taking a -4 to make up for a rather skittish decision last weekend to bring in Palmer for Salah early.

If I had my time again, I'd keep Salah (had a decent amount of value in him) but I expected his price to drop like a stone and its just not happened.

Palmer for Son and Estu for Anderson should have been my play, however I do think I still would have been very tempted by Gross (who I'll now get in for Son for the -4) and reluctantly moved on Bailey.

Kudos if you've kept up with all that nonsense!

DGW for City just means more space for fraudulence from Mr Pep. Last year I got KdB for one of their DGWs and he scored a total of 1 point across both fixtures.

GW 25 is also CL territory, so almost guaranteed rotation

I have son and salah (and Haaland).

I can get rid of both as have 2 tfrs but will have a ton of cash left. Any ideas who to swap for and anyone keeping either of them (given not many games until back… possibly two)?
Son is the easiest sell as you already have Haaland. I think you said you had Foden so I'm not sure where you can go. Maybe an arsenal mid or Richarlison?

DGW for City just means more space for fraudulence from Mr Pep. Last year I got KdB for one of their DGWs and he scored a total of 1 point across both fixtures.

GW 25 is also CL territory, so almost guaranteed rotation
Yep. Been burnt so many times by pep roulette. Usually only has 2-3 “certainties” in Ederson, Rodri, KdB & possibly Haaland. But even then, last season I remember getting burnt by Haaland being rested in a DGW (or pulled early - not sure which one).

Yep. Been burnt so many times by pep roulette. Usually only has 2-3 “certainties” in Ederson, Rodri, KdB & possibly Haaland. But even then, last season I remember getting burnt by Haaland being rested in a DGW (or pulled early - not sure which one).
I think it was that same DGW I got my backside handed to me with KdB and of course I also had him.

I've had a rule since last season when he booted out Cancelo that Haaland is my only City player.

Damn. Have you wildcarded?
I'm down to bare bones with no one available on my bench this week - meanwhile you have the luxury of benching two of my starters!
That said I fancy Porro to pick up something against united.
No wildcard yet, will probably panic and do it before its needed.
Yes it pains me leaving Porro on the bench and might still bring him on, just dont know for who.

My (Man City supporting) mate in the gym today says Haaland won’t play and KdB will but not 90 mins. Im not sure how much credence we can put on him… he is a long term season ticket holder but crap on T-bars.

I mean that's just common sense. Haaland isn't fit and KDB needs to be eased back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.