Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went bold and took a chance on Maguire :nervous: If Onana can do wonders for me, why not him

Worth a punt for the next 2 fixtures as a starter. After that it gets a little more tricky. Some might be able to afford him as squad depth in the long term and for that he'd remain a good choice for as long as he gets playing time.

I went bold and took a chance on Maguire :nervous: If Onana can do wonders for me, why not him
Worth a punt for the next 2 fixtures as a starter. After that it gets a little more tricky. Some might be able to afford him as squad depth in the long term and for that he'd remain a good choice for as long as he gets playing time.
Surely Branthwaite is a better shout? Cheaper and guaranteed 90 minutes from now until the end of the season.

Surely Branthwaite is a better shout? Cheaper and guaranteed 90 minutes from now until the end of the season.

That's who I'll be targeting eventually when I've got a settled squad. Hopefully he doesn't increase in price too much by then.

Probably waiting a few weeks until I can get him, got too many injuries at the moment and am focusing on the starting XI.

Team for now:

Nipples
Trippier, Gabriel, Tsimi/Lascelles (depending on midweek)
Salah, Saka, Son, Mitoma, Adingra
Haaland, Darwin

Possible moves: Roll/Adingra > Gordon/Darwin > Wilson/Nketiah.

Any thoughts?

Team for now:

Nipples
Trippier, Gabriel, Tsimi/Lascelles (depending on midweek)
Salah, Saka, Son, Mitoma, Adingra
Haaland, Darwin

Possible moves: Roll/Adingra > Gordon/Darwin > Wilson/Nketiah.

Any thoughts?

Don't play with Nipples

Gang - would people recommend going Cash, Watkins, Anderson > Trippier, Archer, Diaby for a -8? Incomprehensively haven't had Trippier this season, which is probably why I'm 10th in the ML.

I've been delaying Trippier inclusion for weeks and getting punished.

But I had a look at Newcastle's away CS record this season and it's not good. Not sure it makes a sense to take a penalty to get him in now and even face potentially injury during the international break.

I've had Diaby for weeks but he's inconsistent

But I had a look at Newcastle's away CS record this season and it's not good. Not sure it makes a sense to take a penalty to get him in now and even face potentially injury during the international break.

Cheers bud, sound advice there. Are you on any Arsenal defenders? Tempted to stick Saliba in there and hope for a few cleanies.

Cheers bud, sound advice there. Are you on any Arsenal defenders? Tempted to stick Saliba in there and hope for a few cleanies.
I've had Saliba for ages but benched him for the City game and this week which ended up costing me points.

Defenders seem to be a fool's errand this year unless it's cheap like Maguire (can't believe I'm saying this...). I also had Andersen for the game against us and benched him but he looks a great deal with some good fixtures coming up.

Gang - would people recommend going Cash, Watkins, Anderson > Trippier, Archer, Diaby for a -8? Incomprehensively haven't had Trippier this season, which is probably why I'm 10th in the ML.
Why would you want to bring in Diaby now? He plays Surs, City and Arsenal in the next 5 games.
It is possibly also a little late to jump on the Tripps-train, with 2 away games and Spurs, Chelsea and us in the next 5, so it's not unlikely that his cleansheets dry up. He got 5 points total in the first 4 GWs this season when the run was a bit tough.

So, for a -8 I'd say that is quite a gamble.

I've had Tripps during his good run, and I'm at 3,2M rank, and despite that it's fair to say my season's been a horrorshow so far.

Good to see my early transfer is already paying dividends.

Best 3 to start out of these defenders?

Tsimikas Brentford H
Cash Fulham H
Guehi Everton H
Lascelles Bournemouth A

Bit worried that Tsimikas could get benched again, only to come on and block a clean sheet from someone else.

Cash could potentially do it too as he's had a knock.

I'd probably go with the 3 home ones if it was most likely to keep a CS. Newcastle's squad a bit depleted right now.

4th will come on anyway if Maddison isn't fit.

ffscout had a stat the newcastle are by far the team that let in the fewest chances pr game

Maddison withdrawn from England squad. Who to get in for him then. Don't really fancy Saka now either as he's carrying a knock as well. Got to be Martinelli or Mitoma surely? Thinking Martinelli and then Diaby > Bowen the week after. Also tempted again by Ferguson for -4 (Alvarez out) which would free up the funds to turn Gordon into Mbeumo again after the next 2 fixtures. Decisions decisions...

I have some serious issues with my defense and it looks like I have to take a hit somewhere down the line to "fix" it, but this week my FT will be this:

Foden -> Mitoma (6,5M), Eze (6,1M) or Hwang (5,5M) to free up some money for Salah in double move in before GW14.

Numbers so far this season (From understat):
Mitoma (3G/4A): 0,35xG/90 + 0,21xA/90 - 0,56xG+A/90 - Plays for the best attacking team of the 3, not on penalties, but they have only Chelsea and Arsenal (both away) as really tough fixtures the next 7 games (will WC into GW19)
Eze (1G/2A): 0,31xG/90 + 0,33xA/90 - 0,64xG+A/90 - Talisman for CP, on pens (they haven't got any so far this season), good run of games, but VP play Roy ball which means sitting back a......LOT.
Hwang (6G/2A): 0,42xG/90 + 0,27xA/90 - 0,69xG+A/90 (Same as Saka including pens) - Finally nailed in the team, could be talisman now that Neto is out, has a good run of fixtures (Spurs defense is a trainwreck this GW). Negative is that Wolves looked horrible against SHU in the weekend.

I will not buy any Brentford players before GW18

Who do I go for this GW?

Team before transfer:

Johnstone (Turner)
Tripps, Cash, Tsimikas (!!??) (Al-Dakhil and Lamptey - Horrible bench)
Saka, Bruno, Gordon, Foden (Maddison)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Darwin

Will most likely roll transfer nest GW and do Bruno & Maddison -> Salah & Palmer/Hwang into GW14, and hope I have 3 playing defenders...

I have some serious issues with my defense and it looks like I have to take a hit somewhere down the line to "fix" it, but this week my FT will be this:

Foden -> Mitoma (6,5M), Eze (6,1M) or Hwang (5,5M) to free up some money for Salah in double move in before GW14.

Numbers so far this season (From understat):
Mitoma (3G/4A): 0,35xG/90 + 0,21xA/90 - 0,56xG+A/90 - Plays for the best attacking team of the 3, not on penalties, but they have only Chelsea and Arsenal (both away) as really tough fixtures the next 7 games (will WC into GW19)
Eze (1G/2A): 0,31xG/90 + 0,33xA/90 - 0,64xG+A/90 - Talisman for CP, on pens (they haven't got any so far this season), good run of games, but VP play Roy ball which means sitting back a......LOT.
Hwang (6G/2A): 0,42xG/90 + 0,27xA/90 - 0,69xG+A/90 (Same as Saka including pens) - Finally nailed in the team, could be talisman now that Neto is out, has a good run of fixtures (Spurs defense is a trainwreck this GW). Negative is that Wolves looked horrible against SHU in the weekend.

I will not buy any Brentford players before GW18

Who do I go for this GW?

Team before transfer:

Johnstone (Turner)
Tripps, Cash, Tsimikas (!!??) (Al-Dakhil and Lamptey - Horrible bench)
Saka, Bruno, Gordon, Foden (Maddison)
Haaland (C), Watkins, Darwin

Will most likely roll transfer nest GW and do Bruno & Maddison -> Salah & Palmer/Hwang into GW14, and hope I have 3 playing defenders...

Mitoma from them. Not considering any West Ham? Bowen and Kudus maybe?

Best 3 to start out of these defenders?

Tsimikas Brentford H
Cash Fulham H
Guehi Everton H
Lascelles Bournemouth A

Bit worried that Tsimikas could get benched again, only to come on and block a clean sheet from someone else.

Cash could potentially do it too as he's had a knock.

I'd probably go with the 3 home ones if it was most likely to keep a CS. Newcastle's squad a bit depleted right now.

4th will come on anyway if Maddison isn't fit.

Same which is why I'm benching him.

Mitoma from them. Not considering any West Ham? Bowen and Kudus maybe?
Thanks!
West Hams fixtures are fantastic, but Bowen is too expensive (I need to free up at least 1M with the transfer) and Kudus' numbers are just too bad ( 0,28xG/90 + 0,06xA/90 - 0,34xG+A/90)

Yeah I really want Bowen in next gw so Martinelli for Maddison will be my transfer this week. Bowen. Son, Gordon in midfield and all potentially playing OOP.

Areola
Cash Gabriel Trippier
Martinelli Gordon Son Salah Diaby
Haaland Alvarez

Subs: Leno, Tsmikas, Archer, Kabore

Salah captain at moment.

Last edited:
Need to get doku in. Anyone tempted to get rid of haaland to get salah in?

Why not have them all?

gw12fpl.png

Yeah I really want Bowen in next gw so Martinelli for Maddison will be my transfer this week. Bowen. Son, Gordon in midfield and all potentially playing OOP.

Areola
Cash Gabriel Trippier
Martinelli Gordon Son Salah Diaby
Haaland Alvarez

Subs: Leno, Tsmikas, Archer, Kabore

Salah captain at moment.
Good point. Unfortunately I don't have any easy roads to Son and Bowen myself right now.
If I had Salah I think I'd give him the armband too. I don't, so I'll go differential with Haaland ;)

It'll be exiting to see how Spurs look with their B-defense going forward, that Chelsea game can potentially have been the start of a huge form dip for them.
I think I'll end up benching Maddo this round, as I don't think Wolves away is a good fixture for them right now.

Is it worth taking a points hit to remove Maddison and VDV? I'm worried their values will drop now.

Sounds like Maddison injury is a bad one. 1-3 months ligament damage so he has to go if you have him. Will have a close eye on Son now this week as well because Maddison was creating a lot for that team.

Not sure who to move to from Maddison.

Bruno sort of makes the most sense but can't bring myself to do it.

Not sure who to move to from Maddison.

Bruno sort of makes the most sense but can't bring myself to do it.
I hopped to Gordon. Was either him or Doku for me but he's been pretty consistent and is cheap as chips.

Is Douglas Luiz good to hold?

Is Kabore against us a better option than Tsimikas against Brentford?

Status
Not open for further replies.