Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finished slightly better than 9,000,000th thanks to me deciding it was a clever idea to drop that enormous Nazi robot twat. Fk my fkn life.

Need to bring Salah in, but it means I need to get rid of either Maddison or Son (along with Luiz Diaz, which makes sense regardless of his unfortunate situation).

I'm bottom of my mini league and as a point of principle have decided it's a hill I'm going to die on this year. He's not coming back in for the rest of the season. Yep, I'm going to crash and burn HARD but I was giving it such a biggun the other week to my friends about how it's the smart call that I can't backtrack now.

This is the meaning of the word “Honour” - in all it’s stupid glory :lol:

I'm bottom of my mini league and as a point of principle have decided it's a hill I'm going to die on this year. He's not coming back in for the rest of the season. Yep, I'm going to crash and burn HARD but I was giving it such a biggun the other week to my friends about how it's the smart call that I can't backtrack now.
Only losers would backtrack now. Stick to your guns and ignore the haters.

Got every decision wrong this GW and ended on a nightmare 49 points. Dropped 1,2M places.....
Concidering rolling a transfer this week and prepare for getting Salah in for GW14.
I don't think I'll move Maddison in for Mitoma this GW after after all (original plan). If anything, I might go Lamptey -> Maguire.

Team going into GW11:

Johnstone (Turner)
Cash, Tsimikas, Tripps (Lamptey, Al-Dakhil) (Maguire might start ahead of Tripps if I go for him now)
Saka, Maddison, Bruno, Foden (Gordon)
Haaland (C), Alvarez, Watkins

GW12: Lamptey->Maguire/Gabriel and Foden->Mitoma
GW13: Roll
GW14: Maddison->Palmer (or other 5,5 - mid) and Bruno -> Salah

Will deadend my team into GW18 blank and WC GW19.

Thoughts?

Big mistake this week (Haaland+Foden > Watkins+Salah), especially since I captained Watkins.

I knew there would be bad weeks losing Haaland though, and they were more likely this week and next. I have to ride the 5 week plan.

Alvarez will get closer to Haaland's points in future weeks. My more expensive midfielders (allowed by no Haaland) will also do better in future weeks. So I'm holding strong.

May get worse, but can't backtrack after one week. No need to panic and hit the WC yet.

For a -4

Areola, Flekken
Cash, Trippier, Tsimikas, Udogie, Kabore
Saka, Bowen, Son, Maddison, Diaby
Haaland, Alvarez, Archer

to

Areola, Flekken
Cash, Burn, Tsimikas, Udogie, Kabore
Saka, Bowen, Son, Salah, Diaby (Change to Gordon or Hee Chan or Douglas Luiz)
Haaland, Alvarez, Archer

Is it worth it? And whom should Diaby be changed to?

Edit: On second thought, any better options than Trippier to Burn?
Any thoughts?

Got Salah in for -4 and really happy with my team now.

Ederson
Udogie, Estupinian, Digne
Salah, Saka, Son, Bowen, Gordon
Haaland, Alvarez

Subs: Areola, Branthwaite, Kabore, Archer

Gives me the opportunity to roll next GW and then drop Ederson to Turner and use the £1.7 left over to upgrade a defender or put out any new fires.

Gonna sit back and relax now.

It's good. Dunno if you need Burn as Newcastle fixtures aren't great. But if that's the only way to facilitate then all good.

Prefer Luiz to Hwang.
Thanks.
If I pick Luiz, then I have about 5m to get a defender in for Trippier replacement. Not sure if getting Gabriel is any better. Andersen?? Anyone else?

Gone Neto to Gordon. Quite boring!

Of the alternatives I feared Hwang's form dropping off if Neto is out. Palmer has tough fixtures but is one to consider in a few weeks for me.

Needed to do it before Neto price drop.

Edit: Digne is pissing me off, bringing in Tsimikas too.

Areola
Cash, Tsimikas, Van de Ven
Gordon, Son, Salah, Maddison, Mbeumo
Watkins, Haaland,

Turner, Lascelles, Kabore, Archer

Last edited:
Big mistake this week (Haaland+Foden > Watkins+Salah), especially since I captained Watkins.

I knew there would be bad weeks losing Haaland though, and they were more likely this week and next. I have to ride the 5 week plan.

Alvarez will get closer to Haaland's points in future weeks. My more expensive midfielders (allowed by no Haaland) will also do better in future weeks. So I'm holding strong.

May get worse, but can't backtrack after one week. No need to panic and hit the WC yet.
I hope you're prepared for a rough ride.

Regarding the bolded part:
Alvarez: 0,35 xG/90 and 0,14xA/90
Haaland: 1,04 xG/90 and 0,09xA/90

Expected points next 4GWs:
Haaland 34
Salah 26 (closest player in the game)
Alvarez 18....
Not even in the most optimistic scenarios will Alvarez score closer to Haaland's points in the future weeks.

Going without the best player in the game will hurt more often than not unfortunately. Same goes for Salah (and to some extent Son) which I don't have unfortunately.
Right now I don't see any way around having both Haaland and Salah in your team and I can't get there before GW14 (not playing my WC yet either). It'll be rough.

I won't jinx Son and Salah, but they both need to slow seriously down the next few GWs :wenger:

Expected points next 4GWs:
Haaland 34
Salah 26 (closest player in the game)
Alvarez 18....

Not even in the most optimistic scenarios will Alvarez score closer to Haaland's points in the future weeks.

Your data suggests Alvarez actually will get closer to Haaland's points in future weeks (you suggest he will get just over half of Haaland's points, this week he got an eighth...).

I'm not expecting Alvarez to match Haaland, I'm hoping that being able to have Son, Salah, Trippier, Saka, Maddison etc... (by not having Haaland) will serve me better in the long run. It may not. But I think it's pretty fair to hope that Haaland doesn't score 8x more points to Alvarez every week...

I still don't think it's a terrible shout. I crashed this week with no Haaland but I don't think he's getting 15 points every week & the idea being you have enough quality with other players to make up for the points you're missing out on without him. Trippier, Watkins, Bowen etc all returning nothing this week despite easy fixtures

On the other hand he could return to his last season form and bang 2/3 in every week in which case yes we're fecked.
Had to sell Neto and by selling Wissa down to Archer, I managed to get Maddison in for Neto.

Next week, Haaland is leaving the team and I'm taking a -4 to get Son in. Saka will then follow for Mbeumo.

Obviously, our terrible performance has me doubting and it may be Salah who has to go but definitely cannot accommodate both without sacrificing great midfield options, especially with Neto gone.

Had to sell Neto and by selling Wissa down to Archer, I managed to get Maddison in for Neto.

Next week, Haaland is leaving the team and I'm taking a -4 to get Son in. Saka will then follow for Mbeumo.

Obviously, our terrible performance has me doubting and it may be Salah who has to go but definitely cannot accommodate both without sacrificing great midfield options, especially with Neto gone.
Good luck with that

Would you guys say Maguire is ahead of Lindelof now? Or will eth always find a a way to play lindelof?

Would you guys say Maguire is ahead of Lindelof now? Or will eth always find a a way to play lindelof?

I think Maguire’s been better lately, but I’d look at who Ten Hag has started next to Varane earlier - my guess is that it’s Lindelof.

I wouldn’t be safe owning neither. My money would be on Maguire, but probably only by a margin.

GW 13 might be fun! A lot of teams with popular assets going up against each other.

City v Liverpool
Newcastle v Chelsea
Brentford v Arsenal
Spurs v Villa

I'd better start planning this already.

Got Haaland, Tsimikas, Lascelles, Gordon, Mbeumo, Son, Maddison, Van de Ven, Cash (2 yellow from suspension) and Watkins

Don't really want to field Cash or Tsimikas in those games. I'd be more comfortable with home team defenders.

Last edited:
GW 13 might be fun! A lot of teams with popular assets going up against each other.

City v Liverpool
Newcastle v Chelsea
Brentford v Arsenal
Spurs v Villa

I'd better start planning this already.

Got Haaland, Tsimikas, Lascelles, Gordon, Mbeumo, Son, Maddison, Van de Ven, Cash (1 yellow from suspension) and Watkins

Don't really want to field Cash or Tsimikas in those games. I'd be more comfortable with home team defenders.

Yeah everyone will be in the same boat there. No biggie. I'll field Trippier, Gabriel and Cash. Leno or Areola is a tricky one.

Does Alvarez to Nunez make any sence now or next GW?
I will also do Foden -> Mitoma next GW

Plan is to deadend my team into GW18 and WC when City and Brentford blanks and Arsenal faces Liverpool. I think should be possible to take advantage of a WC going into GW 19 with some fixture swings and a double for City/Brentford coming up.

Last edited:
Holding strong with no transfers.

Johnstone
Saliba Trippier Cash
Salah (C) Saka Maddison Son Bowen
Alvarez Watkins

If I get hurt this week I may end up being tempted by the Wildcard, even though I really like the team.

I am most likely going to roll but considering Watkins to Darwin.
That is tempting too, but I have too much value stacked in him, so he's a longterm hold for me. Besides he (Watkins) faces SHU at home in GW18, when City/Brentford blanks. So it will have to be Alvarez who must go if any for me:

If we think Nunez is starting it should be a nobrainer:

Per 90 stats so far this season

Nunez:
0,84 xG/90 - 0,86 goals/90
0,32 xA/90 - 0,64 assists/90
1,16 xGi/90 - 1,50 goals+assists/90

Alverez:
0,33 xG/90 - 0,43 goals/90
0,13 xA/90 - 0,32 assists/90
0,46 xGi/90 - 0,75 goals+assists/90

Alvarez next 4 after Bournemouth: CHE (A), LIV (H), TOT (H) and AVL (A)
Nunez next 4 after Luton: BRE (H), MCI (A), FUL (H) and SHU (A)

Big question is if he's going to start most of those games.

That is tempting too, but I have too much value stacked in him, so he's a longterm hold for me. Besides he (Watkins) faces SHU at home in GW18, when City/Brentford blanks. So it will have to be Alvarez who must go if any for me:

If we think Nunez is starting it should be a nobrainer:

Nunez:

Alverez:

Alvarez next 4 after Bournemouth: CHE (A), LIV (H), TOT (H) and AVL (A)
Nunez next 4 after Luton: BRE (H), MCI (A), FUL (H) and SHU (A)

Big question is if he's going to start most of those games.
Can you please add Watkins in that comparison.

Can you please add Watkins in that comparison.
Sure

Nunez:

Alverez:

Watkins:
0,51 xG/90 - 0,52 goals/90
0,27 xA/90 - 0,52 assists/90
0,77 xGi/90 - 1,04 goals+assists/90

These stats doesn’t include FPL assists (winning penalties and passes/shots that leads to own goals)

Last edited:
Sure

Nunez:

Alverez:

Watkins:
0,51 xG/90 - 0,52 goals/90
0,27 xA/90 - 0,52 assists/90
0,77 xGi/90 - 1,04 goals+assists/90

These stats doesn’t include FPL assists (winning penalties and passes/shots thst
Yeah Darwin stats are still better and has better fixtures coming up as compared to Watkins. Just need to be sure he starts because Watkins surely does.

Yeah Darwin stats are still better and has better fixtures coming up as compared to Watkins. Just need to be sure he starts because Watkins surely does.
You take the risk of odd benchings from Darwin but he should be more explosive. Liverpool fixtures are great, Villa fixtures are only good for short term. City are fixture proof so Alvarez can't be ignored. Just pick one and stick. I'm on Alvarez only because I had other fires but he's been fine.

I've taken a -4 this week already. My defence looks absolutely fecked :lol:

Do I take a further hit to do a transfer?

Current defence: Udogie, Estupinian, Digne, Branthwaite, Kabore

I can easily do Udogie for Tsimikas but it would end up as a -8 for the week... or do I play Udogie, Estu and Digne and hope Branthwaite and Kabore can cover Udogie and Estu as they are likely injured?

@Moby @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @AnyoneElse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.