Fantasy Premier League 22/23

103 points looks insane this week. I caught up greatly in all my leagues.

97 points, no hits and barely moved! A bit disappointed at that part!

Without Martinelli's magic would have been battered this week.

Nketiah is a headache. Great fixture but not going well. Jesus back soonish too.

I was worried it would be a lot worse but a smallish red after 80-4.

I get the appeal of a WC now even for me who didn't load up on Liverpool as the upsets have reduced the number of teams doubling in 34 but what's the big benefit of WC in 26 over 27? For someone like me who only has two Liverpool and will sell one of them for Toney anyway who is the main guy you want this week.

I'm definitely WCing this week. I'd rather have Estupinian and March that Dunk and Mitoma, but the former both have yellow flags, so I will hope for some early news about their fitness.

A free hit and still only 83 points.

Feel so stupid not going for Zinchenko, never thought Arsenal would get two clean sheets over the weekend given their poor defensive performances lately.

Martinelli is a right pain in the ****

Chose Saka over him at the start of the season and eventually I had to bring him in ... allbeit a bit late.

Bring him in and his form dips whilst Saka finds his groove,

Get rid of Martinelli and the bugger starts firing again.

Martinelli is a right pain in the ****

Chose Saka over him at the start of the season and eventually I had to bring him in ... allbeit a bit late.

Bring him in and his form dips whilst Saka finds his groove,

Get rid of Martinelli and the bugger starts firing again.

Keep up the top work chief

Is now a good time to WC or hold out until the international break in March? I want to get rid of Tarkowski, Bazunu, Andreas, Bueno, Mahrez, Salah and Nketiah but unsure when the best time to pull the trigger should be.

Current side:

Sanchez
White, Tarkowski, Shaw
Mahrez, Rashford, Saka, Salah
Nketiah, Haaland, Kane​

Bench: Bazunu, Andreas, Bueno, Trippier

I was so committed to the FH28/WC33/BB34 strategy but the cup has destabilised things significantly.

It also seems like a long time to wait to extinguish some of the fires in the team now 34 is a smaller DGW.

Thinking of pulling the trigger in GW27 and boosting in 29 is the way forwards now!

As of now this is the squad:

Kepa Ward
Trippier, Mings, Tarko, Ake, Patters
Salah, Saka, Rashford, Ode, Mahrez
Haaland, Darwin, Nketiah

If I do a FT it will be Darwin to Toney. Given I will play the arsenal trio vs bournemouth, Rashford, Haaland and Toney, leaves benching one of Mahrez and Salah. If I get the early team news for City and that Mahrez is starting, I'll end up benching Salah. :lol:

Any other ideas? @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @others

I think I am inching closer to a WC which is a bit meh as I am not loaded up on Liverpool players, and can field a team for 28 pretty easily. But for me the fact that 29 looks like the clear best option for BB now seems to be a big reason to get the squad for it now.

I was so committed to the FH28/WC33/BB34 strategy but the cup has destabilised things significantly.

It also seems like a long time to wait to extinguish some of the fires in the team now 34 is a smaller DGW.

Thinking of pulling the trigger in GW27 and boosting in 29 is the way forwards now!
Yeah, same thoughts here. 34 looks a bit meh now and can be managed with a FH which you can save now with a WC.

If I do a FT it will be Darwin to Toney.

I think I am inching closer to a WC which is a bit meh as I am not loaded up on Liverpool players, and can field a team for 28 pretty easily. But for me the fact that 29 looks like the clear best option for BB now seems to be a big reason to get the squad for it now.

Get Toney in and WC next week or even in 28?

Closer to the BB the better in my humble opinion.

Can finally look back at GW25. A horrible 82 pointer with -12 (70 net) meant a big red arrow. My bet on Leeds to give Fulham problems in the FA-cup failed as well, so we're probably looking at a FH in GW28 as I ended up with only 6 players for that round after the FA cup games. Let's see what we can do the next couple of GWs. This is the team for next round:

Kepa (Ward)
TAA, Badiashile, Mee (Trippier, Bueno)
Salah, Rashford, Saka, Odegaard, Mitoma
Haaland, Darwin (Nketiah)
0,5M ITB

Will determine the road forward next week.

Kepa Ward
Haaland, Darwin, Nketiah

If I do a FT it will be Darwin to Toney. Given I will play the arsenal trio vs bournemouth, Rashford, Haaland and Toney, leaves benching one of Mahrez and Salah. If I get the early team news for City and that Mahrez is starting, I'll end up benching Salah. :lol:

So you think Darwin could be a good differential against Bournemouth?

Kepa Ward
Haaland, Darwin, Nketiah

I did Darwin to Toney earlier in the week. Maybe a bit hasty as it now looks like Nketiah to Toney might have been wiser for this week at least. He's going to come off the bench again isn't he.

Anyway, don't ask me I'm still recovering from the trauma of taking out Martinelli on the exact week he registers the biggest game week score of the season. Like I said if I'd followed my gut and just done VVD and Salah in for Perisic and KDB I'd be on a 100 point gw and still have my wildcard. :(

I did Darwin to Toney earlier in the week. Maybe a bit hasty as it now looks like Nketiah to Toney might have been wiser for this week at least. He's going to come off the bench again isn't he.

Anyway, don't ask me I'm still recovering from the trauma of taking out Martinelli on the exact week he registers the biggest game week score of the season. Like I said if I'd followed my gut and just done VVD and Salah in for Perisic and KDB I'd be on a 100 point gw and still have my wildcard. :(
Haha can't dwell too much on that. With these doubles there will be some crazy swings time to time. I kept Mahrez and sold Andreas. Had I sold Mahrez I would have gotten TAA over Tarko which was a 10 plus point swing. And if I was gonna WC it wouldn't have mattered having extra Liverpool player. But I wanted to have to flexibility to save my WC for later and we didn't know the fa cup upsets will happen so now WC seems to make more sense now. Except that it looks rather shite with 6 morons from Brentford and Brighton. I'm okay with Toney but never trusted Brighton players and never will. :lol:

Silly question, I have my regular one free transfer for this GW, but if I activate the WC chip for this gameweek, how many free transfers would I have in time for GW 28 ? Or simply, does the use of a WC chip affects free transfer per GW by any means ?

I'm very satisfied with the return from my midfield and attacking options but I'm stuck with defenders who are not nailed on or play in *hit defenses, so I want to change that.

I have a blank GW 28 in mind so if I have a couple of accumulated free transfers it would be nice to bring f.e. Watkins in for that game without taking negative points. Thanks.

Silly question, I have my regular one free transfer for this GW, but if I activate the WC chip for this gameweek, how many free transfers would I have in time for GW 28 ? Or simply, does the use of a WC chip affects free transfer per GW by any means ?

I'm very satisfied with the return from my midfield and attacking options but I'm stuck with defenders who are not nailed on or play in *hit defenses, so I want to change that.

I have a blank GW 28 in mind so if I have a couple of accumulated free transfers it would be nice to bring f.e. Watkins in for that game without taking negative points. Thanks.

Not 100% sure what you mean but if you activate it this week you have unlimited free transfers for this week only then you'll go back to 1FT for GW27 and 1FT for GW28 so 2?

Not 100% sure what you mean but if you activate it this week you have unlimited free transfers for this week only then you'll go back to 1FT for GW27 and 1FT for GW28 so 2?

Yes, that was exactly what I'm asking, wasn't 100% sure if future free transfers can be affected by playing a WC now. Thanks a lot and good luck this weekend. :)

Kepa Ward
Haaland, Darwin, Nketiah

Doubt you'll get early City news will you? Let alone be able to quickly do anything to amend your team from it?

Also is it confirmed Toney's decision won't be for ages?

Doubt you'll get early City news will you? Let alone be able to quickly do anything to amend your team from it?

Also is it confirmed Toney's decision won't be for ages?
Ya Toney is safe for now.

If I don't get city news I'll play Salah then.

My main question is do I need to WC that squad right now.

Thinking of hitting WC to:

Raya, Kepa

Trippier, Botman, Zinchenko, Mee, Estupinan

Saka, Martinelli, Rashford, Mitoma, March

Kane, Haaland, Toney

March to Maddison for BGW 28 using 1 FT

6 doublers for DGW 27
10 players for BGW 28
9 doublers for BB chip in DGW 29

Spares a FT and saves the FH to use later,

Thoughts?

I’ve been so off it since the World Cup that I haven’t opened this thread since the 21st of Feb!

What’s the general consensus for 28? Seeing lots of people bringing in Brighton players. Considering all the other blanks that week, I’m assuming FH?

So I've almost settled on selling Haaland for a few weeks.

I want Toney as he has doubles in GW27 and 29 and doesn't blank in 28. My current front line is Haaland, Kane and Ferguson. Haaland and Ferguson both blank in GW28 but Ferguson has DGW's in 27 and 29 too so he has to stay which leaves Haaland as the odd man out as Kane also plays in GW28 thanks to Spurs bottling the FA Cup.

Not sure I'll be able to click confirm on the transfer :lol:

Just made the plan for WC in GW27 with BB in GW29 with no extra transfers in between

GW27 - 5 doublers
GW28 - 11 starting players
GW29 - 13 doublers or 14 if I take a -4 hit

So far satisfied with the team and will do the changes next week

According to FPL Twitter, right fecking now!

Here's the template.

Raya
Kepa
Trippier
Schar
Mee
Dunk
Gabriel
Rashford
Saka
Martinelli
Mitoma
Mac Allister
Kane
Haaland
Toney
Ok then here's my WC team I guess :lol:

Are you doing something similar?

Ok then here's my WC team I guess :lol:

Are you doing something similar?
I'll have a think. I think it's fine going for attacking the coming weeks but I'm mainly questioning how confident are we in these jabronis from Brighton and Brentford actually getting points. And if I can get through the last 10 odd GWs without a WC. But if you feel the coming dgws are the best time to score then yeah that WC template looks good for this GW.