Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Good point. Still think I'd rather go with Kane or Haaland though than Rashford, assuming he doesn't do anything of note against City.
One thing to consider with Kane is that he's on 4 YC and his next game is the last one before the cut off - if he gets a yellow against Arsenal, won't feature against City.

Why not 23? Villa and Arsenal are easier games. My plan was to wait for that but now, thanks to you, i am rethinking it
Many just prefer to use it now rather than wait mainly due to the fact now Haaland is fit and all but certain to start both games, whereas you can't be sure about it in the future. I agree Villa and Arsenal look slightly better on paper, but Spurs are so dire defensively and Manchester derby can always be goals (even if I can't see us conceding more than two).

I'm atm thinking about 23 as well and hoping Rashford stays in form, but there's a chance I put the TC on Haaland already today.

Many just prefer to use it now rather than wait mainly due to the fact now Haaland is fit and all but certain to start both games, whereas you can't be sure about it in the future. I agree Villa and Arsenal look slightly better on paper, but Spurs are so dire defensively and Manchester derby can always be goals (even if I can't see us conceding more than two).

I'm atm thinking about 23 as well and hoping Rashford stays in form, but there's a chance I put the TC on Haaland already today.

I rather put the TC on Rashford, better form and better games.

feck it. I am doing it today. Tc on Haaland.

And hoping that he fails miserably....fecking FPL paradox

Just putting it out there, why not TC Rashford?

In fact why not TC Rashford when we get a tastier DGW? (I am assuming we will but haven't seen the fixtures)

In fact why not TC Rashford when we get a tastier DGW? (I am assuming we will but haven't seen the fixtures)
Yeah, Leeds and Palace look extremely tempting. But i still don't trust him enough for captaincy tbh.

Why not 23? Villa and Arsenal are easier games. My plan was to wait for that but now, thanks to you, i am rethinking it
Fixtures are similar. Two tough away games in both doubles, but Arsenal away is the toughest. However that would be a title decider so could be interesting. Villa and Spurs are home are quite good fixtures, Spurs defense is a bit shite especially through the middle.

But for me it is the fact that he is fully fit, and is likely to play maximum minutes in this double as the games are well spread out as well and there is no other distraction. Later on, it could be that he isn't fully fit or gets subbed off vs Villa early if they are winning given they play Arsenal a couple of days later or whatever else. This is a pretty good chance to play it and with Haaland, it's basically the more minutes he is on the pitch the more chances he gets automatically so just going with the minutes and fitness clarity we have right now.

I've a feeling they could both be cagey low scoring games for City. They've not exactly been rampant in the league lately. I'm leaning towards Rashford for Captain.
Even if it is low scoring you still expect them to score and 90% chance Haaland scores those goals. I don't think Spurs at Etihad is tough anyway. As long as City play to their ability they will score enough and pretty much every single chance falls to Haaland for them.

Good luck with Rashford captain, can be suicidal or a complete masterstroke! No chance I am going to even think about anyone other than Haaland for this GW.

I really dont want to TC Haaland in a Manchester Derby, can't separate my head from heart here, but I won't do it :lol:

The last time I didn't captain Haaland he scored a hatrick...against United. I'm captaining him this week in the hope that it will curse him

Even if it is low scoring you still expect them to score and 90% chance Haaland scores those goals. I don't think Spurs at Etihad is tough anyway. As long as City play to their ability they will score enough and pretty much every single chance falls to Haaland for them.

Good luck with Rashford captain, can be suicidal or a complete masterstroke! No chance I am going to even think about anyone other than Haaland for this GW.

The problem is I gained a lot of ground in some of my leagues last week and I'm leading the work one again so I'm not sure if I should just play it safe and captain Haaaland because that's the most likely option for the guy in second place to take.

I’d love to TC United guy in 23 with CRY and LEE.

Sounds really juicy yes. If being really differential then captain Antony - Leeds and Palace’s left side is the worst in the league according to stats (saw it in a ffscout video I believe)

I’d love to TC United guy in 23 with CRY and LEE.

I thought about that DGW but we have Barcelona matches also around those game so Rashy might get less minutes against weaker teams?

If you TC Rashy this DGW and he fires against $hitty and Palace you will be laughing cause not many will TC him this DGW and your points will matter even more.

This is the toughest year I've ever had in FPL. My team is solid but it's not making up ground or anything. 2 FTs and no idea what to do. Ranked 2 million

Ward
Trippier Cancelo Gabriel
Almiron KDB Saka Rashford
Wilson Haaland Mitro

Sanchez, Andreas, White, Dalot

I read there’s a chance of a triple gameweek for United as well. Although risking being rested on that obviously.

Which defensive team should I invest outside the current top 4? Have 5 million.

Konate, Azpi feels stupid.

Doherty highest ceiling.

Wish I went for Ream from the start for the double.

Reasons to TC Haaland:

- They can't be as bad as they were v Southampton two games in a row.
- These are must win games for City, he's as close to a sure starter for City under Pep as you'll get.
- He'll be so up for these games.
- If he fails, it'll likely mean a decent run of results for us. TC as a means to manage expectations.

I dunno what to do this weekend. I’ve got 3 Utd players and 3 City players in my team so someone’s going to be dropping points. Plus the double game week, do I triple captain Haaland or Rashford?

That happened last season didn't it and it was pointless. Don't think anyone played all 3.

That was a couple of years ago wasn't it? And was quite quirky as we ended up playing Liverpool 2 days before someone else.
Maybe any triple (not sure how there will be one), will be better spaced out?

Reasons to TC Haaland:

- They can't be as bad as they were v Southampton two games in a row.
- These are must win games for City, he's as close to a sure starter for City under Pep as you'll get.
- He'll be so up for these games.
- If he fails, it'll likely mean a decent run of results for us. TC as a means to manage expectations.

What are likely to be better options for a triple captain?
Who would City play in 23, do we know?

What are likely to be better options for a triple captain?
Who would City play in 23, do we know?

Villa (h) and Arsenal (a) - but with less of a gap between those two than this round of fixtures.

Arsenal do have Brentford and City at home that week though, so Saka could be a decent shout for TC.

I'd rule out Kane on the basis of that yellow card risk alone. Look what happened with Mitrovic. Derbies can be quite spicy at the best of times.

Haaland will have crazy EO but Rashford has the form and the better fixture in the second game.

I think it's a sword (Rashford) and shield (Haaland) decision again. I'll probably pick Haaland although my heart obviously really wants to pick Rashford.
Spurs concede many chances through the middle. Haaland might destroy them

Villa (h) and Arsenal (a) - but with less of a gap between those two than this round of fixtures.

Arsenal do have Brentford and City at home that week though, so Saka could be a decent shout for TC.

Wouldn't dare triple Saka!

But it's a toss up which is the better Haaland triple option.
He did smash us at their place of course, but that was away, and much earlier in the Ten Hag regime. We look much better now.

Would only take a goal or 2 in each game and it starts becoming a haul though.

Spurs concede many chances through the middle. Haaland might destroy them

You must have been weeping when Mount 1 pointed it for you as captain last week in a double.

Least you didn't have that happen with a TC in a single with Sterling like I did once.
or Sane in a double :D