Fantasy Premier League 22/23

I’m really liking Martial at this point. I just don’t know if he’ll take penalties over Bruno?

There is a certain Ronaldo in the room you aren’t addressing.

Man I'm beginning to hope he leaves the club somehow. All our attackers are playing so much better without Ronaldo in the side.

Martial scoring a few goals in meaningless friendlies will not be the same Martial who turns up against Brighton in 3 weeks.

I hope I'm wrong but not tempted to bring him in and am staying on the Jesus bandwagon.

Could see Ronaldo starting off the left in place of Rashford. Regardless of Ronaldo who is likely to miss the start of the season anyway, if Martial keeps up this form for the rest of preseason, then I think he would be a gamble worth having until the first wildcard at least.

Could see Ronaldo starting off the left in place of Rashford. Regardless of Ronaldo who is likely to miss the start of the season anyway, if Martial keeps up this form for the rest of preseason, then I think he would be a gamble worth having until the first wildcard at least.
Come on man. He barely presses when he plays up top. There is no way he is going to play on the left and help defend down the wing. Not Pressing up top I can live with. But can’t have a winger not help out his full back.

Anyone getting the ‘Server Error’ message when trying to log in?
Yeh right pisser. I wanted to do some more pointless chopping and changing. Cancelo is getting the number 7 shirt and it's convinced me that I need him in my team (I've got Laporte at the mo).

Please Gents, for the love of God, don't fall into the Martial trap!!!

More important question is if he gets on the actual pitch.
Martial scoring a few goals in meaningless friendlies will not be the same Martial who turns up against Brighton in 3 weeks.

I hope I'm wrong but not tempted to bring him in and am staying on the Jesus bandwagon.
I think Martial will start the season as striker and even Ronaldo does come on I have a strong feeling Martial will switch to the LW and Rashford may go off.. at 7m he’s a great punt to take..

For me it’s either Sancho or Martial or both cuz you just can’t go wrong with those prices in those positions.. Rashford is looking a bit iffy for me cuz I want to see how his form is like going into the season.. I feel like he’ll be one of the first players to get substituted so if he doesn’t do much in 60 mins it’s a risk..

All good midfielders are 8m and Sancho is 7.5 and there’s no good forward in Martials price range either except Jimenez but I feel like United will play much more attacking than Wolves ever do so Martial may be involved in a lot..

I also liked Martinelli a lot instead of Rashford but again I have a feeling he’ll be one of the first to get subbed off and Jesus/Saka will play longer

If Forest sign Lingard I think he goes straight into my team. He should be priced around the 6.0 mark.

Finally made what I (hope) is a finely balanced side in the event Ronaldo leaves:

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Dalot

Salah
Rashford (might consider Eriksen)

Martial
Kane*
Jesus

*Haaland to be subbed after GW1. The bench has Baily from Villa before we look at Andreas for Fulham, so I think its strong.

In the event Ronaldo stays it's:

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Robertson

Salah
Rashford (or Eriksen)
Baily

Jesus
Haaland

^^ So it's basically Robertson vs Martial really. If Ronaldo leaves, the way Martial is operating, it's really tough to ignore him. Sacrificing Robertson might be worth it, tough one.

Leaving aside the risks the come with our players in terms of game time, Ronaldo, form etc. How good do people think our opening fixtures actually are?

Brighton first, who were the 6th best defence in the league last season. Then Brentford who were the 10th/11th. Then Liverpool. Even ignoring that Liverpool fixture, there are maybe ten-ish teams with a better opening two than us from an attack POV?

One United asset max to start the season, I think.

Be interesting to see if Darwin can eventually displace Jesus from everyone's minds.
I mean competition wise Darwin will get less minutes than Jesus cuz there’s Firmino and Jota to come on whereas Jesus will be the main guy

Leaving aside the risks the come with our players in terms of game time, Ronaldo, form etc. How good do people think our opening fixtures actually are?

Brighton first, who were the 6th best defence in the league last season. Then Brentford who were the 10th/11th. Then Liverpool. Even ignoring that Liverpool fixture, there are maybe ten-ish teams with a better opening two than us from an attack POV?

One United asset max to start the season, I think.
Yeah I agree and that one asset is Sancho for me however if Ronaldo doesn’t start then Martial is also a punt worth having for the first few fixtures

I keep doing a team where I love every player, but then telling myself I can’t do without Salah.

Then I tell myself, you can’t risk not having Haaland, and then I tell myself that I can’t risk not having a Spurs player.

I think I would feel uneasy going into the season without, so I might change to threemium and keep an eye on the best 5 mil defenders.

I convinced myself Jesus is going to match Haaland for the opening round of fixtures. Mahrez is my City attacker..

I convinced myself Jesus is going to match Haaland for the opening round of fixtures. Mahrez is my City attacker..

I thought that too, but away to Palace and home to a full strength Leicester (a top 6 team before they had to deal with injuries/Europe) are not exactly easy fixtures. They get easier after that, but I am happy to watch Jesus in those two games.

I think Haaland vs Bournemouth could be a demolition and him announcing his arrival on the scene. I think I am more concerned about missing that!

I thought that too, but away to Palace and home to a full strength Leicester (a top 6 team before they had to deal with injuries/Europe) are not exactly easy fixtures. They get easier after that, but I am happy to watch Jesus in those two games.

I think Haaland vs Bournemouth could be a demolition and him announcing his arrival on the scene. I think I am more concerned about missing that!

Let's wait for the Charity Shield. If Haaland starts that and performs I might be convinced

I'm waiting for the pre seasons to see how it goes with Martial, if Ronaldo stays then at 7.0 he's not near my squad. ETH talking about Ronaldo suggests he'll be first name on the pitch, which is a shame.

Raya

Trent
Chiswell
Dalot
Cancelo

Rashford
Salah
Kulusevski
Guimaraes

Haaland
Jesus

Bench:
Balcombe
Tomiyasu
Andreas
Greenwood

Think that gives me a good spread through the teams. Think it also gives me some easy transfers without playing a wild card. I was trying to get Trippier in there, i think if he stays fit and the fact he takes set pieces and can get a goal from them i think his points will be up there, especially with Newcastle shoring up their defence. The points tally Kulusevski got can't be ignored but i think he'll be replaced by Richarlison so i can get Saka, Sancho, Mount etc in for him or get in Neto/Ramsey and get Perisic or Robertson in defence.

Last edited:
I think Martial will start the season as striker and even Ronaldo does come on I have a strong feeling Martial will switch to the LW and Rashford may go off.. at 7m he’s a great punt to take..

For me it’s either Sancho or Martial or both cuz you just can’t go wrong with those prices in those positions.. Rashford is looking a bit iffy for me cuz I want to see how his form is like going into the season.. I feel like he’ll be one of the first players to get substituted so if he doesn’t do much in 60 mins it’s a risk..

All good midfielders are 8m and Sancho is 7.5 and there’s no good forward in Martials price range either except Jimenez but I feel like United will play much more attacking than Wolves ever do so Martial may be involved in a lot..

I also liked Martinelli a lot instead of Rashford but again I have a feeling he’ll be one of the first to get subbed off and Jesus/Saka will play longer
I agree with this. If anyone gets rotated it will be rashford and not martial.

Finally made what I (hope) is a finely balanced side in the event Ronaldo leaves:

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Dalot

Salah

Martial
Kane*
Jesus

*Haaland to be subbed after GW1. The bench has Baily from Villa before we look at Andreas for Fulham, so I think its strong.

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Robertson

Salah
Rashford (or Eriksen)
Baily

Jesus
Haaland

^^ So it's basically Robertson vs Martial really. If Ronaldo leaves, the way Martial is operating, it's really tough to ignore him. Sacrificing Robertson might be worth it, tough one.

Like the way you think. I've got 2 final drafts at the ready. One draft if Ronaldo stays and another draft if Ronaldo leaves. Ronaldo is essentially the FPL headache here. :rolleyes:

I once went with 3 x United players from the start and chased ever since as they needed to be subbed due to bad performances. Dont do it to yourselves! At max, get 2 and let them be attacking players imo

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Dalot

Salah

Martial
Kane*
Jesus

Mendy

Trent
Laporte
Cancelo
James
Robertson

Salah
Rashford (or Eriksen)
Baily

Jesus
Haaland

if its robbo vs Martial get the stable (and unsympathetic) one imo. One has performed for 3-4 years and has a great schedule, the other has had 3 good games in pre season

B8F394F4-C53C-48E8-8A53-27AFA8B28788.jpg
current team

Thoughts?

if its robbo vs Martial get the stable (and unsympathetic) one imo. One has performed for 3-4 years and has a great schedule, the other has had 3 good games in pre season
You speak sense
B8F394F4-C53C-48E8-8A53-27AFA8B28788.jpg
current team

Thoughts?
Strong side, no Jesus will work if Martial is going to feature. Otherwise you may get burned even with Saka cover? Tough to tell though.

Perisic I am unsure if ready for GW1, but cant really question anywhere else. Ebiowei is a shrewd pick if he impresses Viera early on.

Is a 523 FPL system a bit suicidal or anti template (in a bad way)?

Im just finding little in the 6-7 range for midfield but way more in defence.

Right now I have Martial in my draft, assuming Ronaldo goes. But that means only Salah + Rashford in midfield.

The defence is mostly / all premiums though. No big name excluded there.