Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Almost exact money to do Cancelo and Andreas to Dalot and Mahrez but that gives me a front 8 of Saka Martinelli KDB Mahrez Rashford Darwin Haaland Mitrovic and a massive benching headache. Yay or nay?
Mahrez never start when you expect. He is pure pain.

Last years double just the worst. 1 point in a double.

I wouldn’t bother with the first two transfers. Ederson gets no save points, so it’s a clean sheet or you are done, and Tottenham won’t keep a clean sheet in either of those games.
Ederson the only keeper with two doubles for sure. Save points, bonus, cleans, playing, nailed. Which keeper is better? De gea might be, but may want a third attacker.

Perisic the best attacking defender at least after Trippier and TAA. Noone better long term. Although I know Spurs have been leaky, so have Chelsea and Liverpool. Already got Shaw, Trippier and White.

TAA might be better and I could afford him, but need the money for Ödegaard

Eriksen also on my list...Very interesting option. And I became a fan this season. I will either go for him, Antony or Garnacho in place of Salah.

What will allow me to buy Kane for Mitro.

Looks like triple United a some point of GWs 20-25 will be quite a must considering a potential DGW with Palace and Leeds at home. Rashford and Shaw are the template, I'd happily shift Kepa for DDG already for our upcoming DGW, but perhaps Bruno is the way? So much tinkering with these doubles

I'm bringing Mahrez in for Andreas and will bench Saliba. Maybe he won't start both games but he's playing well and it was either that or roll the transfer so worth a shot, I think.

Leaning towards taking a punt on Garnacho. He might just get 15-45 minutes in each game, but that's also where he seems the most dangerous.

Just not sure on trusting Eriksen, as he's a bit too deep-lying for my taste. City and Arsenal will push us back. Rather take a punt with low risk where I save up money for other transfers.

Then I'm saving Garnacho's spot for maybe Bruno in GW22. (KdB+Garnacho becomes Bruno + Martinelli)

Mahrez is in form but too risky for me.

Even if he does start against us there's always a chance he does nothing, gets hauled off pre 60 mins and then sits out the next game. With KDB and Haaland you know they'll play if fit regardless.

Reckon it could be Foden and Grealish against us again though.

How are people looking for the following gameweek?

If those doubles are confirmed for next week, I currently have 2 Arsenal, 0 Brighton and 0 Liverpool.

This week, I am looking good, but next week I would be wanting Mitoma, Ferguson, Darwin, Salah and a third arsenal.

Free hit seems like an option, but surely there will be better DGW later on and at least one week with too many blanks to cover!

If those doubles are confirmed for next week, I currently have 2 Arsenal, 0 Brighton and 0 Liverpool.

This week, I am looking good, but next week I would be wanting Mitoma, Ferguson, Darwin, Salah and a third arsenal.

Free hit seems like an option, but surely there will be better DGW later on and at least one week with too many blanks to cover!
I think I want March/Mitoma and one Arsenal mid with Martinelli and White. I could go for Salah, but he is so expensive.

Last edited:

2 Arsenal, 0 Brighton and 1 Liverpool. That's why I'm going to roll a transfer.

Targets in that week for me are Odegaard, Mitoma, McAllister, Salah.

Would the Liverpool double be against Chelsea twice?

Surprised Kane still hasn't moved up in value, and at at 30% ownership it's not like he's maxed out.

Will worry about any week 21 doubles next week. Again they seem fairly crap with big teams facing off.

Surprised Kane still hasn't moved up in value, and at at 30% ownership it's not like he's maxed out.

Will worry about any week 21 doubles next week. Again they seem fairly crap with big teams facing off.

Lot of people holding off until Carabao cup games are done probably. I'm one of them.

Double gameweek, I think he's a cert to start both. Every chance of a clean sheet. A goal threat.

As a goal threat, fair enough, he has the potential. I'm dubious there'll be clean sheets though, so why'll I've ditched Cancelo I'm steering clear of City defence for now.

City have 3 clean sheets in their last 10 league games, are letting in just under a goal a game so far, United have only failed to score once in the league since Brentford in August and Spurs have failed to score in their league games in the same period.

Cue two clean sheets and a hat trick for Stones now that I've said all that!

Double gameweek, I think he's a cert to start both. Every chance of a clean sheet. A goal threat.
Would you bet on that? People keep saying different City picks are nailed and I keep having the wrong ones.

I feel if I go Cancelo to Stones I expect Cancelo to start and Stones benched.

I think Ederson is the one for me. I think I need to build the long term squad I want with nailed picks. Last year when I gambled with Mahrez it went so badly.

Would you bet on that? People keep saying different City picks are nailed and I keep having the wrong ones.

I feel if I go Cancelo to Stones I expect Cancelo to start and Stones benched.

I think Ederson is the one for me. I think I need to build the long term squad I want with nailed picks. Last year when I gambled with Mahrez it went so badly.

I can't bring myself to pick Ederson at all, especially if City are leaky at the moment. Rather just have 2 City than him. Get Big Dave in and save half a million.

I'm waiting for any more dgw announcements before the deadline, basing a single (luxury) transfer on that and rolling the other.

Last edited:
Lot of people holding off until Carabao cup games are done probably. I'm one of them.

Makes sense.
With Kane sat on 99.4 and my plan being to the exact 0.1m, I just had to risk early.

Fingers crossed none of my boys do anything mad before then. But if they do, will just have to do a -4.

Would a Wildcard be idiotic at this stage?
I'm second in my ML 45 points behind the Leader.

With a WC I could setup for DGW 20 as well as for DGW21 without the need of taking hits.

Or will there definitely be much better moments during the next 3-4 months to wildcard?

Edit: Came to the conclusion myself, it would be idiotic :lol:

Last edited:

What doubles :nervous: ? I am planning to do Salah to Kdb today.

I'm defending the rank so still keeping it on Haaland most probably, but Rashford captain is a real call now.
I feel like it's too high risk to low reward. If Rashford outscores Haaland (which there's a fairly decent chance he will) it's unlikely to be by a huge margin, whereas I could easily see Haaland getting four more returns than Rashford this GW.

I feel like it's too high risk to low reward. If Rashford outscores Haaland (which there's a fairly decent chance he will) it's unlikely to be by a huge margin, whereas I could easily see Haaland getting four more returns than Rashford this GW.

Why is there a decent chance out of interest?
We've a poor record at home to City, and their other game is Tottenham, who aren't going that well right now? Whereas we have a tricky Palace away, sandwiched in between City and Arsenal games?
Just down to current form?

Why is there a decent chance out of interest?
We've a poor record at home to City, and their other game is Tottenham, who aren't going that well right now? Whereas we have a tricky Palace away, sandwiched in between City and Arsenal games?
Just down to current form?
Yeah, plus Palace are in awful form and Rashford has a decent record against City.

City side tonight is interesting. Suggests Stones, Ake, Akanji and possibly Lewis in defence. KDB, Haaland, Mahrez and Bernardo all on the bench as well.

Lewis would be a steal if he continues starting and everything suggests he is Pep’s flavor of the winter. I’m still itchy to bring Mahrez in seeing him on the bench tonight

City side tonight is interesting. Suggests Stones, Ake, Akanji and possibly Lewis in defence. KDB, Haaland, Mahrez and Bernardo all on the bench as well.

Utd should fancy thay defence, but knowing Pep he'll do something to surprise us all which would be starting Cancelo!

Genuinely starting to just think Lewis in for Patterson might be the sensible thing. Not arsed then if he sits on the bench most weeks for that price as a third expensive City player doesn't seem worth the hassle this season.