Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Yeah, I have Toney and looking to get Mitro in for him in a couple of weeks (tbf the way Spurs are defending and letting teams take shots, he can piss on their parade as well). But Darwin is potentially a game breaker depending on Liverpool getting their midfield and act together. It took him sitting in suspension for 3 matches to drop out of top 5 of total xG in the entire league, in which time he took freaking 8+ shots per 90. Dude is mental for goals. If Salah becomes creator (something that Klopp has said he is looking to do) and Darwin becomes the goal machine, everyone will drop whoever it is for him no question.

Possibly. I jumped on him early and it burned me. Hopefully he can keep that temper of his under control because he's gonna be a target for every defender in the league now after seeing how easily he got himself sent off against Palace.

Don't forget they've got Jota to come in as well.

Yep :lol:

Crazy how 2 mf assists is nearly the same as a st hat trick.

Was thinking it was the decent into a crappy streak, but 7 pts is nothing. Still in top 500k, so that's a promising start.

Just gone -8 to take Salah, Neto, Dias, Ramsdale out and now have:

Sanchez
Estupiñan-TAA-Robertson-Cancelo-James
Diaz-KdB-Martinelli
Jesus-Haaland

.. But I'm dreadful of owning too much Liverpool, so considering wildcarding. Just really don't see any great stable performers in midfield and Kane's "good" fixtures soon stop, so it's a bit of a meh/random dice-roll to wildcard now.

£7.5m I reckon

Edit: Just checked and he is exactly £7.5m :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow. That's low. I thought it wouldn't be less than 8 at the minimum and possibly even more.

Possibly. I jumped on him early and it burned me. Hopefully he can keep that temper of his under control because he's gonna be a target for every defender in the league now after seeing how easily he got himself sent off against Palace.

Don't forget they've got Jota to come in as well.
Yep. He's a loose cannon completely. That will be a big worry. Will probably see if he starts straight away vs Everton. Hope he does and punches that other thundercnut Pickford in the face.

So do we buy Antony? :lol:
I'm tempted, but these are exactly the irrational (United) moves that usually prevent me from winning my mini league.

I'm tempted, but these are exactly the irrational (United) moves that usually prevent me from winning my mini league.
No.

If anything I think he’s expensive at £7.5m.

£6.5m and maybe I’d consider it or at a huge push £7m but until we see him play he’s not worth the risk.

At worst let him play one game then early transfer in if you’re convinced.

Not for me. Can't understand why people here thought he'd be minimum 8m or more, would be one of the most overpriced players in the game if that were the case.

Stats suggest he's overpriced at 7.5m too. 6.5m-7m seems a fair price.

Hmm. Generally big money moves for top 6 sides get overpriced like Pepe coming in for 9m etc.

The prices are broken this year though. They've underpriced most of the popular players by 1-2m.

Very tempting, see how he settles and whether our new and improved (*) style gets him into point scoring situations.

Have a similar priced MFer or forward (maybe Toney) and easy to make the tfr if looks a good move.

(* @Dirty Schwein … watch this space :cool:)

:lol:

Yeah the big 6 team players are getting underpriced. Martinelli at 6m is looking like a joke, he's delivering 7 PPGW.
Martinelli has been an FPL cheat code in terms of cost and returns.

:nono:

I can go off people fyi….
Very tempting, see how he settles and whether our new and improved (*) style gets him into point scoring situations.

Have a similar priced MFer or forward (maybe Toney) and easy to make the tfr if looks a good move.

(* @Dirty Schwein … watch this space :cool:)
:lol:

Yeah the big 6 team players are getting underpriced. Martinelli at 6m is looking like a joke, he's delivering 7 PPGW.
He's the next Neto :lol:

Im top of my leagues by about 15-20 points (still outside top 20 in redcafe :o), im tempted to hit the WC option just to avoid a -8. Is that rational?

Also, Sterling in and Salah out potentially whislt Diaz still in? Or take Diaz out and keep Salah but sacrifice TAA or Cancelo? Any advice appreciated.

Im top of my leagues by about 15-20 points (still outside top 20 in redcafe :o), im tempted to hit the WC option just to avoid a -8. Is that rational?

Also, Sterling in and Salah out potentially whislt Diaz still in? Or take Diaz out and keep Salah but sacrifice TAA or Cancelo? Any advice appreciated.

Wouldn't WC or take the -8 in your situation. Wouldn't be sacrificing Trent or Cancelo either.

Salah situation debatable but wouldn't be dumping him to get Sterling. Nunez in a few weeks on a WC maybe.

Martinelli has been an FPL cheat code in terms of cost and returns.
Yeah but ultimately pointless as everyone could see from the off that he was underpriced at 6mil. Ditto Jesus at 8, TAA at 7.5, cancelo at 7 etc. The prices this year are pretty stupid as @Samid said. You're relying on captaincy coin tosses most weeks to get one over your rivals.

Yeah but ultimately pointless as everyone could see from the off that he was underpriced at 6mil. Ditto Jesus at 8, TAA at 7.5, cancelo at 7 etc. The prices this year are pretty stupid as @Samid said. You're relying on captaincy coin tosses most weeks to get one over your rivals.
August 4th (day before the first fixture), Martinellis ownership was less than 19%.

I remember several chats at the time with other players who said they’d rather use a bit more for Saka and/or Odegaard (captain, certain to play).

What are folks here who have Rodrigo doing this week? Some tempting options to move him to Bernardo (but rotation risk), Zaha (dodgy fixtures), or Gross (slightly underwhelming and not very differential). Couple of Leeds options like Aaronson, Sinisterra, and Harrison, but all a bit punty.

August 4th (day before the first fixture), Martinellis ownership was less than 19%.

I remember several chats at the time with other players who said they’d rather use a bit more for Saka and/or Odegaard (captain, certain to play).
Don't mean everybody literally mate but saying he was grossly underpriced at 6mil which is why he was already in 20p teams before the start and the rest just brought him in once it became even more evident. Broader point being, you really shouldn't be able to build an 11 entirely of top 4/ 6 players, it shows the pricing is off.

What are folks here who have Rodrigo doing this week? Some tempting options to move him to Bernardo (but rotation risk), Zaha (dodgy fixtures), or Gross (slightly underwhelming and not very differential). Couple of Leeds options like Aaronson, Sinisterra, and Harrison, but all a bit punty.
ASM is there as well. Zaha has 4 goals in 4 games with those games being tough and fixtures getting better yet people are still skeptical. Weird. The one he scored this GW was an absolute peach as well. I'm keeping Rodrigo on bench for now and playing Neco, then will see which Leeds attacker to get vs Forest - probably Aaronson or Sini.

Edit: feck Brighton mids

Having owned him from GW1 where again my league which I care about only 1 other person had him has helped me stay top there.

I do agree the prices are silly for some the one thing I do like is making the GKs cheaper. I’ve stuck with Ederson and don’t think I’ll change pretty much all season.

Same. All my friends were saying Martinelli was a pre season trap.

Rodrigo going down tonight. Who to replace with? 1xFT, direct replacement, £7.2m in the bank.
Already have 3x Arse and 3x City
It's between these for me
Zaha 7.1m - in top form but next 3 games (new, MUN, bha) are tough.
Harrison 6.1m - easy switch to another Leeds attacker and bre/NFO next
Saint Maximin 6.5m - currently flagged but Newcastle have some great fixtures
Gross 5.9m - already have Dunk/Sanchez but has looked good so far and decent fixtures

Rodrigo going down tonight. Who to replace with? 1xFT, direct replacement, £7.2m in the bank.
Already have 3x Arse and 3x City
It's between these for me
Zaha 7.1m - in top form but next 3 games (new, MUN, bha) are tough.
Harrison 6.1m - easy switch to another Leeds attacker and bre/NFO next
Saint Maximin 6.5m - currently flagged but Newcastle have some great fixtures
Gross 5.9m - already have Dunk/Sanchez but has looked good so far and decent fixtures

Zaha by a country mile. The rest of those options are gash.

Appreciate the Rashy assist. Really need a goal from him for a real point of difference .