Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Decisions. Do I go Kulu to Diaz/Foden or upgrade Bailey to Gross (to probably take the place of Estupinan in the starting line up)
Surely you give Kulu the Fulham game as a last chance? Then get rid before the City game (I might keep him till Leicester at home).

Glad you had a good week, Moby

91 points for me

Redcafe League 88 up to 32

My transfer this week is Ward to Sanchez
Benching Ramsdale as he plays Manchester United this weekend
Cheers, been a tough start really ever since the Darwin sending off and playing catch up. Needs some luck in the next few weeks.

Quality gw for you there!

Being in Australia is killing me, missed the deadline again, had cap still on Salah

could’ve been worse I guess

My best haul this season so far with 82 points with only Dalot left to play. Rodrigo and James screwed me over but I'll take it as I have been only averaging around 62 until now.

Would have got around the same points last week as well if only I captained Haaland instead of Salah. :annoyed:

Edit : Is Odegaard now injured as well? That's 3 along with Rodrigo and James that are doubtful for next gameweek. Looks like I have to use wildcard.

@Dirty Schwein can breathe easy now. :D
Yeah but I switched Captain from Haaland to Salah last minute but looking at it, it's only a 7 point swing so not exactly crying about it.
Rate this WC @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @ooeat0meoo others

Current Squad

Ramsdale, Ward
Trent, Cucu, Walker, Neco, Patterson
Salah, Martinelli, Kulu, Rodrigo, Andreas
Haaland, Jesus, Toney

WC
Pope, Iverson
Trent, Cancelo, James, Trippier, Neco/Fofana
Sterling, Diaz, Martinelli, Andreas, 4.4
Haaland, Jesus, Darwin
It's decent and different. I would try leave some money in the bank thigh in case you want a second premium.

Ended on 78 which is fine as I had Dunk and captained Salah ahead of Haaland but most people in my league captain Haaland so I didn't lose much ground.

But if I just left my team alone like I was planning to, I would have had 93. So that's quite annoying.

Surely you give Kulu the Fulham game as a last chance? Then get rid before the City game (I might keep him till Leicester at home).

Yeah made the early move for Gros. Likely need my bench this week with Haaland, Perisic and maybe others rotation risks by now so upgraded Bailey. Think Gros will be a good rotation option with Andreas.

Rate this WC

Current Squad

Ramsdale, Ward
Haaland, Jesus, Toney

WC
Pope, Iverson
Haaland, Jesus, Darwin

I'd go Martinez over Pope personally. Brighton a good defence generally and you already have Trippier. Fofana should be a good pick and is on my radar, though it would tempt me to downgrade James to the like of Saliba for Arsenal coverage. Your 4.4m mid could be upgraded then to Gros to make a deeper squad to further manage rotation. I'm not a huge fan of Sterling, never have been for some reason but I imagine he isn't that highly owned so might be worth it as a differential pick. Similarly Darwin who I'd like to bring in too. This week could be a bit early for he and Fofana though

reckon Perisic is a rotation risk in short term?

gonna ship out James this week (wc'ing soon anyway, will get him back most likely)

reckon Perisic is a rotation risk in short term?

gonna ship out James this week (wc'ing soon anyway, will get him back most likely)
He's just played a couple and now mid weeks start so yes he is now a massive rotation risk... But so are most full back options.

He's just played a couple and now mid weeks start so yes he is now a massive rotation risk... But so are most full back options.

Cheers, yeah I thought as much. Might just go for a short-term punt on someone with low ownership instead then.

Ended on 78 which is fine as I had Dunk and captained Salah ahead of Haaland but most people in my league captain Haaland so I didn't lose much ground.

But if I just left my team alone like I was planning to, I would have had 93. So that's quite annoying.

Surely most people captaining a 17 pointer is what would have made you lose ground?

Yeah made the early move for Gros. Likely need my bench this week with Haaland, Perisic and maybe others rotation risks by now so upgraded Bailey. Think Gros will be a good rotation option with Andreas.

I'd go Martinez over Pope personally. Brighton a good defence generally and you already have Trippier.

Assume you meant Sanchez!

What's the current meta around when to WC?

Also, Chelsea's fixtures look pretty nice now. What's the deal with Cucurella / James / Chilwell? Who's the rotation risk for next week?

85pts and doing well for the first few weeks but this happened last year and I was nowhere come Christmas.

Big decision on whether to jump to Kane from Salah and TAA hasn't been great at the price either. I might leave the Liverpool lads another week as I haven't managed to ship out Bailey yet.

Being in Australia is killing me, missed the deadline again, had cap still on Salah

could’ve been worse I guess
You could change your captain at any time in the 3 days between gw starts though… :p

You could change your captain at any time in the 3 days between gw starts though… :p

Yeah of course but the GW just crept up me. Was also flying long haul during that time, and just forgot.

In the end, it was only a 7 point loss, and I lucked out by getting Andreas off the bench for 6 points.

So who do the experts in here think to replace Rodrigo with?

Zaha? Harvey Barnes (good fixtures)? Harrison? Or the Brighton lads (Gross, Trossard)?

Though decision to make until the weekend.

Rate this WC @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Sandikan @CassiusClaymore @Dirty Schwein @ooeat0meoo others

Current Squad

Ramsdale, Ward
Haaland, Jesus, Toney

WC
Pope, Iverson
Haaland, Jesus, Darwin

Just not sure about Darwin now when you have good options in Toney, Mitro and potentially Isaac who could provide more value.

All of my mates captained Haaland but I've still kept pace luckily. Captained Jesus who scored and got good returns from Cancelo, Martinelli, Salah and Andreas.

77 points with Malacia still to play.

Decisions for me this week with 2 free hits are Archer and Odegaard out for 4.5MF and Toney/Mitrovic/Isak. I still have Jesus and Martinelli. Or i take out Salah, who hasn't looked 13m worth of a player and get Kane Haaland Jesus attack.

Haaland (c) plus Salah = 44 points
Salah (c) plus Haaland = 37 points

Only 7 points in it.

It was the way you worded it, saying everyone else captained Haaland so you didn't lose much ground.
Surely it's the fact they captained Haaland that made you lose ground. If they'd captained someone else you wouldn't have lost any?

As much as we don't want it to happen for the real stuff, but we probably need Salah, and maybe others to start hauling, so it's not one of those tedious seasons where everyone just leaves captaincy on one guy every week.

Yep :lol:

Crazy how 2 mf assists is nearly the same as a st hat trick.
It's not though, 7 points is a big difference but yeah, that extra 10 points for his captainers were very lucky.

But that's the whole point of going with xMins, you know your guy can do something in the last minute as well. Which is why people captained Salah so fair play to them.

It was the way you worded it, saying everyone else captained Haaland so you didn't lose much ground.
Surely it's the fact they captained Haaland that made you lose ground. If they'd captained someone else you wouldn't have lost any?
Yeah it was early morning here so I might have worked it wrong. I meant that despite everyone making Haaland captain, I still didn't get left behind because Salah did enough.

Cheers for the help lads.

It's decent and different. I would try leave some money in the bank thigh in case you want a second premium.
Yeah that move will be tricky. I can get KDB/Son etc in one move but Salah will take 2 moves.

I had decided to sell Kulu this GW only (would have been for Gundo or Diaz and both blanked anyway) but James injury meant I had to sell him, so he's staying for now with a home game up next vs a bad defense. Not really sure about Brighton mids especially with Potter as usual changing formation and personnel every game. Gros from set pieces vs Lei and Bou would be good though.

I'd go Martinez over Pope personally. Brighton a good defence generally and you already have Trippier. Fofana should be a good pick and is on my radar, though it would tempt me to downgrade James to the like of Saliba for Arsenal coverage. Your 4.4m mid could be upgraded then to Gros to make a deeper squad to further manage rotation. I'm not a huge fan of Sterling, never have been for some reason but I imagine he isn't that highly owned so might be worth it as a differential pick. Similarly Darwin who I'd like to bring in too. This week could be a bit early for he and Fofana though
I guess you mean Sanchez? Yeah that's an option. As is Ramsdale. Not really arsed about any of these keepers. James now being nailed as wingback should be good and given his ownership I'd be nervous going without him. Yeah Sterling is interesting, he's leading the line for now but they have signed Auba now. So probably wait and watch. Jumping on Darwin early is the main gain of this WC, something that can help me climb up given the way he played before being a massive braindead cnut.

Writing Salah off then? Could be a brave call if he does slip back into form.
The idea is to have 2 out of 3 Liverpool attackers in Diaz and Darwin and leave Salah. Both especially Darwin are going to return in that attack (which anyway is looking a bit shit now) and they are priced at 4 and 5 million less so it depends if you think Salah deserves 5m extra in terms of how much points he will return. And investing that money elsewhere. Biggest issue will be if Salah becomes a popular captain choice which seems to have gone out of the window at least till the world cup.

Just not sure about Darwin now when you have good options in Toney, Mitro and potentially Isaac who could provide more value.
Yeah, I have Toney and looking to get Mitro in for him in a couple of weeks (tbf the way Spurs are defending and letting teams take shots, he can piss on their parade as well). But Darwin is potentially a game breaker depending on Liverpool getting their midfield and act together. It took him sitting in suspension for 3 matches to drop out of top 5 of total xG in the entire league, in which time he took freaking 8+ shots per 90. Dude is mental for goals. If Salah becomes creator (something that Klopp has said he is looking to do) and Darwin becomes the goal machine, everyone will drop whoever it is for him no question.

What's the current meta around when to WC?

Also, Chelsea's fixtures look pretty nice now. What's the deal with Cucurella / James / Chilwell? Who's the rotation risk for next week?

After gameweek 8 during the international break.
Then theres a free wildcard for the World Cup around GW16.

Im not sure about the Chelsea defence currently. Avoid Chilwell, he's not playing. The other 2 are.
Im not getting any of them in again until after the Liverpool match, probably on a wildcard.