Fantasy Premier League 21/22

feck it. Brownhill and Duffy out for Foden and Tierney.

Starting with 9.

Now I'm gonna cool and ignore FPL for a few days.

Given the Aston Villa outbreak and that players have to isolate for 10 days is it? That brings us to the 28th and they play Chelsea and Leeds between now and then.

Obviously some players will have tested positive prior today and may come back sooner.

But I imagine the Chelsea match at least will be very doubtful.

Aren't the league meeting tomorrow to work things out? As 6/10 games are already off surely they'll talk about a break.
Especially as all 6 of those games are fewer than 10days before the next fixtures so surely are all at risk anyway?

Already used free hit, had Watkins and Cash in, might have to go to do a 3 Chelsea players in defence and hope they don’t feck up :lol:

Aren't the league meeting tomorrow to work things out? As 6/10 games are already off surely they'll talk about a break.
Especially as all 6 of those games are fewer than 10days before the next fixtures so surely are all at risk anyway?

The problem with any break in my head is when you look at the football calendar as a whole for 2022.

We already have a number of postponements before Christmas. In 2020 it wasn’t until March that the outbreak occurred.

And then on top of that there is League Cup cup games, Fa cup, AFCON, European competition, 6 Nations league games between June and September and a World Cup in Qatar at the end of the year.

A lot of players have also just had to go through this summer with very little break as well due to Euros and Copa America.

And then rearranging these games will be difficult too especially for teams still in Europe and cup competitions.

I just don’t see how the whole football calendar can fit into 2022 given these postponements, future ones and any potential winter break.

I think somethings going to have to give in the end and hopefully its the Nations League.

The problem with any break in my head is when you look at the football calendar as a whole for 2022.

We already have a number of postponements before Christmas. In 2020 it wasn’t until March that the outbreak occurred.

And then on top of that there is League Cup cup games, Fa cup, AFCON, European competition, 6 Nations league games between June and September and a World Cup in Qatar at the end of the year.

A lot of players have also just had to go through this summer with very little break as well due to Euros and Copa America.

And then rearranging these games will be difficult too especially for teams still in Europe and cup competitions.

I just don’t see how the whole football calendar can fit into 2022 given these postponements, future ones and any potential winter break.

I think somethings going to have to give in the end and hopefully its the Nations League.

African nations Cup surely gets booted.
Very likely any internationals that aren't either a world cup or euro cup.

Ladies and gentlemen, Ollie Watkins.

ll2ore9uta681.png

Wow. Wonder what percentage that is of still active managers?

Roughly 5m active managers. So 20%.

I got him last week so happy for them PTS midweek.

Lacazette and Foden now my moves in. FPL has become a total farce at this point though. No contiengcy plan is a shambles.
Scottish FPL game planned for Covid disruption and did something about it.

Best move at this point is probably a) only bring in players playing in this evening's game, b) make those transfers as late as possible, c) vice-captain someone playing this evening.

Though looking at it closer, Arsenal are playing Norwich next week. Wonder if that game will go ahead?

Is there any point in doing a Free Hit considering games tomorrow may also end up getting called off?

Would be a huge risk, unless you're looking at only field 2-3 players or something. Which with LIverpool, Chelsea, City, Arsenal games on would mean a bizarre squad management!

Wow. Wonder what percentage that is of still active managers?

It was always the key transfer, unless you already had him.
So it's not as big a blow as first thought.

The late doors question is whether to just leave it now, or try a -4 and see if we can get on a haul from someone else.

Best move at this point is probably a) only bring in players playing in this evening's game, b) make those transfers as late as possible, c) vice-captain someone playing this evening.

Though looking at it closer, Arsenal are playing Norwich next week. Wonder if that game will go ahead?

Wonder if any of the games will, if they're having a meeting to discuss it tomorrow.

The only consolation I'm taking in owning Vardy through his repeated price drops and blanks is that anyone I'd have replaced him with wouldn't have done much better.

I can easily bring in Lacazette but the issue is, I don't wanna be stuck with players like him after this week. So I'll roll in with 9.

Feck me, waited till as late as possible, transfered Watkins in at 1230 as it looked safe that the game was on...villa tweeting about 'gameday' etc. Shambles.

I can easily bring in Lacazette but the issue is, I don't wanna be stuck with players like him after this week. So I'll roll in with 9.

Similar thinking, although he would have Norwich next. But Auba is back which complicates that.

Feck me, waited till as late as possible, transfered Watkins in at 1230 as it looked safe that the game was on...villa tweeting about 'gameday' etc. Shambles.

It really is a joke.
The media have been hot on all potential call offs/cases etc, but there wasn't a whisper about this that I saw.

It would be great to know if the rest of the games will definitely be on or not. It’s impossible to play when they make decisions so late.

Similar thinking, although he would have Norwich next. But Auba is back which complicates that.
Norwich have tightened up, Aubamashit will be back and then their fixtures turn bad. Plus I don't want a triple up as I have Ramsdale and Tierney.

Norwich have tightened up, Aubamashit will be back and then their fixtures turn bad. Plus I don't want a triple up as I have Ramsdale and Tierney.

Yep I agree. He's more expensive too.
A hit just feels like it would make the Watkins move an absolute blow out, although he plays Chelsea next.

But I'm certain a lot of players will take hits or end up with tiny amounts of players this week, so no hit and 9 players will have to do.

It's almost like they haven't taken the fantasy football implications into account when making these decisions. Beyond belief.

I’m going to do a -4 on Tierney in the hope he’s a differential in my mini league. Problem is I’m going to a local game now and I’m probably going to forget the deadline. Do I just risk it now…