Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Too many midfielders this year.
That's because of FPL's weird obsession with converting everyone into a midfielder. Now we have too many midfielders. And in this season, the forwards have all been mostly crap. So it is becoming more obvious now.
FPL should start changing midfielders like Salah, Greenwood, Rashford, Jota all back to forwards.

Antonio to Watkins and Dalot to Tierney for a -4?

I’ve only got 7 at the moment, so I think I’ll have to take a hit. I’m worried that I already have ESR and I’m trying to avoid doubling up, but I’m struggling to see any other options.

I think I'll do Duffy and Gallagher to Davies and Foden for a hit.

Duffy is someone I've been looking to ditch for a while and Davies has plenty of DGWs upcoming.

I didn't want to get rid of Gallagher but Foden feels like a must have.
'Pep Guardiola has spoken ahead of this weekend's Premier League trip to Newcastle United.

"Everyone is fit, it’s just Ferran (Torres) missing. Joao (Cancelo) is back after (his suspension against) Leeds and we will travel to Newcastle with everyone ready to play. ... Apart from Foden, I'm benching him to piss off another bunch of fantasy football managers" '

Wow. But that's a true quote... not altered at all.

'Pep Guardiola has spoken ahead of this weekend's Premier League trip to Newcastle United.

"Everyone is fit, it’s just Ferran (Torres) missing. Joao (Cancelo) is back after (his suspension against) Leeds and we will travel to Newcastle with everyone ready to play. ... Apart from Foden, I'm benching him to piss off another bunch of fantasy football managers" '

Wow. But that's a true quote... not altered at all.
:lol:

I’m lucky enough to have 10 available but ASM is a doubt. I swapped Lacazette in for Antonio, hoping he’ll do something against a porous Leeds defence. Have no goalie but didn’t last week either and still won my head to head. I actually have two subs in ASM and Manquillo, but as they are against City, happy to not have to play them.

Holding on to my free hit for as long as possible. Willing to take a -4 here and there in weeks where players have a double. A few players in my league only have 6 or 7 available, which sucks. My opponent will only have 7 unless he takes some hits or uses free hit. Which I suspect he will.

Have only 5 players playing this weekend.... Am 35 points ahead in my ML and the one who's second has 9 playing, inc. the 5 I have. Should I take a -12 hit and field 9, or free hit? This GW sucks so much.

Went for a Ronaldo to Kane free transfer so I have 11 players this weekend. Now a hattrick against the scousers please.

I’ve used the free hit. I was looking at a -24 point deduction for transferring out all the injured/postponed game players.

Mendy
Dias Rudiger Alonso Cancelo
Salah Odegaard Jota Bernardo ESR
Watkins​

Got Lacazette and Tsimikas on the bench (plus someone I’ve never heard of who was cheap). Very much reliant on three specific results now.

Is no-one else just going to use their free hit?

I probably have to. Will wait until 1pm to make my move, just in case anymore decisions come today. Lost ground the last 3 weeks in my local leagues so need to make the move and not just hope for the best.

Have only 5 players available to play, if they get selected. can plan for the new year to take advantage of when the double game weeks come into play

Is no-one else just going to use their free hit?

I almost just did! Otherwise I only have 9 playing. I backed out because I think I'll regret it later in the season with all the double gamesweeks that are going to need to happen. There should be enough doubles to use basically all the chips.

Antonio to Watkins and Dalot to Tierney for a -4?

I’ve only got 7 at the moment, so I think I’ll have to take a hit. I’m worried that I already have ESR and I’m trying to avoid doubling up, but I’m struggling to see any other options.

Anyone convince me otherwise with this -4?

I'm getting Foden for Gallagher.

Worth taking a hit to swap Duffy to a Villa defender and line up with 11?

Thanks. Thought about it and will go for Tierney due to the attacking threat.

Yeah I'm having a look at the Arsenal defenders as well. Had Tierney earlier in the season and he was disappointing. Might have a look at Tomayasu this time or the boring but dependable White.

I wonder if the fullbacks might get rotated over the Xmas schedule.

Ramsdale
TAA Cancelo James
Raphinha Salah Jota ESR

Foster, Livra, Dalot, Bowen, Antonio, King, Ronaldo all unavailable. Where the feck do I go from here with 0m in the bank. Foden is the one I really want so I think that means reluctantly getting rid of Bowen after 1 gameweek. Antonio has to go but the best replacement I can come up with on a -4 is Gelhardt. That's the moves I'm most likely to make at the min

That's because of FPL's weird obsession with converting everyone into a midfielder. Now we have too many midfielders. And in this season, the forwards have all been mostly crap. So it is becoming more obvious now.
FPL should start changing midfielders like Salah, Greenwood, Rashford, Jota all back to forwards.

Salah being moved to a forward and priced £13.5m would actually make it a small dillemma whether to get him for full season or not. When they consider him a midfielder and price him £12.5m it’s just dumb at this point (that’s from someone who actually did not have him initiallyx trying to be super clever, admittedly :lol:)

Tempted to captain Cancelo but will probably play it safe with Salah.

Ronaldo to Watkins done. 9 players hopefully playing. Reluctant to take a hit as I've already taken 3 of them this season and it's 50/50 whether they work out. I kinda despise starting a GW on negative points too!

Watkins in for Hwang and actually have 11 fit. Whether they all start or do anything is obviously a totally different question.

Salah cap it has to be again.

Yeah I'm having a look at the Arsenal defenders as well. Had Tierney earlier in the season and he was disappointing. Might have a look at Tomayasu this time or the boring but dependable White.

I wonder if the fullbacks might get rotated over the Xmas schedule.
Might actually get white now haha

Took a -8 last week due to having 6 players out (ended up bringing in Dennis who was out too)

This week I now have 7 out and have taken a -8 again.

Not a fan of taking hits and now thinking I maybe should have just stuck with a -4. Is what it is.

Are many of you playing Free Hits?

I'm 2nd in two of my mini leagues. Need to catch up.

But the only players I can really get rid of are actually playing, so it's stupid to do that.

I'm wary of getting Watkins in because if the two people that are 1st in front of me have him, then it's pointless isn't it.

I’ve went:

Hwang > Wood
Fred > Ramsey
Guaita > Ramsdale

Ramsdale

Rudiger
TAA
Konsa
Cancelo
White

Salah
Mount
Ramsey
ESR

Wood

I think given the rest they’ve had and the fact Liverpool have VVD out and conceded a few midweek, I can see a potential upset against Spurs.

Still got my captain on Salah for now but tempted to throw it on Mount, ESR, Rudiger or Cancelo.

Mounts the in form one scoring in each of his last 4 so feel like that run will probably stop.

Decisions Decisions.

I have the following team:

De Gea - Guiata

Trent - Cancelo - Alonso - White (Dalot)

Jota - Salah - Bilva - Ramsey (Bowen)

Watkins (Broja - King)

Should I go Dalot and Bowen to cash and Foden for -4? This will give me 10 outfield players and one sub (Ramsey).

Or I could go Dalot to Cash and Guiata to another playable GK which would give me a whole 11.

Just can't decide tbh

Are many of you playing Free Hits?

I'm 2nd in two of my mini leagues. Need to catch up.

But the only players I can really get rid of are actually playing, so it's stupid to do that.

I'm wary of getting Watkins in because if the two people that are 1st in front of me have him, then it's pointless isn't it.

Free Hits should only be used for Double/Triple GWs. No point using it this week to field 11 players when you can use it for a DGW or TGW and have up to 33 games played by your players.

Free Hits should only be used for Double/Triple GWs. No point using it this week to field 11 players when you can use it for a DGW or TGW and have up to 33 games played by your players.

I've always tended to use free hits on weeks where there's hardly any games (FA Cup Quarter Final Week, for example)

DGWs... I dunno, players are often rotated... Do they play in both games always?

But yeah, I think the fact that I'm doubting it so much means I probably should hang on to the free hit for now.

I have the following team:

De Gea - Guiata

Trent - Cancelo - Alonso - White (Dalot)

Jota - Salah - Bilva - Ramsey (Bowen)

Watkins (Broja - King)

Should I go Dalot and Bowen to cash and Foden for -4? This will give me 10 outfield players and one sub (Ramsey).

Or I could go Dalot to Cash and Guiata to another playable GK which would give me a whole 11.

Just can't decide tbh

Problem with GK is that a lot of those playing are at least a million dearer than Guaita and not many look certain for a clean sheet.

However Ramsdale at 5.1 is good value with good clean sheet potential. I’d get him in as a cleansheet will instantly negate any penalty.

Similarly Dalot to a defender is probably also low risk as clean sheets are more likely than players scoring or assisting.

I’d defo trade the GK. And then for the last player I’d bring in either a defender such as cash or if not ESR for Bowen could be tempting.

Took a -8 last week due to having 6 players out (ended up bringing in Dennis who was out too)

This week I now have 7 out and have taken a -8 again.

Not a fan of taking hits and now thinking I maybe should have just stuck with a -4. Is what it is.

It was sod's law for me last week as 2 players had one game bans, coinciding with losing 2 from the Utd call off and Townsend suddenly being out with a foot injury. You can't legislate for that ridiculous mix of things.
From the -8, Dennis was called off, Bilva 1 point in a smashfest game and Rudiger conceded qgagainsEverton's youth team.

However, Watkins in now meaning a full 11 on paper.

Cue 7 starting!!

I've always tended to use free hits on weeks where there's hardly any games (FA Cup Quarter Final Week, for example)

DGWs... I dunno, players are often rotated... Do they play in both games always?

But yeah, I think the fact that I'm doubting it so much means I probably should hang on to the free hit for now.

A lot of the time they will play both GWs especially those in the back 5 where there is less rotation.

Plus even if they don’t, you’ll still get 1 game out of them which is the same as you’d get this week.

But using it this week means the max potential you have is 11 players and those aren’t even players playing against teams like Norwich or Watford either.

Whereas with covid we will defo have some teams with DGW and TGW giving you potential of 33 games and against a wider array of opponents allowing you to select players with favourable fixtures.

Also as for Watkins I guess it’s up to how you play. If you get him in you block the potential for your opponents going further ahead of you.But if you go differential you have potential to gain points too.

Not a lot of great strikers to choose from this week though. I’ve went with Wood as Burnley are well rested and have a decent record against Villa as does Wood. Not confident he will score but couldn’t afford Watkins so he seemed the best of the rest in my price range.