Fantasy Premier League 21/22

FPL is f**ked right now. What teams should be avoided for next GW then?

I had 3 United, 2 Brentford and Cancelo out this week. Took a -8 to change it to 1 Chelsea, 1 villa and 1 1 Watford and still could only put out 10 men.

Luckily I’ve a decent enough bench and think my team is diverse enough now to hopefully be able to field XI this week.

What plans do we got?

I like Foden and Lacazette as picks for this week, but Pep roulette plus Covid is a scary combination.

If B Silva is out I do him to Foden I guess.

No way making any early transfers.

Honestly at this stage it's pointless even trying to plan ahead. Just wait. I have doubts that there will be any games being played at the weekend at this rate.

You are right. I will wait for news.

We have 4 games being played 16:00 saturday. Thus hopefully we know by deadline which games are going to be played.

Having to pick players based on Covid and not who you think going to do best ruins the game.

Saturday looks like it will consist of either no fixtures or a free hit at 13:20 once we know what 15:00 kick-offs look on!

Saving the Free Hit for the quadruple gameweeks.

This. No point wasting a free hit for a few games. Best to wait till potential double or triple gameweeks later on.

Might be worth stocking up on spurs and United players soon.

This. No point wasting a free hit for a few games. Best to wait till potential double or triple gameweeks later on.

Might be worth stocking up on spurs and United players soon.

Ronaldo plus Son and sell Salah or TAA for cash I guess is the way.

I am going to take hits to take advantage of the doubles.

If no african cup of nations then I guess we might struggle.

FPL is f**ked right now. What teams should be avoided for next GW then?

I had 3 United, 2 Brentford and Cancelo out this week. Took a -8 to change it to 1 Chelsea, 1 villa and 1 1 Watford and still could only put out 10 men.

Luckily I’ve a decent enough bench and think my team is diverse enough now to hopefully be able to field XI this week.

It seems like we've had equally miserable weeks my brother.

Honestly at this stage it's pointless even trying to plan ahead. Just wait. I have doubts that there will be any games being played at the weekend at this rate.

You get the feeling that they'll stubbornly try and get through this weekend first, but there will definitely be other games off.
How can Watford not be for instance?

Surely they couldn't decide to stop it now?

"Chelsea v Everton (19:45 GMT)

Alistair Magowan
BBC Sport

The small number of new positives at Chelsea were from testing on Wednesday.

There has been further testing today, so there is a possibility that more positives could emerge ahead of the match.

As it stands the game goes ahead, and if it does Thomas Tuchel will speak to media about situation prior to kick off."

Alonso starts!

5 points is needed only to win the cup. You can get the clean sheet and even take a yellow.

The trolling of Michael Antonio continues! Down to 10 already for the weekend.

Only three 15:00 kick-offs left.

I love tinkering and planning ahead but you can't even do that until deadline day at this rate.

Surely FPL will adjust their gameweek then if that many games are off

It seems like we've had equally miserable weeks my brother.

Ive noticed that throughout fpl this year me and you seem to always be within 10 positions are so of each other in the red cafe league most weeks.

Not quite at the lofty heights where we both started the season :(

The only reason I did the -8 was mainly because of my cup opponent having a full squad available.

I’m now 4 points behind him with TAA, Salah (c), Rudiger and mount to play.

He has TAA, Salah (c), James, Jota. And then also has Manquilo on the bench and ESR in that order. Hoping manquilo plays as he will come in for Vardy for him. And sort of hope all the others feature so he doesn’t get an ESR 6 pointer.

Slim chance of me getting through here. But all it needs is a big performance from Mount or Rudiger and I might slip through.

Ive noticed that throughout fpl this year me and you seem to always be within 10 positions are so of each other in the red cafe league most weeks.

The only reason I did the -8 was mainly because of my cup opponent having a full squad available.

He has TAA, Salah (c), James, Jota. And then also has Manquilo on the bench and ESR in that order. Hoping manquilo plays as he will come in for Vardy for him. And sort of hope all the others feature so he doesn’t get an ESR 6 pointer.

Slim chance of me getting through here. But all it needs is a big performance from Mount or Rudiger and I might slip through.

oh wait it might be @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson who has been quite close to me throughout. I can’t remember it’s one of you two though.

There's more panic about FPL nowadays than actual covid itself.... people just don't care about it anymore :lol:

Got all 6 out tonight with the armband included. Never needed a Chelsea clean sheet so much.

20 behind in the cup but got a chance now Son is out. Need Alonso and Salah to make up that margin versus Trent. I’d only have Alonso to save me if he had captained Salah.

I should probably point out I'm not in the redcafe league.

There's more panic about FPL nowadays than actual covid itself.... people just don't care about it anymore :lol:

I had this crazy sore throat for about 2 weeks at the start of the month. Didn't even think about getting tested strangely. Now I think it was covid.

Down to 7 for the weekend. Let’s hope it’s cancelled.

Yeah I don't think anyone should worry now as its clearly very close to a shut down.
It was this week that killed some of us as people have taken 30 or so points off us as a freebie. Annoying.

I am already without 8 players for the weekend. :lol:

I think I will just try something risky as buying Sterling and Captain him. Don't want to take more hits as it's clearly just a gamble atm.