Fantasy Premier League 21/22

I have had Bernardo for that period, but it's about looking forward. Foden is now fit, injury concern is valid but you gotta go based on the info you have. Pep has said all clear, he's rested compared to others so a good shout to start and he poses a lot of goal threat when he plays.

My difficulty is that it's Hwang and Townsend that I really need to bark off. And Ronaldo/Duffy/Cancelo were all part of the longer plan.

I'm thinking it might be a decent plan to do Ronaldo to Dennis, and field 10 this week. Having only got 2 defenders (Cancelo, Dalot, Duffy out).

Then I can deal with Hwang next week straight to Ronaldo, without losing Antonio for his quality run.

If Ronaldo doesn't have a game, obviously do something else.

Had my booster Saturday afternoon. Didn’t have one issue from vaccines 1 and 2… after booster, arm felt numb then increasingly sore within a few hours and since Sunday night, feel like I’ve got flu.

Not going Sat but was to the next… not sure. Feels like this is going to exponentially escalate.

I was Pfizer first 2 and now Moderna. I suspect there's a slightly worse reaction in that setting for whatever reason. But it's hard to tell for me, as I had a cough/cold last week, then raced a XC race on Sunday :D
So i was already a bit rucked, then this is on top :)

Still, a few days rest will sort it hopefully. Kind of relieved to not have a long drive Sat looming though.

I'm gonna have to roll this week. No point shooting in the dark for transfers when games could be postponed. Everyone will probably have a dodgy week.

Pukki and Hwang up front is terrible!

I don't think Pukki is that bad. I'm gonna bring him in next chance I get. Dean Smith will straighten the ship somewhat and I think he will do OK for a 5.9m striker. If Norwich score you'd hope it's going to come from him.

My difficulty is that it's Hwang and Townsend that I really need to bark off. And Ronaldo/Duffy/Cancelo were all part of the longer plan.

I'm thinking it might be a decent plan to do Ronaldo to Dennis, and field 10 this week. Having only got 2 defenders (Cancelo, Dalot, Duffy out).

Then I can deal with Hwang next week straight to Ronaldo, without losing Antonio for his quality run.

If Ronaldo doesn't have a game, obviously do something else.

Townsend has undergone a scan for a broken bone in his foot. Could be out a while.
Richarlison too.

Townsend has undergone a scan for a broken bone in his foot. Could be out a while.
Richarlison too.

How has he not even got a yellow flag! Can't make it up (unless someone has!)

Might be the opportunity to bin him off though!

Why (with each)?

Jesus seems a beautifully festive pick… but he does very little and also has very high rotation chance.

Antonio out of form but due a haul…

I'd rather go for who I know will play. But I guess you can start Jesus and if he doesn't feature Antonio comes in

How has he not even got a yellow flag! Can't make it up (unless someone has!)

Might be the opportunity to bin him off though!
Hasn’t come out officially yet.
Not sure when Benitez’ press conference is, I’ve stopped watching them!

Ok, so might need to take a very rare -8, but one that future proofs a bit.

Potentially
Duffy, Ronaldo & Townsend to Rudiger, Bilva & Dennis

for

Ramdale
Rudiger TAA James (Cancelo, Dalot)
Salah Jota Bilva Raph (Burnley)
Antonio, Dennis, Hwang

About 2.5m to sort Hwang out next game.

Alternative is to only take a -4 and not do the defensive one, playing 10 this week, as problems there will ease by next game, with Duffy/Dalot/Cancelo back in the game, meaning 4.9m available, meaning Antonio to Ronaldo would be doable at the right time.

@Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @CassiusClaymore what we reckons?

Potentially

for

Ramdale
Antonio, Dennis, Hwang

Alternative is to only take a -4 and not do the defensive one, playing 10 this week, as problems there will ease by next game, with Duffy/Dalot/Cancelo back in the game, meaning 4.9m available, meaning Antonio to Ronaldo would be doable at the right time.

@Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Cutch @CassiusClaymore what we reckons?
I'm reluctant to take hits unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, which appears to be the case for you. Or you can do a -4 and pray to the FPL higher ups that Townsend plays?

I'm reluctant to take hits unless ABSOLUTELY necessary, which appears to be the case for you. Or you can do a -4 and pray to the FPL higher ups that Townsend plays?

I think most weeks we have a defender who does jack all, so going in with 2 defenders is probably not a disaster this week.
So maybe just the 2 big boys in form Bilva and Dennis makes sense, while retaining a way to get Ronaldo back in fairly soon - probs not next week as Antonio has a big fixture, but soon after.

Had another look

Townsend & Ronaldo to Odegaard & Dennis would actually allow Hwang to Ronaldo next week.

@Dirty Schwein , better than the Bilva move?
Arsenal have Norwich and Leeds soon. Although City have Leeds tonight. But always a chance of some City rotation.

Can't see the City game being postponed this close to kick off now. I think it's next game week that shit will hit the fan.
I read somewhere that Guaita damaged his finger. The missus probably wanted him to go too fast.
Apparently Vieira said in his presser that McCarthy is the only injury. Didn't specifically mention Guaita so I'm hoping (praying) he's fit.

Had another look

Townsend & Ronaldo to Odegaard & Dennis would actually allow Hwang to Ronaldo next week.

@Dirty Schwein , better than the Bilva move?
Arsenal have Norwich and Leeds soon. Although City have Leeds tonight. But always a chance of some City rotation.
Bilva should not get rotated and have great fixtures, as do Arsenal. Depends if ESR eats into Odegaard's time... It's a toss up really mate.

My word I’ve heard Konsa is one of the Villa players with COVID. I’ve brought him in in my fantasy draft team, so swapped him out for Mings now.

What a circus this season is.

So. United's Covid story finally got me to say goodbye to Rashford. What a disappointment he has been.
I took the -4 to bring in Gallagher for him and Dennis for Gelhardt.

My Team for GW17:
Bachmann
TAA James Lamptey
Jota Salah Gray Bernardo Gallagher
Hwang Dennis

bench: Foster, Wilson, Dalot, Cancelo
5,4mio in the bank. So theoretically I will be able to bring in Ronnie for Wilson for GW18.

Only question for today is Wilson or Gray in the starting Lineup. But I assume that at least one of the first eleven will miss out either way so it doesn't
matter in the end.

Bilva should not get rotated and have great fixtures, as do Arsenal. Depends if ESR eats into Odegaard's time... It's a toss up really mate.

Ode has scored 3 in 3 and I thought I saw somewhere talk of him being the new captain now Auba has disgraced himself.

I guess long terms it's a case of what's better value. Ronaldo in there, or 3 cheaper strikers and a beefy mid and defence.

Potentially

for

Ramdale
Antonio, Dennis, Hwang

While -8, (1) you should get some of that back straight away and (2) sets you up for longer term

The only caveat would be if CV runs rampant again and you've taken a -8 and not got the benefit. While impact of this CV is clearly changing by the day,, I still think the pros outweigh the cons of a -8.

Watkins will surely be moved to the wing with Ings now back? That's how they lined up in Slippy's first game before Ings got injured. And Ings is ahead of Watkins in the penalty queue too.

There’s a reason he’s known as Trolly Watkins. Classical FPL troll when the masses jump on him.
So Ings and Foden? Is Ings not infected?

I'm gonna play it safe. Ronaldo out and Watkins in. At least I KNOW Ronaldo is not playing and Watkins is. Then I can simply switch back to Ronaldo if the game goes ahead next week. Don't want to take hits at this stage unless I can 100% not get 11 starters confirmed before kick off.