Fantasy Premier League 21/22

I honestly have no idea what to do. I can’t see anyone worth replacing Ronaldo with (even for just one or two weeks) and moving funds into midfield for a hit seem wrong, as all five of my midfielders are fine to play.

When are we expected to know about Brighton?

Bound to be another late call but if there's a string of covid cases then surely 4 days more won't improve it.

Bound to be another late call but if there's a string of covid cases then surely 4 days more won't improve it.
I'm just thinking rolling the transfer for now with the uncertainty. Can field 11 without a transfer. Can take a hit and invest Ronaldo money but that will sting more if the players you get become unavailable.

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso
Salah Jota Bernardo Gallagher Brownhill
Antonio Dennis

I'm just thinking rolling the transfer for now with the uncertainty. Can field 11 without a transfer. Can take a hit and invest Ronaldo money but that will sting more if the players you get become unavailable.

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso
Salah Jota Bernardo Gallagher Brownhill
Antonio Dennis

Yeah in your boat no worries at all.
I'll probably bring in Alonso and Dennis for a hit, but even then I'm having to field Brownhill and Townsend for a bare 11 if Wolves is off.

Means I need a goalkeeper too. Maybe it’s worth me upgrading Foster to Bachman, just so I have a second keeper again. Funds aren’t really an issue and Watford’s run is alright, even if I’m not expecting clean sheets.

Maybe Dalot for Tierney, but Arsenal haven’t exactly got a great game this week.

Loving the carnage. Chaos is a ladder.
Only if you hold your nerve and get the breaks! I’ve already wasted a free transfer and a -4 hit bringing United players in last week and to fill my bench. Now I am back to 10 players due to COVID and suspensions.

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso
Salah(c) Jota Bowen Brownhill
Antonio King

Foster, Cancelo, Dalot, Mbeumo and Ronaldo are all unavailable.

I missed the price changes and news of the United cancellation as I went to bed at a sensible time last night. That’s a bit annoying, as Dennis and Gallagher for Ronaldo and Mbeumo was one possibility, which will now cost another 0.2. I also really like Mount. Ideally I will keep enough ITB to be able to afford to do Antonio to Ronaldo after Xmas, or Alonso to a cheaper defender and a Watford striker to Ronaldo.

I think I will map out how many players I have playing in each fixture for the next three GWs and engage in some risk management to try and not be overly vulnerable to any one game being postponed.

As it stands I have 10.5 players for this week (Livramento yellow flagged?), that's if there are no more matches cancelled.

May use my FT for Toney > Watkins. But part of me thinks it may be wise to roll until the weekend. I sense many more fixture postponements this month...

As it stands I have 10.5 players for this week (Livramento yellow flagged?), that's if there are no more matches cancelled.

May use my FT for Toney > Watkins. But part of me thinks it may be wise to roll until the weekend. I sense many more fixture postponements this month...

It’s a really annoying time to get the flag isn’t it. He didn’t get subbed off in the last game so you’d think he would be okay.

I’m tempted to just go with it and make a late call on Sanchez in goal to use my free transfer. I don’t think 10 players would be a disaster this week anyway and any hits might end up being pointless this time next week.

Need some advice guys, currently I can just about field 11 players with no bench. 2 FT and 0.0 in the bank.

Ramsdale
Liveramento TAA James
Gallagher ESR Jota Salah Bernardo
Dennis Antonio

Bench: Foster,Ronaldo,Cancelo,Johnson.

What should I do:
1. Move Ronaldo to Watkins for 2 weeks and if I do who should he replace in my team.
2. Move Johnson to Manquillo to not burn a transfer and get in a playing sub.
3. Do nothing

Bare in mind that I want Ronaldo back either in GW 18 or 19 depending on our covid situation so I need to have the exact money to get him back.

PSA: Don’t be tempted to captain and vice-captain two players from the same match. As much as Jota and Trent look good vices this week, Liverpool don’t play until 20:00 on Thursday. There’s plenty of time for people to test positive for either Liverpool or Newcastle.

Thinking Bruno > Sterling

Any reason not to, except pep?
No idea why you still have Bruno, but I’ve completely overlooked Sterling who seems to be delivering some good underlying numbers again. He could be an incredible differential.

Sheesh.

Currently playing ...

Sa
James TAA Williams
Salah Jota Gallagher ESR
Watkins King

with flags or no shows on Cancelo, Dalot, Allan, Ronaldo.

£1m in the bank I could just bin Dalot for free and take in a playing defender but part of me thinks it might be worth doing Ronaldo and Allan out for Antonio and a City mid. Could hit the jackpot if I pick the right one.

Probably gonna do Ronaldo > Watkins later.
Having a £12.4m striker on my bench for possibly 2 gameweeks isnt ideal.

I was already looking at Watkins for this run of games.

It’s just a nightmare with strikers this season. Dennis has been my most prolific striker.

Looks like I'm going to be making a keeper transfer for the second consecutive week.

Do I upgrade Foster to someone like Guita so I have two playing keepers to deal with future postponements? Or do I just go with DDG to Ramsdale?

Looks like I'm going to be making a keeper transfer for the second consecutive week.

Do I upgrade Foster to someone like Guita so I have two playing keepers to deal with future postponements? Or do I just go with DDG to Ramsdale?

I’m upgrading Foster to Bachmann I reckon. Not expecting many points, but the fixtures are decent and it gives me two playing keepers for minimum price increase.

Even though you would hope United don’t get any more cancelled fixtures, there’s nothing to say our opponents won’t over Xmas, such as Newcastle, Wolves etc.

Anyone know about Firmino? Is Jota still nailed?

De Gea might not be ideal for this week!

So a quick final check. This will be my starting 11 without any transfers for now:

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso Livra
Salah Jota Bernardo Gallagher
Antonio Dennis

Foster, Brownhill, Ronaldo, Cancelo

Option 1: Roll the FT. Can field a full 11 even if Livra is out. I'm leaning towards this. In case Ron is still out for next GW can do the move below without a hit and with more info.
Option 2: Take a hit to remove Ronaldo and Brownhill and get a playing mid and fwd. Pro is I can probably aim for a big hitter like Son, Sterling or Foden and spread the funds. Cons: Don't wanna triple up on City, don't trust Spurs players right now and can't find any striker I want as starter. Could be King but again don't want Watford double up. And would be tough to get Ronaldo back.

Thoughts @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Cutch

Last edited:
So a quick final check. This will be my starting 11 without any transfers for now:

Ramsdale
TAA James Cancelo Livra
Antonio Dennis

Option 1: Roll the FT. Can field a full 11 even if Livra is out. I'm leaning towards this. In case Ron is still out for next GW can do the move below without a hit and with more info.
Option 2: Take a hit to remove Ronaldo and Brownhill and get a playing mid and fwd. Pro is I can probably aim for a big hitter like Son, Sterling or Foden and spread the funds. Cons: Don't wanna triple up on City, don't trust Spurs players right now and can't find any striker I want as starter. Could be King but again don't want Watford double up. And would be tough to get Ronaldo back.

Thoughts @Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @CassiusClaymore @Cutch

I'd roll the FT, depending on who that Cancelo in your first 11 should be!!
Assuming that is a starter, you're golden.

This is my mess of a team. CAPS are out for this game week

Ramsdale FOSTER
Taa James CANCELO DUFFY DALOT
Salah Jota Rapha Townsend Brownhill
RONALDO Antonio Hwang

Defence an issue then, as is having a 12.5m non starter.
If Brighton was also going to be called off, Ronnie out would be 100% sensible. One game, not sure.

Thinking

Ronaldo & Duffy to Dennis & Alonso/Rudiger

Thoughts?

Alonso v Rudiger for one thing.

I'd actually be able to do Antonio straight to Ronaldo with that double, but Antonio starts a great run of games!

This is my mess of a team. CAPS are out for this game week

Ramsdale FOSTER
Taa James CANCELO DUFFY DALOT
Salah Jota Rapha Townsend Brownhill
RONALDO Antonio Hwang

Defence an issue then, as is having a 12.5m non starter.
If Brighton was also going to be called off, Ronnie out would be 100% sensible. One game, not sure.

Thinking

Ronaldo & Duffy to Dennis & Alonso/Rudiger

Thoughts?

Alonso v Rudiger for one thing.

I'd actually be able to do Antonio straight to Ronaldo with that double, but Antonio starts a great run of games!

Rudiger > Alonso for me. I think Alonso is pretty pap and don't trust him not to get benched even with Chilwell out. Have you not considered Dias and doubling up on City defence instead? It's better (certainly recently) and covers you this week with Cancelo out.

If I bin Ronaldo I'll bring in Antonio for his run and remove either Dalot or Allan for Dias or Bernardo/Foden/Gundo (in that order).

I’m upgrading Foster to Bachmann I reckon. Not expecting many points, but the fixtures are decent and it gives me two playing keepers for minimum price increase.

Even though you would hope United don’t get any more cancelled fixtures, there’s nothing to say our opponents won’t over Xmas, such as Newcastle, Wolves etc.

Yeah the only issue with Bachman is Foster will be back next month and you'd be back with only one playing keeper again.

Ramsdale
TAA James Alonso Livra
Antonio Dennis

Livra out? Sure manager confirmed.

50 50 on those two options. Both have pros. Holding a tfr with Covid only going to get worse is useful but if I had to, I'd lean to option 2

Rudiger > Alonso for me. I think Alonso is pretty pap and don't trust him not to get benched even with Chilwell out. Have you not considered Dias and doubling up on City defence instead? It's better (certainly recently) and covers you this week with Cancelo out.

I'd personally be a bit wary of jumping on the James and Alonso/Rudiger duo at this stage (I say this as someone with both).

The next 4 fixtures are fine, but after that it gets really tricky and then potentially 2 blanks in a row. It may work out but I wouldn't want to book in too many transfers.

Yeah the only issue with Bachman is Foster will be back next month and you'd be back with only one playing keeper again.

I normally roll with one keeper anyway, this is just a good opportunity to get a second playing keeper at a low price.

I’m not convinced by a 40 year old keeper coming back from a groin injury that quickly, there’s no guarantee he’ll make it back into the line up anyway.

Rumours circulating that City have Covid cases as well and the Leeds game is in danger. Could be bollocks but hold those transfers until the deadline.