Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Chances of James being benched against Burnley?

Frustrating blank for Hwang. Brought back some memories when Jota was at Wolves. Goal ruled offside, then a great run which should have been an assist if Trincao knew how to shoot.

Took a -4 to take out Sarr and Jimi for Foden and Hwang.

Id have kept sarr on the bench behind ESR, so -4 + 2 + 2 = 0, meanwhile if I did nothing id have got jiminez points + ESR ffs.

Lost out on Hwang goal + Foden assist to two var decisions

Wolves looking half decent, but I can't see myself buying anyone from them this week.

It is probably James or saving my transfer.

Took a -4 to take out Sarr and Jimi for Foden and Hwang.

Id have kept sarr on the bench behind ESR, so -4 + 2 + 2 = 0, meanwhile if I did nothing id have got jiminez points + ESR ffs.

Lost out on Hwang goal + Foden assist to two var decisions
Mate I benched Ramsdale for Foster and also transferred out James :lol:

Decent preview for next GW. :lol:

Yep. Anytime I've a strong squad I always seem to have rotten luck with benching the wrong players. Near better having a shit bench just to take the stress out of the game.

This gameweek will probably actually be bench boost worthy, particularly if I also make the Dias to Reece James move. Should have considered it this week also even in hindsight.

Mate I benched Ramsdale for Foster and also transferred out James :lol:

This is nearly as bad as me convincing the wife to bring in Havertz (3) last week for Jota (11) and then captain him ahead of Salah (24). To facilitate this she took a -4 and made the shrewd move of bringing in Cornet (15), only I told her he was shit so she benched him then for Gray (5) :lol:

This is nearly as bad as me convincing the wife to bring in Havertz (3) last week for Jota (11) and then captain him ahead of Salah (24). To facilitate this she took a -4 and made the shrewd move of bringing in Cornet (15), only I told her he was shit so she benched him then for Gray (5) :lol:
So you are sleeping on couch till next GW I suppose.

These are grounds for divorce mate :lol:

Maybe there's a third option... Keep Antonio. Forget Toney. Swap Jiminez for Hwang.

Antonio, Hwang, Kane (Ronaldo swap GW15)...

Thoughts?

All seems logical on paper. Right now on form, I’d just leave Vardy and go straight to Ronaldo but it’s a massive risk not having any Spurs for those fixtures.

I toyed with getting Son in for Foden instead of Kane, but it means doing Cancelo to a sub 5 million defender to still leave cash for Ronaldo. And Foden has good fixtures from 15.

Basically I’m going to hold my transfer this week and hope the game takes some options away to make the decision easier.

All seems logical on paper. Right now on form, I’d just leave Vardy and go straight to Ronaldo but it’s a massive risk not having any Spurs for those fixtures.

I toyed with getting Son in for Foden instead of Kane, but it means doing Cancelo to a sub 5 million defender to still leave cash for Ronaldo. And Foden has good fixtures from 15.

Basically I’m going to hold my transfer this week and hope the game takes some options away to make the decision easier.
I'm gonna keep Vardy one last game. It's Leeds, who give up a lot of chances. Whatever he does, he will be out after that game.

I also looked at Foden to Son but it screws up the structure of my team, plus Foden has a good set of fixtures...

My only conumdrum for next GW is who do I bench. Saint-Maximin vs Brighton away or Benrahma vs Liverpool away. Or do I go billy big balls and play Duffy over both and hope Brighton keep a clean sheet...

Opinions on benching this week then.

TAA, Chilwell, Cancelo, Livra
Foden, Salah, Mbeumo, Raph, ESR
Vardy, Antonio, Jimenez.

Two of those need benching and fixtures are important as the likes of ESR, Mbeumo, Livra have the best fixtures. Even Ben White has a really good fixture, but I’ve got him last sub. Definitely going to downgrade someone soon to make this choice easier and free up some cash.

Opinions on benching this week then.

TAA, Chilwell, Cancelo, Livra
Foden, Salah, Mbeumo, Raph, ESR
Vardy, Antonio, Jimenez.

Two of those need benching and fixtures are important as the likes of ESR, Mbeumo, Livra have the best fixtures. Even Ben White has a really good fixture, but I’ve got him last sub. Definitely going to downgrade someone soon to make this choice easier and free up some cash.
Cancelo and Jimenez.

Ive pencilled in Cancelo and Antonio at the moment. I guess Palace are playing well, so it’s not as easy as it looks on paper.
Yeah, yesterday's game made it a tough call. Wolves looked very good but then it was Everton who are crap. Jimenez actually only scored from a backpass from Everton defender that was passed to him, and didnt have another clear chance in the game. Usually playing more as a #10 but he's on pens and they almost got one yesterday with all the trickery from Trincao and Hwang.

WHU looked great as well, and I think they are good to get one goal vs Liverpool. Robertson is in horrible form and facing an in form Bowen.

Yeah, yesterday's game made it a tough call. Wolves looked very good but then it was Everton who are crap. Jimenez actually only scored from a backpass from Everton defender that was passed to him, and didnt have another clear chance in the game. Usually playing more as a #10 but he's on pens and they almost got one yesterday with all the trickery from Trincao and Hwang.

WHU looked great as well, and I think they are good to get one goal vs Liverpool. Robertson is in horrible form and facing an in form Bowen.

Next 5 fixtures:

Lord Antonio:
Liverpool (H)
Wolves (A)
Man City (A)
Brighton (H)
Chelsea (H)

Jimenez / Hwang:
Crystal Palace (A)
West Ham (H)
Norwich (A)
Burnley (H)
Liverpool (H)

Toney:
Norwich (H)
Newcastle (A)
Everton (H)
Spurs (A)
Leeds (A)

Assuming everyone will have a premium slot (Kane/Vardy/Ronaldo), you can only have two of these.

If following fixtures, surely has to be Premium, Jimenez/Hwang and Toney. Then Bring Antonio back after Chelsea for Jimenez/Hwang as their fixtures turn to dog shit the minute Antonio's turn good again and you'll be left with Premium, Toney and Jimenez/Hwang. The only issue is that you are holding Toney long term. His fixtures remain good for a long time but he hasn't exactly been banging in the points despite good expected data... This plan also means you lose at least 0.4 on Antonio...

Jiminez is never a massive scorer but he's the sort of player that only needs 1 goal to grab all 3 bps. He's the anti Salah in that respect.

@Dirty Schwein - that's why I brought in Mbuemo but sods law he got injured straight away. Front 3 of Jim, Antonio and premium for me. I can turn Ronaldo into Kane but that seems like madness until he starts picking up any semblance of form so I'll most likely turn Havertz into Son GW12 instead (Cancelo to make way for Reguillon to free up the extra funds).

Jiminez is never a massive scorer but he's the sort of player that only needs 1 goal to grab all 3 bps. He's the anti Salah in that respect.

@Dirty Schwein - that's why I brought in Mbuemo but sods law he got injured straight away. Front 3 of Jim, Antonio and premium for me. I can turn Ronaldo into Kane but that seems like madness until he starts picking up any semblance of form so I'll most likely turn Havertz into Son GW12 instead (Cancelo to make way for Reguillon to free up the extra funds).
Son would be ideal but there's no way for me to easily get to him. I don't mind losing Foden but even then, I will be like 2.6 short...

Who is everyone captaining this weekend? Good one for a differential again with Salah away at West Ham. Might score obviously but unlikely to haul surely.

Fixtures wise I like the look of Mbueno, ESR and Havertz but I haven't got the balls for any of them. Maybe Smith Rowe.

Who is everyone captaining this weekend? Good one for a differential again with Salah away at West Ham. Might score obviously but unlikely to haul surely.

Fixtures wise I like the look of Mbueno, ESR and Havertz but I haven't got the balls for any of them. Maybe Smith Rowe.

Will Conte be in charge by then, no?

If he is I'd be tempted to go for Son.

Gonna be a tough gameweek. The weaker players in many teams have stronger fixtures and vice versa. It makes for very difficult benching decisions.

Ramsdale
TAA, James, Cancelo, Dias, Duffy
Salah, Foden, Mbeumo, Raphinha,
Vardy, Toney, Antonio

Foster, X, Y, Brownhill

Still have the two FTs. Chilwell, Kane and Son are the main targets. Also interested in Mane and Jota, as well as Bruno and Ronaldo when the United fixtures turn.

and currently have to bench two of Cancelo, Dias, Duffy, Raphinha and Antonio.

Gonna be a tough gameweek. The weaker players in many teams have stronger fixtures and vice versa. It makes for very difficult benching decisions.

Ramsdale
TAA, James, Cancelo, Dias, Duffy
Salah, Foden, Mbeumo, Raphinha,
Vardy, Toney, Antonio

Foster, X, Y, Brownhill

Still have the two FTs. Chilwell, Kane and Son are the main targets. Also interested in Mane and Jota, as well as Bruno and Ronaldo when the United fixtures turn.

and currently have to bench two of Cancelo, Dias, Duffy, Raphinha and Antonio.
If I was you I'd bench Antonio plus Dias (or Cancelo) alongside Brownhill

Struggling with options. Looks like Antonio or a Chelsea defender…

Assuming everyone will have a premium slot (Kane/Vardy/Ronaldo), you can only have two of these.

If following fixtures, surely has to be Premium, Jimenez/Hwang and Toney. Then Bring Antonio back after Chelsea for Jimenez/Hwang as their fixtures turn to dog shit the minute Antonio's turn good again and you'll be left with Premium, Toney and Jimenez/Hwang. The only issue is that you are holding Toney long term. His fixtures remain good for a long time but he hasn't exactly been banging in the points despite good expected data... This plan also means you lose at least 0.4 on Antonio...
Exactly. You lose a bunch of value on Antonio and we already have Mbeumo to cover for the Brentford fixtures. I would have been big on Toney but he hasn't done anything in 10 GWs so far to suggest he's a super reliable FPL scorer. And he's had some easy games now. if Mbeumo plays, he usually plays up top and is a greedy bastard who takes all the shots and chances, just that he's also shit at finishing, kinda like the whole Brentford team.

I'm gonna weigh in with my eye test a bit here, I've watched all of WHU, Brentford and Wolves a lot this season. Brentford while having underlying numbers that suggest that are about to go on a goalscoring rampage anytime actually don't do it for me at all. They have a lot of high energy players who are ready to break the offside trap and run at through balls but know sweet feckall on what to do in the final third, have zero composure and just rely on swiping shots all the time hoping one of them lands in. Sure against duds like Norwich that will work, and for that Mbeumo should be enough, possibly even better than Toney. Overall - I am not seeing Toney having a great case here.

WHU and Wolves both have been good in attack. Wolves had a few quieter games, but they are very solid and press like maniacs and force good chances. Plus they have much better players to convert those chances meaning better possibility of return. Just yesterday, that Hwang goal that was offside by a whisker was a Jim assist, Hwang goal. Then Jim again played Hwang who should have taken a shot and scored, but at least those guys show some composure and skill in the oppo box unlike Brentford who are basically whipping in balls at super high pace and hoping it pinballs into the net. WHU obviously are clearly a lot better than these two, have a properly set front 4 now with Rice in great form. Both Cresswell and Johnson/Coufal bomb down the flanks as well. Antonio is involved in around 70% of their goals so for me I'm keeping him until he gets injured, plain and simple.

For me now the plan is Dias to James for GW11 (already done and James about to have a second rise since I did, possibly triple rise this GW)
Vardy to Kane GW12
Foden to Son by downgrading Hwang if Spurs REALLY start firing, although I need Foden for a great City run coming up.
And finally Kane to Ronaldo GW15.

I'm happy with Mbeumo as my Brentford cover and would keep Hwang till Wolves have good fixtures, and after that possibly either have him as bench cover or downgrade him to fodder to get another mid.

The dream for me is to own all of Rudiger, Chilwell and James.

Need to work out how though. Will probably involve transitioning Cancelo, Williams, Havertz and Jimenez into James, Reguillon, Son and Hwang. The Spurs players are the priority if Conte comes in and quickly gets them looking good.

Sá and Reguilon -> Ramsdale and James done.

Green arrows yet again. Never prioritizing getting rid of CR7 finally payed off.

Exactly. You lose a bunch of value on Antonio and we already have Mbeumo to cover for the Brentford fixtures. I would have been big on Toney but he hasn't done anything in 10 GWs so far to suggest he's a super reliable FPL scorer. And he's had some easy games now. if Mbeumo plays, he usually plays up top and is a greedy bastard who takes all the shots and chances, just that he's also shit at finishing, kinda like the whole Brentford team.

I'm gonna weigh in with my eye test a bit here, I've watched all of WHU, Brentford and Wolves a lot this season. Brentford while having underlying numbers that suggest that are about to go on a goalscoring rampage anytime actually don't do it for me at all. They have a lot of high energy players who are ready to break the offside trap and run at through balls but know sweet feckall on what to do in the final third, have zero composure and just rely on swiping shots all the time hoping one of them lands in. Sure against duds like Norwich that will work, and for that Mbeumo should be enough, possibly even better than Toney. Overall - I am not seeing Toney having a great case here.

WHU and Wolves both have been good in attack. Wolves had a few quieter games, but they are very solid and press like maniacs and force good chances. Plus they have much better players to convert those chances meaning better possibility of return. Just yesterday, that Hwang goal that was offside by a whisker was a Jim assist, Hwang goal. Then Jim again played Hwang who should have taken a shot and scored, but at least those guys show some composure and skill in the oppo box unlike Brentford who are basically whipping in balls at super high pace and hoping it pinballs into the net. WHU obviously are clearly a lot better than these two, have a properly set front 4 now with Rice in great form. Both Cresswell and Johnson/Coufal bomb down the flanks as well. Antonio is involved in around 70% of their goals so for me I'm keeping him until he gets injured, plain and simple.

For me now the plan is Dias to James for GW11 (already done and James about to have a second rise since I did, possibly triple rise this GW)
Vardy to Kane GW12
Foden to Son by downgrading Hwang if Spurs REALLY start firing, although I need Foden for a great City run coming up.
And finally Kane to Ronaldo GW15.

I'm happy with Mbeumo as my Brentford cover and would keep Hwang till Wolves have good fixtures, and after that possibly either have him as bench cover or downgrade him to fodder to get another mid.
Good write up. Maybe the move for me is simply Jimenez to Hwang and forget about Toney. That frees up the funds to get in Kane GW12 and Ronaldo GW15.

I can't get son though but Spurs only have 3 REALLY good fixtures and I can see Foden matching Son for points.

Reguilon could be a good shout but do I dare drop one of Chilwell, Cancelo or TAA? Me thinks not...