Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

The TC on Haaland was a huge success. Exactly what one hopes for. Eze, Gvards and Muniz blanking not so much. Son and ESR owners, congrats!
Now I desperately need Arsenal and Liverpool to concede.

If you used TC, you definitely felt he was gunning for 5, which was kind of on at 20 minutes, but yeah, decent middle ground I guess. But no way you'd be overjoyed, since it's easier to chase the points back than hold the gain for 36 weeks. I'd just never drop a chip this early.

Him being 15m has made simply owning him a bigger game changer than it has any right to be. Great move to make him so expensive. Only 55% owning him for Ipswich at home is quite insane.
Bloody hell, first someone said he’d need 3 or 4, now it’s 5 or a wasted chip?

No one felt he was gunning for 5… that’s been done five times in 30 years of the PL, which is what… about 12,000 games?

There’ll be bucket loads of TC picks later in the season and I bet the majority would snap your hand off for a goal in each game and some BPS. Ask 99% of players if they’d take 17, they’d say “Yes please!”. It’s an awful chip to time right and easy to get single digits.

Finally some parity restored after a dismal week 1. Haaland, KdB, Aina, Son and ESR all scoring good points.

Fernandes to Garnacho being ruled out by Zirkzee dented some nice points today.

Think I will keep Fernandes one more week at least, although not confident we are scoring many goals this season so not sure who to switch to in same price bracket?

Muniz seems to have spent the whole game aiming for row z going off the stats. I thought he was sure to return at home to Leicester. Really wishing I'd gone with Chris Wood or João Pedro as originally intended but ah well.

At least ESR came through. Aside from him, it looks like TC Haaland will be carrying the team this week, although hopefully the Liverpool and Newcastle triples come through tomorrow for a booster. Not feeling great about Newcastle to be honest, but Salah/Jota/TAA should pick up the slack at home to Brentford.

The good thing is that it doesn't look like anybody in the league I'm in went with the triple captain chip, so hopefully I can climb up from 5th this week. I was 10 points away from the top in GW1, so fingers crossed.

Bloody hell, first someone said he’d need 3 or 4, now it’s 5 or a wasted chip?

No one felt he was gunning for 5… that’s been done five times in 30 years of the PL, which is what… about 12,000 games?

There’ll be bucket loads of TC picks later in the season and I bet the majority would snap your hand off for a goal in each game and some BPS. Ask 99% of players if they’d take 17, they’d say “Yes please!”. It’s an awful chip to time right and easy to get single digits.

You quoted me and STILL made up that I said it was a wasted chip. I said it was a good middle ground, and I stick to that. Way too early and yes, people were using it in the hope of him scoring 4 or 5 in a reasonably strong potential match for it.... simply searching "haaland score 4" or "haaland score 5" on twitter will confirm that one for you even by filtering out todays stuff based on him scoring 2 at 20 minutes.

But yes, I'd take 17.... but I use chips when I think there's a minor potential of 20+, which today would have been the case for, since it crossed my mind to use it.

Had ESR and Pedro in my team in most drafts and took them out in the end, frustrating.

But some good stuff today with Maza and Robinson assists and Porro clean sheet.

I’d be over the moon with a hattrick on a TC. Normally end with a blank.

Last time it was successful for me was a Sanchez hattrick. Must be 6 years ago.

You quoted me and STILL made up that I said it was a wasted chip. I said it was a good middle ground, and I stick to that. Way too early and yes, people were using it in the hope of him scoring 4 or 5 in a reasonably strong potential match for it.... simply searching "haaland score 4" or "haaland score 5" on twitter will confirm that one for you even by filtering out todays stuff based on him scoring 2 at 20 minutes.

But yes, I'd take 17.... but I use chips when I think there's a minor potential of 20+, which today would have been the case for, since it crossed my mind to use it.
I’m not doing semantics.. it was a turn of phrase based on yours and other post.

Good luck with your TC. I guarantee I won’t quote you again

Well done to the triplers.
Happy enough with a standard captain and to still have the chip later on. Will no doubt still be very useful to hold over rivals

Double United feels sheepish with Liverpool up next.

Glad I held off on Gvardiol and Doku.
Doing nothing is often the right decision!

You're really not living up to your username with this arguing :p

Given there's hardly any double game weeks (unlikely to be more than 2), I think it's going to be very tough to beat a TC drop on a single gameweek hattrick. Irrespective of whether he could have got 4 or 5, you're getting around 50 points from a TC card, which is a very good return irrespective.

It also means psychologically you don't need to worry about riskier chases in panic. Just stable moves from here after a very good chip return.
Bloody hell people are talking about thinking psychologically now.
When did this become more than a game :confused:

I’d be over the moon with a hattrick on a TC. Normally end with a blank.

Last time it was successful for me was a Sanchez hattrick. Must be 6 years ago.
A hatrick on a TC is great . (51 points) A lot of times it's a wasted chip, I still have nightmares of TC Mane when he came off injured inside of 10 minutes in the first game and didn't play the second game of the double week.

A return on a TC is fine, everything else is a bonus. Well done to those who used the chip on Haaland today.

Rogers looks a really good player. I can see him getting returns with that Villa fixtures run coming up.

What difference does playing it early make? Points count the same now as they do towards the end of the season.

Obviously people were hoping he'd score four or five, just as they'd be hoping he'd score four or five across a double gameweek. It doesn't change the fact that a hat-trick is always a really good return on a TC, at any point in the season.

Bloody hell people are talking about thinking psychologically now.
When did this become more than a game :confused:
FPL was always a game heavily influenced by emotional bias. I haven't said anything out of the ordinary.

If anything the crux of my point is 50pt return on a TC card is a very good haul, irrespective of whether it's making you lead or chase.

TC Haaland worked a treat, Joao Pedro, Amad, Soucek, Romero all scored for me. Romero, Van De Ven and Areola got me 27 points at the back between them. I have Saka and Gabriel left to finish this game, then Isak to play tomorrow, I'm on 92 points so far this week. Once the Arsenal game finishes, then Isak tomorrow, I might hit 100 points for the week.

Happy FPL week for me!

Rogers looks a really good player. I can see him getting returns with that Villa fixtures run coming up.
I've got him in my team and without watching any Villa games, I was thinking he will be on the chopping block soon, with no returns.

Eze is the one for me that sticks out to get rid of but I might keep him until Leicester.

Is Barco's price locked now he's moved on something? Stuck on 0.0 for price move on the predictor thing I use?

Would be handy as I'd not use a transfer on fixing it.

Is Barco's price locked now he's moved on something? Stuck on 0.0 for price move on the predictor thing I use?

Would be handy as I'd not use a transfer on fixing it.
Yes because he isn’t in the game anymore. If you can’t buy him then his price can’t change.

Yes because he isn’t in the game anymore. If you can’t buy him then his price can’t change.

Thanks, didn't really know that so thanks for explaining, not sure I've ever had a mid-season loan before, maybe a transfer out that I usually react very quick too, but I can survive on 14 players for a week or two now.