Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

:lol: I'll be here with my shortlist next year! Good luck this week buddy...may the FF powers that be smile on you!

Good luck to you aswell buddy! hope we both get huge green arrows! :D

I might have donw something silly last night. Im in some money leagues and i might have overthinked last night..:angel::lol:

A solanke transfer turned into a Wildcard..:o

Let me just say that i went from a Håland team to a Håland/Salah team wich io have to have until GW6 and use all FTs as a mini wildcard then so crossing fingers.

Good luck to you aswell buddy! hope we both get huge green arrows! :D

I might have donw something silly last night. Im in some money leagues and i might have overthinked last night..:angel::lol:

A solanke transfer turned into a Wildcard..:o

Let me just say that i went from a Håland team to a Håland/Salah team wich io have to have until GW6 and use all FTs as a mini wildcard then so crossing fingers.
Nice! Bold and I admire it :lol:

The up to five transfer roll rule definitely gives a lot more flexibility.

Garnacho rumoured to be starting over Amad. No confidence in the rumour, just heard it. Currently watching an FPL streamer and one of his viewers said it. A few tweets saying it too now, don't know who these people are!

Wouldn't be surprising anyway. Amad not great last week and he announced a death in his family last night.

Thankfully I missed this as I would have probably taken the hit. Amad starting means I can hopefully squeak through this week and then see if Solanke comes back before the internationals saving a few transfers.

Nice! Bold and I admire it :lol:

The up to five transfer roll rule definitely gives a lot more flexibility.

Yeah it sure does mate! I wouldnt have done this without the 5 FT rule, i guess we will find out if it was smart or not the next weeks :lol:

I just got super FOMO on Salah to be honest and i really like the Chelsea/Fulham fixtures also.

fplwc.png

Thankfully I missed this as I would have probably taken the hit. Amad starting means I can hopefully squeak through this week and then see if Solanke comes back before the internationals saving a few transfers.

Glad you missed it. I might have felt a twinge of guilt if you ran with that. Only a little one, mind. :lol:

Nah, lesson learned. No more spreading bollocks rumours. Good job on avoiding it!

Glad you missed it. I might have felt a twinge of guilt if you ran with that. Only a little one, mind. :lol:

Nah, lesson learned. No more spreading bollocks rumours. Good job on avoiding it!

As far as i know i think only FPL Toni have been spot on the leaks ive seen, specially on City lineups.

It would have been remembering that there had been a death in his family that convinced me to take him out. Now I'm hoping he gets to do the prayer celebration in memory of them.

Playing it in a DGW is not a bad idea.. I think what’s changed this year is (1) there won’t be many DGWs (2) they’ll be around cup and European games and said player may not play all games/minutes (3) we know Haaland is perfectly fit and fresh (no Euros) (4) there’s also the FH and wildcard chips… useful for DGWs (5) mystery chip might be what you use in a DGW too.

No exact right or wrong but can see why people might use it

Has a TC in a DWG ever been a safe bet? I don't recall Haaland doing well in any last year, but could be wrong.

You don’t need four goals for a TC chip not to be deemed a flop. If he gets two, he’s probably getting 3 BPS so 13 points… I think TCers would take that.

Ye but usually in double game weeks players get rotated as the fixtures pile up. Plus I don’t think Haaland did all to well in a double gameweek last season. Can’t remember though.

Mine flopped last season in the DGW so of course it’s not a sure thing no matter what you decide but personally I will always play the TC on a DGW player rather than a single GW. You’ve effectively got the potential to have a player playing 180 minutes instead of 90 minutes, it might not always work out but I’m always taking those odds over a single game.

Also it’s not just for Haaland either. Salah in a DGW is a great shout. If City are in a tight title race with Arsenal late in the season with no back up striker for Haaland no matter how much of a troll Pep can be you would be surprised not to see Haaland playing both games in a DGW. Same for Salah. Same for any other potentials like Isak or any other emerging players this season.

Personally 2 goals from Haaland on a TC I would see as a poor return. There’s not many people playing the TC chip walking away happy with a two goal return imo. You use this chip to try and get a big return, not 10ish points. Just my opinion though, I’ll always gamble with the chip in a dgw.

Mine flopped last season in the DGW so of course it’s not a sure thing no matter what you decide but personally I will always play the TC on a DGW player rather than a single GW. You’ve effectively got the potential to have a player playing 180 minutes instead of 90 minutes, it might not always work out but I’m always taking those odds over a single game.

Also it’s not just for Haaland either. Salah in a DGW is a great shout. If City are in a tight title race with Arsenal late in the season with no back up striker for Haaland no matter how much of a troll Pep can be you would be surprised not to see Haaland playing both games in a DGW. Same for Salah. Same for any other potentials like Isak or any other emerging players this season.

Personally 2 goals from Haaland on a TC I would see as a poor return. There’s not many people playing the TC chip walking away happy with a two goal return imo. You use this chip to try and get a big return, not 10ish points. Just my opinion though, I’ll always gamble with the chip in a dgw.

Why have I been quoted in here :confused:

I'd like to see some stats on it. I've a feeling that in general chasing DGWs are a complete waste of effort. Personally, I've not got much joy from planning for DGWs.

Glad I put Amad on the bench. Would be surprised if he stays on in the second half.

I'd like to see some stats on it. I've a feeling that in general chasing DGWs are a complete waste of effort. Personally, I've not got much joy from planning for DGWs.

Tbh I don’t go off of stats, I think sometimes too much emphasis is put on stats. To me it’s would I rather play the TC chip on a player playing 90 minutes or 180 minutes. I’m always going with 180 minutes DGW when it’s players like Haaland and Salah who are capable of bagging multiple goals against any team in the league.

This is when having 2 United players is the pits. Conceded and your attacker is having a bit of a flimsy one

Tbh I don’t go off of stats, I think sometimes too much emphasis is put on stats. To me it’s would I rather play the TC chip on a player playing 90 minutes or 180 minutes. I’m always going with 180 minutes DGW when it’s players like Haaland and Salah who are capable of bagging multiple goals against any team in the league.

Well what I mean is if statistically Haaland's return in DGWs is not significantly better than a game against bottom half opposition or newly promoted teams, for example, then it's not a good bet.

It's the feeling that I have that Haaland in a DGW has historically been a waste of a TC so I'd be interested to know if it's actually been the case.

Benching Amad was a fantastic decision. I get to spend an hour smug about how smart I am to predict a stinker, then feel elated that I was absolutely wrong!