Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Early early first draft:

Raya
Stones - Robertson - Porro - Cash
Salah - Bruno - Saka - Palmer
Watkins - J.Pedro

Bench: Turner, Harwood-Bellis, Winks, Chiwome.

First draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Mykolenko
Saka, Foden, Palmer, Nkunku, Eze
Isaak, Solanke

Subs: Turner, Joao Pedro, Martinez, Davis

Feels weird not having one of Salah or Haaland (mainly as safe captain choices) so I'm sure I'll bring one of them in by the end but I won't be tinkering until close to the start of the season.

1st Haaland draft:

Flekken
Mykolenko, Konsa, Andersen
B. Fernandes, Palmer, Gordon, Eze
Haaland, Watkins, Havertz

Subs: fodder

First Draft:

Martinez
Trent
- L. Martinez - Burn
Son - De Bruyne - Nkunku - Saka
Isak - Watkins - Darwin

OR

Sanchez
Robertson
- L. Martinez - Burn
Salah - De Bruyne - Nkunku - Saka - Maddison
Isak - Watkins
Second Draft: Got in both Haaland and Salah:

Sanchez
Van de Ven - Shaw - Burn
Eze - Salah - Odegaard - Nkunku - Maddison
Toney - Haaland

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein

First draft:

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Mykolenko
Saka, Foden, Palmer, Nkunku, Eze
Isaak, Solanke

Subs: Turner, Joao Pedro, Martinez, Davis

Feels weird not having one of Salah or Haaland (mainly as safe captain choices) so I'm sure I'll bring one of them in by the end but I won't be tinkering until close to the start of the season.
Not sure about Trent, given price (and rumours of Madrid). Average bench?

First draft, not a long term side, just initial squad based on early fixtures. Need to look at which two GKs can cross for a good fixture run (Gw 1-10)

After their previous seasons, you would never have imagined the last 12 months for Rashford/Martinelli/Nkunku

It makes me want to gamble on all 3 and have both Haaland and Salah. If even 2 of the 3 popped off, you could be flying.

Sanchez
Van de Ven - Shaw - Burn
Toney - Haaland

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein
That team is not gonna do well at the start. Maddison is a joke (I held him for the second half of last season and he got me like 2 small returns) and then you look at Spurs/Brentford opening fixtures... Looks bleak. You're previous iterations are better. I can understand having one of Haaland or Salah but not both.
Not sure about Trent, given price (and rumours of Madrid). Average bench?

First draft, not a long term side, just initial squad based on early fixtures. Need to look at which two GKs can cross for a good fixture run (Gw 1-10)

Yeah, I might, no, I will change stuff later to bring in one of Salah or Haaland and TAA will be the first to go. Bench for me are players that play but not needed for first team unless injuries etc. I think Licha and Pedro are fine. Davis can easily become Konsa but I like Davis attacking threat.

Your team looks decent but too much stock in United. Don't do it man :lol:

Also, didn't Turner lose his place back end of last season? I might be thinking of someone else though but have a look.

Sanchez
Van de Ven - Shaw - Burn
Toney - Haaland

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein

Lots to like.
Feels like Haaland at 15m is a bit too strong this year. However there no doubt be weeks he smashes it utterly ruining everyone without him.

Everyone is on Nkunko. Based off very little shown for Chelsea so far.

Isak and Watkins feel a strong two striker options. Neither feel that safe a captain option though.
That's the one big draw back of the no Salah and Haaland route.
Although both weren't as strong as expected last season.

First draft.

Areola
Gvardiol Shaw Romero
Foden Palmer Odegaard Gordon
Watkins Hojlund Isak

Subs: Neto, Henry, Mainoo, Robinson​

That team is not gonna do well at the start. Maddison is a joke (I held him for the second half of last season and he got me like 2 small returns) and then you look at Spurs/Brentford opening fixtures... Looks bleak.
Maddison was excellent before the injury though, so he's absolutely no joke. If Spurs keep playing the way the did last year, which I guess they wilol, Maddison could very well be excellent value for money.

Going without Haaland seems a bit mad on first sight. You’d have to have a captain option almost every game capable of getting a hattrick imo.

Maddison was excellent before the injury though, so he's absolutely no joke. If Spurs keep playing the way the did last year, which I guess they wilol, Maddison could very well be excellent value for money.

Over a certain spell of the season, or as a whole across the season, maybe.

But Spurs' first six games are Leicester, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal, Brentford and United. Is that likely to be the run in which he's excellent value for money? There are probably around 15 other teams in the league with an easier first six games.

Going without Haaland seems a bit mad on first sight. You’d have to have a captain option almost every game capable of getting a hattrick imo.

I don’t think it’s every game, for example, I would be quite content going without him against the likes of Arsenal or even Liverpool/a more organized United/Chelsea. There are players in the game at 60% of the price who got more points last season. Logic says his price is way too much and he shouldn’t be considered.

Even the captaincy will be ok most of the time. I will captain Isak over him in GW1, for example. The issue is those easy home games. Even at his clumsy and more erratic last season, he is still capable of 3-4 goals against them at home.

I think bigger teams with strong/athletic defenders can handle him ok now, the problem is getting him back in for those games when he could go nuclear.

I don’t think it’s every game, for example, I would be quite content going without him against the likes of Arsenal or even Liverpool/a more organized United/Chelsea. There are players in the game at 60% of the price who got more points last season. Logic says his price is way too much and he shouldn’t be considered.

Even the captaincy will be ok most of the time. I will captain Isak over him in GW1, for example. The issue is those easy home games. Even at his clumsy and more erratic last season, he is still capable of 3-4 goals against them at home.

I think bigger teams with strong/athletic defenders can handle him ok now, the problem is getting him back in for those games when he could go nuclear.
I totally agree with the big teams, but Chelsea could be a very open match. Then you got 4-5 easy fixtures with hattrick potential afterwards.

The 5 free transfers of course changes things, but Id rather be on the frontfoot with Haaland than transfering him in after he’s already bagged a hattrick.

Haaland and Joao Pedro seems like a decent attack if the latter can stay fit and the new manager effect and no europe kicks in. God, I wish United would sign Joao Pedro but that’s another thread.

I totally agree with the big teams, but Chelsea could be a very open match. Then you got 4-5 easy fixtures with hattrick potential afterwards.

The 5 free transfers of course changes things, but Id rather be on the frontfoot with Haaland than transfering him in after he’s already bagged a hattrick.

Haaland and Joao Pedro seems like a decent attack if the latter can stay fit and the new manager effect and no europe kicks in. God, I wish United would sign Joao Pedro but that’s another thread.

Just saw that JP might have broken ribs and didn’t travel with Brighton for tour, so maybe have to find 0,5 from somewhere now

Yeah but if you don’t have Haaland then you have the likes of Isak, Saka, Son, Watkins etc on your team. One of them should have a good fixture. Sure a true captaincy option isn’t there but it’s a more well balanced team.

We have some kind of official draft this year? Like we have redcafe league?

We did a small one last year, I would be up for one, but you would need to limit it to 10 teams at the most. I was at the bottom of a 7 team list and you are picking up some dregs even then.

There was one in the main forum that was chaos and makes it impossible to change team through the season.

We did a small one last year, I would be up for one, but you would need to limit it to 10 teams at the most. I was at the bottom of a 7 team list and you are picking up some dregs even then.

There was one in the main forum that was chaos and makes it impossible to change team through the season.
I won that on main forum.:cool:
Well at least one of them. There were couple of them as i heard.

Not sure why they’d have to get a hattrick every game… Haaland doesn’t?

It’s not Haaland v Watkins (which wasn’t huge last season anyway)… it’s the trade off of having several million extra to spread across 3/4/5 players. If those improvements gain an average of just two points per week per player, that adds up?

Not saying no Haaland is the way to go but I’m starting there with my first draft and seeing how it goes. Especially as I can’t stand him or City.

Can you not do a draft where it snakes? 1-7, then 7 back to 1?

Flekken

Saliba - Burn - Porro

Odegaard - Palmer - Gordon - Rashford

Haaland - Isak - Pedro

First attempt

I won the proper one. You ended up last in that.
That was not the proper one. You even didn't allow me to be in your chat :lol: .
@altodevil had official one:p

Having said that; mods, don't tell me that all my effort in winning a draft doesn't deserve new tag? :angel:

Last edited:
Have a hunch that come the GW1 deadline, most teams will have Haaland and Salah.

Lets see..

I won that on main forum.:cool:
Well at least one of them. There were couple of them as i heard.
I would be up for one with posters who are camped in this thread, it would be fun.

Can you not do a draft where it snakes? 1-7, then 7 back to 1?

Yeah, 7 is fine, even 10 should be ok as a snake, but any bigger and your first and best pick is probably a Gordon or a Solanke, and by the time is comes back to you again, you are looking at squad players already.

It is easy this year.
Sanchez
Dalot, Gvardiol, Trent
Salah, Bruno, Maddison, Nkunku
Toney, Ollie, Isak

Turner, Lisandro, Soucek, Bellis

I will change it couple of times (of course) but it is more or less that.
I do love this attack

It is easy this year.
Sanchez
Dalot, Gvardiol, Trent
Salah, Bruno, Maddison, Nkunku
Toney, Ollie, Isak

Turner, Lisandro, Soucek, Bellis

I will change it couple of times (of course) but it is more or less that.
I do love this attack

I don’t know if I would say easy. Toney and Maddison looked horrendous last season, Bruno hasn’t gotten big points since his debut season, Nkunku hasn’t proved his fitness and no City attack for Ipswich at home!

I don’t know if I would say easy. Toney and Maddison looked horrendous last season, Bruno hasn’t gotten big points since his debut season, Nkunku hasn’t proved his fitness and no City attack for Ipswich at home!
I fully trust in Maddison and Bruno. With City issue i agree. I think that i will need to find place for Foden.

I fully trust in Maddison and Bruno. With City issue i agree. I think that i will need to find place for Foden.
You also have zero Arsenal coverage, who had one of the best defences last year as well as a great attack.

I might try 3 drafts (Haaland draft, Salah draft, neither draft) and see what feels comfortable.