Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Mateta and Toney 7.5m. Mateta overpriced for me.
Yea Mateta at 7.5m is ridiculous. He only started scoring since Glasner joined, before that he was utter pants. Seems like they are overrating CP a lot.

Mateta and Toney 7.5m. Mateta overpriced for me.

Toney will bew interesting in lots of ways. Returned from his ban in good form but then went 12 PL appearances without a goal and was benched at one point. They said he was injured but I don't know. Decent chance of him moving too with 1 year left on his contract - might end up in rotation at a bigger club rather than starting every week.

If he does go I think Mbuemo gets the pens for Brentford. Last season he missed a fair chunk of time out injured so hopefully his price doesn't jump too much or at all. Could be a good pick up.

Having seen the success people in my league had last year swerving Haaland, at 15m this year he probably is a miss.

Especially when you'll be able to cram in a tasty mid and good strikers without him.

Good to see them bumping the prices - it creates a more tactical game. Felt last year people could go far just by sheer luck. Everybody could get every player they wanted basically.

Yeah Chelsea wont get as many penalties this season, but who knows if they buy a decent striker who actually scores on all the stuff Palmer creates.

My thinking as well, so not sure if Palmer will be worth 10.5 this season. Didn't he score like 9 or 10 pen goals? Remove those and he's under 200pts. Yes I know pens are part of the game, but the amount he/Chelsea got is not normal.

Don't think I would've gone for the pen merchant even at 9m. 10.5m is a complete no go.

The thing with Palmer and pens is that I held off him for a good while, thinking they'd already had more than theirr fair share of pens fairly early in the season yet they just kept coming. Logic was already dictating that it was unsustainable yet they continued to defy it so never say never I suppose.

Looking at understat, individually he had was one of the biggest overperforemers in the league for goals vs xG so that may well drop off too. Foden had an absolutely mental season in that respect, and it was only him, Olise and Hudson-Odoi who did better vs. their respective xG in the entire league. Perhaps time will tell he's a special finisher but it's difficult to bank on him not regressing to the norm.

Perhaps there was something they were doing tactically that just happened to get them loads of pens last season above and beyond variance? Could be different under the new coach too.

Still, he did score 9 pens from their total of 12. Must have been off the pitch for some or gave up 3 to teammates? I remember that one he didn't give up when they were literally fighting over it. 9 again wouldn't be that out of the ordinary if he took them all. City and Arsenal received 10 last season, Liverpool and Newcastle 9.

Last edited:
Maatsen at 5 could be good if he is nailed. Or could go safe and save 0.5 with Konsa

Makes you wonder what Saka and Foden will be, guessing the same
They will be definitely. Haaland at 15m, Salah at 12.5m and these goal scoring midfielders close to 11m means we can't have all of them in at the same time like previously. Which also means transferring them in or out is going to be a pain in the ass.

Actually missed this thread/game last season. Started a business and my season just tanked and fell away, missing deadlines and the like.

Haaland is great news because it was making the game so dull and I wanted an excuse to have as little to do with City as possible!

The big thing the game needed was forcing decisions to be made on big players. Palmer’s price is great, Watkins not so much. Nkunku is surely straight in at that price.

The thing with Palmer and pens is that I held off him for a good while, thinking they'd already had more than theirr fair share of pens fairly early in the season yet they just kept coming. Logic was already dictating that it was unsustainable yet they continued to defy it so never say never I suppose.

Looking at understat, individually he had was one of the biggest overperforemers in the league for goals vs xG so that may well drop off too. Foden had an absolutely mental season in that respect, and it was only him, Olise and Hudson-Odoi who did better vs. their respective xG in the entire league. Perhaps time will tell he's a special finisher but it's difficult to bank on him not regressing to the norm.

Perhaps there was something they were doing tactically that just happened to get them loads of pens last season above and beyond variance? Could be different under the new coach too.

Still, he did score 9 pens from their total of 12. Must have been off the pitch for some or gave up 3 to teammates? I remember that one he didn't give up when they were literally fighting over it. 9 again wouldn't be that out of the ordinary if he took them all. City and Arsenal received 10 last season, Liverpool and Newcastle 9.

To me he (and his overperformance of xG) reminds me of Son. I think he was also priced similar when he was peaking, so I think Palmer is a viable option if they have a decent fixture run and/or you got an easy route to get him in and out.

Note for newcomers of the game: I know you’ll consider Reece James at some point. Maybe even numerous times during the season. He will always let you down. Mark my words.

The game was out by the 6th July last year, so a fair bit later. Obviously a summer tournament this year slows it.

But assume we're mere days away now.

Rashford at 7m, Licha at 4.5m and Bruno at 8.5m are very tempting. Am I really going to be suckered into starting the season with United assets again. :lol: :nervous:

Rashford at 7m, Licha at 4.5m and Bruno at 8.5m are very tempting. Am I really going to be suckered into starting the season with United assets again. :lol: :nervous:

Starting and staying for ages, with Rashy, Onana and Bruno killed me last year .

Martinez as a rotational option at 4.5m is good value though. A starter at a big team for cheap.

Let's see how goalscoring threat defenders come out though.

Saliba/Gabriel, TAA and one other goal threat could work.
Especially If not going down the 15m Haaland route.

Starting and staying for ages, with Rashy, Onana and Bruno killed me last year .

Martinez as a rotational option at 4.5m is good value though. A starter at a big team for cheap.

Let's see how goalscoring threat defenders come out though.

Saliba/Gabriel, TAA and one other goal threat could work.
Especially If not going down the 15m Haaland route.

Same for me with Onana, Rashford and the Chelsea guys. Had to waste a wildcard very early because of that.

Martinez is insane value though and would be in a lot of teams as he's a great rotational option like you said.

Shows you how bad we were as a team last year. Our best CB, our best winger and our highest paid player for 4 million more than Haaland!

If things are different this year, there is an amazing amount of value there. I think Garnacho and Martinez will start at those prices and we see how we go.

Martinez at 4.5 feels really cheap, but I guess they’ve taken into account his injuries, the fact he’s not much of a goal threat and we conceded a lot last season. I’ll need to see the fixtures first and other options to see if I want to start with United defender. Bruno at 8.5 being on penalties and one of the main attacking threats looks great and I’m pretty sure he will be the template pick.

Newcastle have signed Lloyd Kelly though, worth noting, as I can’t see him not playing and they have no Europe.

Is Lloyd Kelly really better than Burn though? Burn has been pretty solid.

Do we know if he’s bought to be in front of Burn in the pecking order? Could also be a decent paycheck for Kelly to be a backup.

Martinez at 4.5 feels really cheap, but I guess they’ve taken into account his injuries, the fact he’s not much of a goal threat and we conceded a lot last season. I’ll need to see the fixtures first and other options to see if I want to start with United defender. Bruno at 8.5 being on penalties and one of the main attacking threats looks great and I’m pretty sure he will be the template pick.
Liverpool, Villa, Newcastle look decent in the early weeks. No one has an easy six games or so really (Chelsea?)

Isak-Toney-Watkins. feck Haaland.
Kdb and Foden same price. That will be tricky to pick.

Isak-Toney-Watkins. feck Haaland.
Kdb and Foden same price. That will be tricky to pick.

No doubt KDB will have his hauls, but it seems like he misses a lot more games these days, and Foden has finally become a must start regular.