Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

You also have zero Arsenal coverage, who had one of the best defences last year as well as a great attack.

I might try 3 drafts (Haaland draft, Salah draft, neither draft) and see what feels comfortable.
I just realised that. So i have Raya now. Who needs bench, anyway. Winks and Faes will do the job :lol:

I fully trust in Maddison and Bruno. With City issue i agree. I think that i will need to find place for Foden.

I can get with the Maddison punt, even though Johnson is possibly a better Spurs bet for 1 mil less, but I just think there are so many options under Bruno that can match him for points. That sole 200 points season is back in 2020/21 now. 8,5 seems like a lot for what he has given in the last 3 seasons.

I can’t get away from Palmer, there is just something special about him. He feels like he is destined for big things and also feels fixture proof. He is a lock for me and have deleted any drafts without him.

If Nkunku kicks off, it will be as a +, not a rep for me.

Pricing feels so much better this year. It also makes me thing that the mystery chip will be limitless. There is no chance of having all the premiums without it.

Verbruggen
Mykolenko Porro Anderson
Gibbs-White Gordon Bruno Rogers Salah
Haaland Havertz

Subs: Areola, Barco, Lima, Pedro.

Yeah but if you don’t have Haaland then you have the likes of Isak, Saka, Son, Watkins etc on your team. One of them should have a good fixture. Sure a true captaincy option isn’t there but it’s a more well balanced team.
Yeah but you’d have to plan each week to see who has a really good fixture for captaining in each. Not saying it’s impossible. But it’s sometimes easier to go from a high value player and then transfer down because everyone will be accessible. On the other hand, with 5 free transfers, Haaland is easy to get to.

Id always start the season in a safe way however. Conservative strategy and a bit template, as you wont make desperate decisions to make up for it if you’re only 50 instead of 100 points behind from the beginning.

I just don’t see any safe howlers except for Haaland. Saka’s been half injured and played way too much. An aging Salah under a new manager. Except for Haaland, Gordon and Isak are the next two preferable and safe players on my teamsheet.

Definitely starting with Haaland with City's easy start to the season. There's enough decent enough ~7m midfielders to make it viable and still have Isak up top too.

Currently gone with:

Verbruggen/Petrovic
Porro, Martinez, Maatsen
Bruno, Jota, Eze, Rashford,
Haaland, Isak

Subs:
Davis, Fodder, Muniz

Admittedly will probably live to regret the above statement and apologise in advance for Bruno and Rashford being terrible.

It’s more about deciding on the structure of the team rather than particular players now. I am definitely going without Haaland and Salah, that’s not even something that is in consideration. I have locked down a few basic rules already: Raya will be my GK for full season, I will play with three strikers in the 7.5-9.0 range, my defense will be two premiums (6.0+), two mid-tier choices (4.5-5.0) and a fodder and in midfield I will have one fodder, two premiums (9.5-10.5) and two mid-tier choices that however need to be key for their teams and guaranteed starters (7.0-8.5).

Currently this works out as:

Raya Lis
Robertson Gvardiol Munoz Martinez THB
Saka Foden Bruno Eze Winks
Watkins Isak Toney

This will make in-season switching easy, allow me to bank transfers with 1 viable option off bench.

I have a bit of an issue with midfield though with there being too many options. Saka, Son, Foden and Palmer to choose from for tier 1, then Bruno, Eze, Bowen, Gordon, Odegaard, even Garnacho and Bailey for tier 2…

Defense is relatively straightforward as it’s basically one from Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United, and one super offensive punt in tier 2 for now. Similarly attack is basically locking Watkins and Isak, and just picking between Toney and Solanke for the third one.

It's crap to be honest, just wanted a place holder to see what sort of prices you could fit.

Verbruggen, Turner
Cucurella, Saliba, Dalot, Robertson, Maatsen
Salah, Odegaard, Bruno, Nkuku, Maddison
Isak, J. Pedro, Hojulnd
Well it’s not crap.

I had Turner and someone said may be out/lost place?

Pedro injured apparently?

Defence is strong.

I have three United players in first draft too…. it’d be nice to have a season when not fully reliant on just city and Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea doing well

Does anyone like Jamie Vardy as a cheap throwback pick? I know he's half the player he was at his peak but his stats for last season looked decent and he knows the prem. Worth a punt at 5.5 if I use the money wisely elsewhere?

Lavia is coming straight into my team for 4.5! Chelsea surely play him when he is fit considering the money they spent on him!

Well it’s not crap.

I had Turner and someone said may be out/lost place?

Pedro injured apparently?

Defence is strong.

I have three United players in first draft too…. it’d be nice to have a season when not fully reliant on just city and Liverpool and Arsenal and Chelsea doing well
They are the reasons I said it was crap, not really considered injuries or anything yet, just a placeholder to change on the eve of the season when injuries become clearer and starting 11s can be predicted based off preseason.

5 Years playing this and i still don't know is it better to go with complete dross on the bench or have a good bench (which damages first 11 quality).

Neither? Eze over Rashford until
Rashy can prove himself. Too many options in Pools attack other than Salah.
Only Salah is a nailed starter. Rotation risk about all others. I would go with Nunez but just too many options there.

Ok, I think one of these 3 drafts is where I'll end up (obviously will adjust depending on preseason and transfers etc):

Sanchez
Gabriel, Mykolenko, Licha
Odegaard, Nkunku, Palmer, Eze Kudus
Haaland, Isaak

Subs: Turner, Pedro, Van De Ven, Faes
I like the flexibility this gives as it's always easy to get rid of Haaland. It's nice to also have an explosive player (with great fixtures) to have as a captain option every week. No headaches. With that said, there are compromises elsewhere such as Odegaard over Saka as well as a pretty weak defence and a 4.0 bench option.

Sanchez
Saka, Nkunku, Palmer, Eze Salah
Solanke, Isaak

Similar to Haaland draft in terms of weak defence and 4.0 bench option but like that draft, can easily remove Salah. No attacking City coverage is scary. The midfield looks sexy. Salah is a great captain option. Saka over Odegaard is a plus.

Sanchez
Gabriel, Mykolenko, TAA
Saka, Nkunku, Palmer, Eze Foden
Solanke, Isaak

Subs: Turner, Pedro, Van De Ven, Licha
Nice balance across all areas, TAA can also be a great differential if he finds his old form. Foden can be a fantastic alternative to Haaland if he keeps his form from last season. The big issue is flexibility. It's hard to go to Salah/Haaland if they start strong.

Overall, it's a tough choice. I like the look of the Salah draft but can't go without City attacking cover so it'll probably be between the other two drafts.

Ok, I think one of these 3 drafts is where I'll end up (obviously will adjust depending on preseason and transfers etc):

Sanchez
Haaland, Isaak

I like the flexibility this gives as it's always easy to get rid of Haaland. It's nice to also have an explosive player (with great fixtures) to have as a captain option every week. No headaches. With that said, there are compromises elsewhere such as Odegaard over Saka as well as a pretty weak defence and a 4.0 bench option.

Sanchez
Solanke, Isaak

Similar to Haaland draft in terms of weak defence and 4.0 bench option but like that draft, can easily remove Salah. No attacking City coverage is scary. The midfield looks sexy. Salah is a great captain option. Saka over Odegaard is a plus.

Sanchez
Gabriel, Mykolenko, TAA
Solanke, Isaak

Nice balance across all areas, TAA can also be a great differential if he finds his old form. Foden can be a fantastic alternative to Haaland if he keeps his form from last season. The big issue is flexibility. It's hard to go to Salah/Haaland if they start strong.

Overall, it's a tough choice. I like the look of the Salah draft but can't go without City attacking cover so it'll probably be between the other two drafts.
Salah draft is way the best. Although, i would put Ollie instead Solanke there. Just replace Saka with Odegaard or Bruno.

People are moaning way too much about "no City attack" imo. It is basically Foden. You have him or not. If you do, you don't have Saka or Salah.
Also, that can be said about City defence, Liverpool defence (excellent schedule), etc...

I think i found a perfect balance. Gk and 3 defenders who bring points, Salah and two near premiums in midfield and attacking trio.
Must say i am very happy with this.

Raya
VIrgil, Gvardiol, Dalot
Bruno, Odegaard, Kudus, Salah
Poor man's Haaland ( :angel: ), Ollie, Isak

Turner, Burn,Faes, Winks

I think i found a perfect balance. Gk and 3 defenders who bring points, Salah and two near premiums in midfield and attacking trio.
Must say i am very happy with this.

Raya
VIrgil, Gvardiol, Dalot
Bruno, Odegaard, Kudus, Salah
Poor man's Haaland ( :angel: ), Ollie, Isak

Turner, Burn,Faes, Winks
Keep it then :+1: one less team for us to worry about

Sanchez
Haaland, Isaak

Sanchez
Solanke, Isaak

Sanchez
Gabriel, Mykolenko, TAA
Solanke, Isaak

Not sure I like one of those particularly over the others (though not a Solanke fan personally), but re your point on weaker defence. I was reading a post on the FPL site about BPS and one guy saying it favours forwards more this season.

What’s the Mykolenko love for? Not saying he’s bad, just wondered reason as not considered him.

Not sure I like one of those particularly over the others (though not a Solanke fan personally), but re your point on weaker defence. I was reading a post on the FPL site about BPS and one guy saying it favours forwards more this season.

What’s the Mykolenko love for? Not saying he’s bad, just wondered reason as not considered him.
Ahh yeah the bps system has changed hasn't it?

Solanke isn't that great in my opinion but Bournemouth have improved and he's their main man and on pens. Dunno who is a better option at that price or below...

Mykolenko... Everton had decent defensive numbers, he's attacking and pretty cheap.

Does that mean that defenders are losing some bonus points?

The shots thing is weird. Have seen a few influencers already give examples (if so and so has 4/5 shots that game…)

There are only about 10 players in the league with more shots on target than starts last season. It’s a minuscule change and just gives the slightest of edges to those premium players in the bonus.

A good rule of thumb is to imagine good strikers getting a shot on target per game (ie hardly moving the needle in bonus). Only the premiums (and Darwin) has more than that, and it’s about 10-15 more over the whole season (again, not the needle mover people seem to think it will be)

It’s more about deciding on the structure of the team rather than particular players now. I am definitely going without Haaland and Salah, that’s not even something that is in consideration. I have locked down a few basic rules already: Raya will be my GK for full season, I will play with three strikers in the 7.5-9.0 range, my defense will be two premiums (6.0+), two mid-tier choices (4.5-5.0) and a fodder and in midfield I will have one fodder, two premiums (9.5-10.5) and two mid-tier choices that however need to be key for their teams and guaranteed starters (7.0-8.5).

Currently this works out as:

Raya Lis
Robertson Gvardiol Munoz Martinez THB
Saka Foden Bruno Eze Winks
Watkins Isak Toney

This will make in-season switching easy, allow me to bank transfers with 1 viable option off bench.

I have a bit of an issue with midfield though with there being too many options. Saka, Son, Foden and Palmer to choose from for tier 1, then Bruno, Eze, Bowen, Gordon, Odegaard, even Garnacho and Bailey for tier 2…

Defense is relatively straightforward as it’s basically one from Liverpool, City, Arsenal and United, and one super offensive punt in tier 2 for now. Similarly attack is basically locking Watkins and Isak, and just picking between Toney and Solanke for the third one.

This all sounds far too sensible...I'm in.

Verbruggen
Van de Ven Dalot Mykolenko
Gordon Bruno Odegaard Nkunko
Isak Watkins Haaland

Subs: Sachez Burn Davies Yarmoulik

Any thoughs on this draft and how I can improve it please?

Isnt Verbruggen injured?

Considering Amad myself at 5. Could be a steal

Know it’s early days, but Liverpool midfielders look relatively well priced plus have <10% ownership (bar Salah, who is over priced and on 33%).

Out of Jota and Diaz, are either nailed on starters?

Know it’s early days, but Liverpool midfielders look relatively well priced plus have <10% ownership (bar Salah, who is over priced and on 33%).

Out of Jota and Diaz, are either nailed on starters?

Yeah I was just pondering the same thing. Haaland and Salah feels like it takes up too much of your budget and I'd rather have the Yeti. In fact I'll probably go with a front 3 of Haaland, Watkins and Isak and captain the Newcastle striker in gw1. That rules out Gakpo as an option so I guess Diaz and Jota come into the equation. Have to keep an eye on pre season.

Would Amad be an idiotic pick? Genuinely looks like he could be a starter.
He may not be bad as a fun punt if you have safer picks around him, but I'm still expecting Garnacho and Rashford to start the season. I've got Rogers from Villa in that spot at the moment, feel like there's a bit more assurance of minutes with him.

Does that mean that defenders are losing some bonus points?
They will lose 4 base bonus points for every goal conceded, Where Tripper had that run of games where he kept getting 2/3 Bonus points despite Newcastle conceding 1 or 2 goals, under the new system he would be getting 1 at most.

Isnt Verbruggen injured?

Considering Amad myself at 5. Could be a steal
Thanks, didn't know that.

Flekken
Van de Ven Dalot Mykolenko
Diaz Bruno Odegaard Nkunko
Isak(c) Watkins Haaland(v)

Subs: Sachez Burn Davies Yarmoulik

Went with Diaz instead Gordon because his ownership is about 7%, could be a good differential early on!