Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Interesting changes. Five transfers is a welcome change. Would’ve loved to see points scored for ball recoveries similar to Euro Fantasy. And the ability to switch captains or make subs.

Meh I really hoped for the ball recoveries. Rolling the transfers isn’t very sexy and I don’t know how often you’ll be left with 5 FT. And why is the mystery chip only available from January?

Meh I really hoped for the ball recoveries. Rolling the transfers isn’t very sexy and I don’t know how often you’ll be left with 5 FT. And why is the mystery chip only available from January?
Yeah I really wanted ball recoveries to become a thing on FPL as well.

I love the 5 FTs, I have usually tried to have a deep team and this works perfectly with that strategy as you are less inclined to make changes every week.

10 pts for a keeper scoring a goal.

For all the 3 times it's happened, they could put it to 100 and it wouldn't make a difference.

5 transfers seems extreme.
Should have been increased from 2 up to 3.
I don't think it's extreme, it will be hard to roll so many of those transfers, although a more important change IMO is that now you will not lose your FTs when playing free hit/WC, I'm pretty sure it was a bug, nothing intended, and it's good they fixed it

So, not today? Bastards are late this year.

Yeah wasn't last years start in the beginning of July?

Would the new changes be taking this long to implement? The Caf got a dark mode installed before lunchtime like.

Yep, 5 transfers seems to help the casuals more than it does the serious player.
It's the opposite of "planning" as they suggest. More like leaving it for a month then having a get out of jail card.

Yeah wasn't last years start in the beginning of July?

Would the new changes be taking this long to implement? The Caf got a dark mode installed before lunchtime like.
Yep think it was about the 7th looking at my email out to my league.
Will just make it more hassle beckoning everyone in over 10 days fewer!

You'd need to put in some fairly serious planning to build up 5 transfers while maintaining a decent score.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/3568527

It was actually the 5th! That's a crazy difference from one year to the next.
Makes sense. Probably gave myself a day or 2 to sort my own team and mail out.

I know we had a summer tournie, but still.

One guy never bothered confirming how he wanted his £50 from my league last year despite 2 separate emails. So I'm keeping it and comfortable with my decision!

Shouldn't have to chase someone to give them money should you.

Makes sense. Probably gave myself a day or 2 to sort my own team and mail out.

I know we had a summer tournie, but still.

One guy never bothered confirming how he wanted his £50 from my league last year despite 2 separate emails. So I'm keeping it and comfortable with my decision!

Shouldn't have to chase someone to give them money should you.

2 emails is more than enough chasing.

5 free transfers seems like overkill, 3 would’ve been perfect imo.

The chip planning is going to be intense with 5 fecking transfers. I can barely get by with planning for two transfers ahead of time. The only case where I feel the need for saving up transfers is right after the WC. And even then 3 would be plenty, there's usually something that comes up in 3GW.

You have to chase price rises early on in the season so I don't see anyone storing up 5 transfers in the first 5 GW. I think first WC (~ second international break based on past history) is the first chance I'll have to use this.

5FT is definitely to keep casual managers engaged, and those who forget their team for a month. There are always going to changes like that so more people are using the app and playing the game.

I feel like going with a 15 strong squad and trying to build up those 4-5FT at the start of the game would be a tremendous safety net.

When you consider that you might only change 7-8 players on a wildcard, it’s almost as if you have another one in the bag!

5FT is definitely to keep casual managers engaged, and those who forget their team for a month. There are always going to changes like that so more people are using the app and playing the game.

I feel like going with a 15 strong squad and trying to build up those 4-5FT at the start of the game would be a tremendous safety net.

When you consider that you might only change 7-8 players on a wildcard, it’s almost as if you have another one in the bag!

I can already imagine people taking -8 to make 7 transfers because there's 2 extra games involving gubbers like Everton, Southampton and whoever else came up

I can already imagine people taking -8 to make 7 transfers because there's 2 extra games involving gubbers like Everton, Southampton and whoever else came up

You just know there will be some insanity coming from it! :lol:

:lol: that would definitely me at least once this season cause I don’t wanna use a wildcard.

5 seems too much - the issue with the game is that everybody can get any player too easily.

I love the 5 FTs, I have usually tried to have a deep team and this works perfectly with that strategy as you are less inclined to make changes every week.

I sometimes used to make changes for the sake of making changes because I felt pressure to use the free transfer before it disappears forever. It's pretty neat that I can pile them up now to make more meaningful changes than just marginal changes.

Too many times I was left with choice of taking a 4 point hit or just forgoing make a change at all because I need to make one or two extra moves elsewhere in the team to afford the specific player I want.

Holding 5 Free transfers is insane :eek:

Definitely with a view to keep the more casual manager active and reignite dead teams.

3-4 FTs would have been better.

On the flip side, it will probably lead to greater variety and less template squads.

The 'mystery chip' being announced in Jan is so odd.

I bet FPL doesn't actually know what it is yet:lol:

Game Updating​

Fantasy Premier League is currently being updated, please try again later

How long does this normally last? Launch today?

So they’ve been “updating” for more than 3 hours. Do they have 3rd graders doing their IT work?
Cut them some slack dude. Deploying something into production(real world here with millions of users, not their test environment where they have probably like 10 users) actually takes a lot of time. :lol:

Cut them some slack dude. Deploying something into production(real world here with millions of users, not their test environment where they have probably like 10 users) actually takes a lot of time. :lol:
They had 2 months to update everything. Also no need to say anything until update is actually done and they are ready to launch.