Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Today so far.

Flekken
Gvardiol Saliba Maatsen
Palmer Saka Garnacho Odegaard
Isak Watkins Solanke

Subs: Ruddy,Barco,Andersen,Mainoo
Still tempted to opt for Muniz and trade up Garnacho in midfield.

Solanke to spurs would sort a lot of my problems out:

Flekken
TAA, Mykolenko, Andersen
Saka, Nkunku, Eze, Rashford
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vla, ESR, Guehi, Faes

It allows me to cover most teams and also players in various price points for flexibility.

Issue with Solanke is, that he might not start GW1... you'd want Spurs asset that play those first 2-3 GWs.

But he's on my radar without a doubt, currently have Porro and Son. Might downgrade Porro, because with him is all about attacking returns and not CS.

I have Watkins and Isak as well as Wissa as back up. Should I swap Solanke for either of the main ones? Isak's numbers were on a par with Solanke last season, despite appearing to be out injured half the season.

Maybe I should make changes elsewhere so that I can replace Wissa with Solanke, now he's moving to Spurs.

Will need to downgrade the midfield to get Solanke. Also, it would mean playing 3 FW in every GW possible.

Currently

Salah Odegaard Nkunku Bailey Winks
Haaland Isak Pedro

with 0.5 ITB

Can see Haaland Isak and Solanke quickly becoming the template attack.

Question is can you have those 3 plus Salah and a rounded squad? Hmmmm....

Raya (Fabianksi)
Gvardiol Quansah Hall/Livra/Guehi (Robinson) (£4m)
Nkunku Salah Eze CHO (Winks)
Haaland Solanke Isak

Struggle to get any Arsenal attack in there. Could squeeze in Odegaard at a push by downgrading Raya, a defender and upgrading Eze. Always difficult to pinpoint where the Arsenal attacking points will come from though unlike other teams so you probably wouldn't want to go there for captaincy often, especially when you've got Haaland and Salah anyway.

Edit: This is growing on me. Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Newcastle defence (need to pinpoint the best £4.5m option which might be Guehi when he moves). A potentially underpriced Nkunku, the 2 best captain options and potentially 4/5 pen takers.

Can see Haaland Isak and Solanke quickly becoming the template attack.

Question is can you have those 3 plus Salah and a rounded squad? Hmmmm....

Raya (Fabianksi)
Gvardiol Quansah Hall/Livra/Guehi (Robinson) (£4m)
Nkunku Salah Eze CHO (Winks)
Haaland Solanke Isak

Struggle to get any Arsenal attack in there. Could squeeze in Odegaard at a push by downgrading Raya, a defender and upgrading Eze. Always difficult to pinpoint where the Arsenal attacking points will come from though unlike other teams so you probably wouldn't want to go there for captaincy often, especially when you've got Haaland and Salah anyway.

Edit: This is growing on me. Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Newcastle defence (need to pinpoint the best £4.5m option which might be Guehi when he moves). A potentially underpriced Nkunku, the 2 best captain options and potentially 4/5 pen takers.
Same issue with my Haaland Isak Solanke front 3, any injury to the front 7 is an automatic transfer. With your team you could downgrade Raya which would give you the money to upgrade Winks to Rodgers or Smith-Rowe.

With me it’s a choice between Rodgers, Muniz and Nkunku or CHO, Solanke and Winks

Solanke to Spurs changes things a bit for me. I was pretty set on Haaland, Watkins, Isak front 3. Ofcourse the midfield sucked a bit but Solanke at 7.5 for a top 6 team is appealing. I can spend the remaining 1/1.5m to upgrade my midfield. :confused:

Solanke to Spurs changes things a bit for me. I was pretty set on Haaland, Watkins, Isak front 3. Ofcourse the midfield sucked a bit but Solanke at 7.5 for a top 6 team is appealing. I can spend the remaining 1/1.5m to upgrade my midfield. :confused:
Which one do you drop? I could go Watkins and Rashford out and Solanke and Odegaard in but don't think it's worth it.

Which one do you drop? I could go Watkins and Rashford out and Solanke and Odegaard in but don't think it's worth it.
Yea, that's the problem. All 3 are fixture proof in my eyes. Say I removed Watkins, that extra 1.5m helps me upgrade from Gordon/Eze to Bruno or Odegaard. Or even upgrade the defence where I only have Saliba who is worth above 5m. :lol:

I got:

Pickford
Trippier Gvardiol Trent
Salah KDB Bruno Mainoo
Toney Solanke Isak

Kobbie was really cheap, comes up with the occasional goal and obviously I love him as our golden boy. The strikers have all decent matchups coming up, expecting Trippier and Trent to have good games as well. Everton had quite decent number of goals conceded last year, so I went with Pickford on goal. Fabianski is may reserve like many others here have.

My captain is Salah because they play against Ipswich.

I am kinda not sure about Mainoo - for the same price or lower there is Amad who may well start, also Elanga, Winks, Smith Rowe, McTominay... What do you ,guys, think?

Last edited:
For the first time I tried a Salah/Haaland draft:

Flekken
Gvardiol, Quansah, Mykolenko
Salah, Nkunku, Eze, Rashford
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Winks, Faes, Harwood-Bellis

I don't mind the first 11 but zero Arsenal attackers and a bench that's absolutely useless so would get forced into transfers every time a first teamer gets injured/suspended etc.

For the first time I tried a Salah/Haaland draft:

Flekken
Gvardiol, Quansah, Mykolenko
Salah, Nkunku, Eze, Rashford
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Winks, Faes, Harwood-Bellis

I don't mind the first 11 but zero Arsenal attackers and a bench that's absolutely useless so would get forced into transfers every time a first teamer gets injured/suspended etc.

I think you could forego Rashford, it is more hope than anything else and go for two 5,5s. Diaz, ESR, Mintah all look exciting.

Gives you 0,5 to give yourself a 4th defender too.

Pickford (Vald)
Gvardiol Konsa Andersen (Barco Harwood-Bellis)
Salah Eze Nkunku Bailey (Winks)
Haaland Isak Solanke

Going without Arsenal seems madness and The defense seems a bit too weak.

Pickford (Vald)
Gvardiol Konsa Andersen (Barco Harwood-Bellis)
Salah Eze Nkunku Bailey (Winks)
Haaland Isak Solanke

Going without Arsenal seems madness and The defense seems a bit too weak.
I think you can go the first 5 weeks without anybody from Arsenal.

Haaland/Salah seems like the safe option to start the season, but I really hate my team with both. I don’t think I can do it. Even with Salah, that 2,5 goes such a long way.

I feel like I want to captain isak in GW1 and Haaland GW2 and won’t want to captain Salah in GW3 while watching United game! I guess it all rides on how good/bad Ipswich are.

I might risk Jota for GW1 and see how it goes. I don’t want to move away from de Bruyne. £9,5 for an asset that was always 12+ until an injury and if he stays, he will want to retain his position in the squad and Guardiola will have him closer to goal. It could be a mistake, but I don’t think I can take him out at that price. He feels super premium.

If Gordon joins Liverpool do you still keep him on your team? Seems to me he will be fighting with Darwin, Gakpo, Dias and Jota for two spots.

Haaland/Salah seems like the safe option to start the season, but I really hate my team with both. I don’t think I can do it. Even with Salah, that 2,5 goes such a long way.

I feel like I want to captain isak in GW1 and Haaland GW2 and won’t want to captain Salah in GW3 while watching United game! I guess it all rides on how good/bad Ipswich are.

I might risk Jota for GW1 and see how it goes. I don’t want to move away from de Bruyne. £9,5 for an asset that was always 12+ until an injury and if he stays, he will want to retain his position in the squad and Guardiola will have him closer to goal. It could be a mistake, but I don’t think I can take him out at that price. He feels super premium.
Same here. I don’t have Haaland and the best way to cover their attack without Haaland is KdB to start the season.

Same here. I don’t have Haaland and the best way to cover their attack without Haaland is KdB to start the season.

It just seems like too good a price. It might have been different if the injury was late season and he came back looking a shadow of himself, but he came back with the same numbers he always had.

Those numbers made him a 12.5 mil asset, so I think he is potentially the biggest steal in the game at only 9,5.

It just seems like too good a price. It might have been different if the injury was late season and he came back looking a shadow of himself, but he came back with the same numbers he always had.

Those numbers made him a 12.5 mil asset, so I think he is potentially the biggest steal in the game at only 9,5.
Agreed. I also got Salah and Son along side him so three premiums can help me switch to Saka anytime I want.