Watkins Isak Havertz

Subs: Turner, Andersen, Amad, Barco

Very similar to mine.

Pickford
Saliba Martinez Konsa
Palmer Saka Foden Rashford
Watkins Isak Havertz

Subs: Turner, Andersen, Amad, Barco

I'm not going to win anything anyway, never do. I could swap someone out for a better keeper. But I don't think it's worth it, Flekken was in the top 5 or 6 keepers last year and better than most worth 5m+.

Not sure about Rashford, it's more hope than expectation that has him there, I might swap Solanke for Muniz and put someone else in midfield with the change, Bruno, Odegaard or Gordon and swap Martinez out for Porro or someone else.

Think I'll go with this.

Flekken
Saliba Martinez Gvardiol
Palmer Saka Foden Rashford
Watkins Isak Solanke

Subs: Turner, Andersen, Yarmolluk, Barco​
Foden likely to be rested for the start of the season, that's the only issue I can see, although watch out for Turner as he has such high ownership and won't play, so is likely to go down in value quickly, unless he's sold and gets locked.

Last edited:
We still don't know what (if any) 4.0 mil gk will start? Even these 4.5 mil are not nailed 100%

We still don't know what (if any) 4.0 mil gk will start? Even these 4.5 mil are not nailed 100%
I don't think any will start, it's more a case that if you have one as bench fodder making sure they don't go down in price, so may be worth just picking one with low ownership rather than hoping they'll start. There are a few nailed on 4.5s, which is why so many are going with Flekken or Areola

I don't think any will start, it's more a case that if you have one as bench fodder making sure they don't go down in price, so may be worth just picking one with low ownership rather than hoping they'll start. There are a few nailed on 4.5s, which is why so many are going with Flekken or Areola
I am thinking about Henderson maybe (have Pope right now) but is he nailed no1 while they have Johnstone?

Gordon & Toney or Kudos & Isak?

Both Gordon and Toney are subject of transfer rumors, I would avoid them both until we know better. 2nd option for me. Isak is quality and Kudus could be a nice differential.

Isak and a 6.5m. If you’re going for a 6.5 surely there are better options than Kudus? Bailey, Nkunku and Johnson are all better but I’m guessing you already have one or two of the above?
For 7.0 or 6.5, Eze vs Rashford vs Kudus Vs Bailey?

Plenty of options in that range really. McTominay if he goes to Fulham, Sarr, Elanga.

The questionmark over most of them is minutes.
And good options too. I really think Amad, Elliott and ESR are nailed on starters when they are fit. Even though he had an incredible pre-seasonz I think only Bobb is the one who is going to be a rotation risk just cause he plays for City.

I have not touched my team for the last couple of days, so probably edging closer to finalizing it. I have some dilemma between Andreas and Smith Rowe but otherwise solid:

Pickford
Saliba Gvardiol Maatsen (Robinson Barco)
Salah Gordon CHO Andreas (Amad)
Muniz Haaland Isak

Think I’ll stick with Andreas though ESR’s upside is certainly higher.

Any Newcastle fans here think Lewis Hall starts at LB? He would go straight into my team if that’s the case.

Any love for Bowen this season? West Ham likely to be more attacking now Moyes gone?

Isak and a 6.5m. If you’re going for a 6.5 surely there are better options than Kudus? Bailey, Nkunku and Johnson are all better but I’m guessing you already have one or two of the above?

Actually, I don't have any - absolutely not buying into the Nkunku buzz just yet and have no idea how many minutes Johnson is guaranteed. I also have Porro in already and cannot in good conscience have 2 Spurs players. Bailey could be a shout though.

Zinchenko scored today. Could he be a cheap route into Arsenal's defence? (I know Calafiori will eventually displace him)

Zinchenko scored today. Could he be a cheap route into Arsenal's defence? (I know Calafiori will eventually displace him)

Towards the end of last season Tomiyasu owned the left-back spot despite Zinchenko being back, so I'd say there's a lot of risk involved with picking Zinchenko. Also Timber is back.

TAA and Odegaard or Gvardiol/Robertson and Saka to start the season. Is Saka going to start week 1?

Think I’m set on this:

Pope
Gabriel-White-Trent-Burn (Livra if Trip goes)
Nkunku-Bailey-Salah-Amad/Bobb
Haaland-Isak

Gabriel becomes Gvardiol in gw2.

Might start with Amad, so it’s easier to go from Salah to Foden if necessary. A hit or two doesn’t concern me for the first couple of weeks. Not completely sold on Trent.

Thoughts?

Think I’m set on this:

Pope
Gabriel-White-Trent-Burn (Livra if Trip goes)
Nkunku-Bailey-Salah-Amad/Bobb
Haaland-Isak

Gabriel becomes Gvardiol in gw2.

Might start with Amad, so it’s easier to go from Salah to Foden if necessary. A hit or two doesn’t concern me for the first couple of weeks. Not completely sold on Trent.

Thoughts?
I'll also go for a Salah + Haaland team from the start and have Nkunku, Bailey and Isak in there. Completely different aside from that though.
Generally I don't like playing with more than 3 defenders, so 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 are usually the only options for me. Pope, Gabriel, White and Trent is about as heavy you can get a defense this season and it's clear that you've put all your non Haaland/Salah/Isak chips in them. I guess that means you have a 4,5 mid and attacker on you bench as well? This means that you must rely on Amad/Bobb to do a job and your other mids/atts to start and avoid injuries.
For GW1 I now also lean against a 4-4-2, or if confirmed starting Bobb in for Myko:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah (looks to be #2 behind VVD now), Myko (Barco)
Salah (C), Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (Bobb)
Haaland, Isak (Larsen)
0,5M ITB
3-4-3 from GW2 and forward.

My two budget differentials:
I really believe Larsen can be a gem once the toughest fixtures are out of the way. 13 goals and 3 assists for Celta Vigo in LaLiga last season and 3 assists in 3 games so far preseason (while looking very rusty) bolds well.
If Bobb plays like he has been playing preseason when he gets his chance against us on Saturday and in GW1 it'll be tough for Pep to overlook him. If he becomes a regular starter he's a nobrainer. If he doesn't: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, CHO, Elanga or Murphy is only a click away, or I can downgrade Quansah/Myko to Feas and go to Summerville who I also believe can be a really nice differential (19 goals and 9 assists in the championship for Leeds last season)
Only negative with this draft is 0 Arsenal players

If Solanke is sold, Unal at 5,5 will be a very nice option. Same with Igor Thiago if Toney is sold (2 goals in 45 minutes preseason)

I'll also go for a Salah + Haaland team from the start and have Nkunku, Bailey and Isak in there. Completely different aside from that though.
Generally I don't like playing with more than 3 defenders, so 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 are usually the only options for me. Pope, Gabriel, White and Trent is about as heavy you can get a defense this season and it's clear that you've put all your non Haaland/Salah/Isak chips in them. I guess that means you have a 4,5 mid and attacker on you bench as well? This means that you must rely on Amad/Bobb to do a job and your other mids/atts to start and avoid injuries.
For GW1 I now also lean against a 4-4-2, or if confirmed starting Bobb in for Myko:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah (looks to be #2 behind VVD now), Myko (Barco)
Salah (C), Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (Bobb)
Haaland, Isak (Larsen)
0,5M ITB
3-4-3 from GW2 and forward.

My two budget differentials:
I really believe Larsen can be a gem once the toughest fixtures are out of the way. 13 goals and 3 assists for Celta Vigo in LaLiga last season and 3 assists in 3 games so far preseason (while looking very rusty) bolds well.
If Bobb plays like he has been playing preseason when he gets his chance against us on Saturday and in GW1 it'll be tough for Pep to overlook him. If he becomes a regular starter he's a nobrainer. If he doesn't: Brereton Diaz, Semenyo, CHO, Elanga or Murphy is only a click away, or I can downgrade Quansah/Myko to Feas and go to Summerville who I also believe can be a really nice differential (19 goals and 9 assists in the championship for Leeds last season)
Only negative with this draft is 0 Arsenal players
Cheers. The reasoning behind a heavy hitting defence for me is that they’re all as partly-attacking and almost as owning midfielders (Gvardiol, White) or attackers (Trent). With the exception of Burn, but I hope Trippier goes, so Livramento can come in in the same role.

Bobb is differential, but I don’t see any reason to have him and not play him in gw1. Also possibly blocks an easy move to Foden. He’ll likely be gone or get little minutes come gw3.

He’s a wait and see until Community Shield for me I guess.

I think I’ve decided to go with Salah and Watkins rather than Haaland and Bailey. I am back on the KDB train as a differential and to cover City attack.

Is there a good stats/database site where you can compare players for drafting?

Solanke to Spurs took him into my draft

Current:
Raya (Henderson)
Porro-Gvardiol-Saliba (Barco - Harwood-Bellis)
Saka-Fernandes-Salah (C)-Eze-Amad
Isak-Solanke (Armstrong)

Will most likely change (again) before the day is over, might go with a cheaper keeper (Raya came in today), and wanted a Lpool defender, but TAA is so expensive