Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark

@NotShark
If we made a bid, I'd imagine Fabregas must be open to a move. It'd make no sense otherwise.

Ekeke

It is weird. Way more likely to happen a couple of weeks ago and Thiago would probably have stayed :lol::lol:
Did someone see Thiago left and thought "Ohh Barcelona are selling players, lets see if they'll sell us this one" or something?

NinjaFletch

Nurse is a massive tit, but if he's reporting it now then it's pretty much true that we've made the bid.

The Thiago thread was bad enough but this one could be even more embarrassing. Already got people storming in saying shit like "No back up plan for Thiago! Desperate offer! All lies! Osman and Hibbert!". Every fecking transfer thread has to revert to people thinking they're in the know and trying to get in early with stuff so they can say "I TOLD YOU SO MUPPETS!".

Going to be another transfer thread ruined.
Exactly.

It's a front page breaking news BBC Sport headline. There is no way it makes it onto their website unless they are 100% certain.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
While their is a risk with any transfer you are insane to not want him.

What other CM has reached his levels in the PL in the last 7-8 years?

He is a much better punt that any other CM from abroad because of his proven PL ability.
Because he is a monumental bellend of Rooney proportions....it would be just my luck after patiently waiting 9 years to get rid of rooney for us to sign someone I dislike nearly as much.

Vasey20|13

I'd laugh so hard if this deal went through (i do NOT think it will) for two reasons:

1) People shouting for MoyesOut over the Thiago saga, not realising he wanted someone for a similar price who is already proven and is also world class all along. Same people will be thumbing off chubby's if this happened.
2) It would feck Arsenal fans off so badly. Two of their former captains and only real world class players they've had for the best part of 10 years, now playing for a direct Premier League rival.

Excellent.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
:lol: This will force some of you lot over the brink when it doesn't happen.

The fact that the BBC are reporting is going to put the muppetry through the roof. There was no proof we were even in for Thaigo and look how that went.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Because he is a monumental bellend of Rooney proportions....it would be just my luck after patiently waiting 9 years to get rid of rooney for us to sign someone I dislike nearly as much.

:lol:

NinjaFletch

I'd laugh so hard if this deal went through (i do NOT think it will) for two reasons:

1) People shouting for MoyesOut over the Thiago saga, not realising he wanted someone for a similar price who is already proven and is also world class all along. Same people will be thumbing off chubby's if this happened.
2) It would feck Arsenal fans off so badly. Two of their former captains and only real world class players they've had for the best part of 10 years, now playing for a direct Premier League rival.

Excellent.
I'm not going to lie, this is why I want Fabregas more than anyone.

Ash_G

Yeah but I'm sure United will have done their homework before, doubt they would just put in a bid without sounding them out. Does seem unlikely though now that they have lost Thiago, always thought it would be one or the other going, if anyone was gonna leave.

Leg-End

Is it our the realm of possibility that during the Thiago saga Barca made it clear that Fabregas might be available at the right price? I mean yes it would leave Barca 2 midfielders down but its not like they don't have plenty of time to get a replacement, perhaps they already have one lined up and thats why they want to shift Cesc.

If we could get him in the £30 odd million range though, great price for a BPL proven player.

Brophs

The One and Only
We're bringing Cescy back. YEAH!
You thought that Moyes don't know how to act. YEAH!
Buying midfielders is the new attack
So come on, Twitter, show us some spack
Rooney's off to the Bridge!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
We're bringing Cescy back. YEAH!
You thought that Moyes don't know how to act. YEAH!
Buying midfielders is the new attack
So come on, Twitter, show us some spack
Rooney's off to the Bridge!
:lol:

I never pegged you for being down with the JTizzle... (I can only assume thats what his "street" name is?)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The bids for RVP, Nasri, Moura, Hazard and Benzema were pretty much public knowledge. Sounds like the noises came from Spain first though.

Not as far as I can see.

It's a longstanding rumour that Cesc was unhappy and that the Barca fans and board weren't exactly in love with him. Even while Guardiola was in charge they had a private detective reporting on him, because of "concerns" about his form and fitness.

But to bid now - after Thiago's sold - when it's a bigger deal for Barca? That's just strange.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Why the heck would people not want him? Was the best Central midfielder in the PL easily when he left for Barca and he is still only 26. Would be ridiculous to be disappointed about this.

jem

You've been waiting 9 years to get rid of Rooney? So after he started his United career with a hat-trick, you were sat there thinking 'God I can't wait to get rid of this guy'?

Stickles

Something I find interesting..

If Barcelona got the bid and thought "Nah, feck off, not happening" - surely the first we'd here is "Barcelona reject bid" rather than hearing they're considering it. If they're considering it surely they feel there's something to consider?

Raulduke

I can only see Barca being interested if Rooney is part of the deal.

Member 39557

It's strange that Moyes says he has almost unlimited funds, then we submit a reasonably low bid for Fabregas.

Status
Not open for further replies.