Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash_G

The Mail never seem to be right at all. Their stories are ridiculous.

Fabregas has to be the stupidest for a long time.

He was an absolute star at Arsenal. Even the thickest most one eyed Arsenal fan could grunt and say "well he's going back home innit, he'd be an effin mug to stay".
For him to then 2 years later decide he'd fancy a move to their rivals, and no doubt having seen the abuse Van Persie got, would be incredible.

For Barcelona, with Xavi aging, it'd be an even odder move to let him go.
Whilst I agree the transfer rumours are highly unlikely I don't see why fabregas's arsenal connections would have such an influence. I don't think rvp has been too put off by arsenal fans being annoyed with him. He's swapped a club with fewer fans and not in contention for anything for a club with more fans and winning stuff and is equally as key a player. Would be similar for fabregas in terms of the trade between arsenal fans being annoyed and all his new united fans. Helps being pretty far between London and Manchester.

Platato

Psst!
Whilst I agree the transfer rumours are highly unlikely I don't see why fabregas's arsenal connections would have such an influence. I don't think rvp has been too put off by arsenal fans being annoyed with him. He's swapped a club with fewer fans and not in contention for anything for a club with more fans and winning stuff and is equally as key a player. Would be similar for fabregas in terms of the trade between arsenal fans being annoyed and all his new united fans. Helps being pretty far between London and Manchester.
For one I don't see their situations as similar at all. One went back home. The other went north to a despised team and for arsenal fans, "rivals". Fabregas was shocked when van Persie joined our team. Plus they're different people and despite how thick footballers are today, it's not fair to paint them all with the same brush. One player is likely to have more loyalty than another.

Fabregas would consider coming to us if he got desperate for more silverware. However, he's already part of a title-winning team. Although, he's not as integral as he was in his Arsenal days and it looks as if he still feels he has something to prove at Barca. If he's coming back to England, it would probably be for Arsenal. He's not in the same situation as van Persie was and he may choose Arsenal out of respect for Wenger and Arsenal. I know it sounds like hogwash but it's how I view Cesc. Nothing he has done has made me think otherwise.

I'm surprised we're still discussing him coming here because for me, it was simply a way to ease fans concerns about the future with Moyes taking over. As a fan, you're a lot more hopeful for the future when your club is going after top class players. Even if we don't get Fabregas, the idea we tried and were more than interested in this deal will stick in people's minds. Plus I think it diverted some attention away from the Thiago stories.

Ash_G

For one I don't see their situations as similar at all. One went back home. The other went north to a despised team and for arsenal fans, "rivals". Fabregas was shocked when van Persie joined our team. Plus they're different people and despite how thick footballers are today, it's not fair to paint them all with the same brush. One player is likely to have more loyalty than another.

Fabregas would consider coming to us if he got desperate for more silverware. However, he's already part of a title-winning team. Although, he's not as integral as he was in his Arsenal days and it looks as if he still feels he has something to prove at Barca. If he's coming back to England, it would probably be for Arsenal. He's not in the same situation as van Persie was and he may choose Arsenal out of respect for Wenger and Arsenal. I know it sounds like hogwash but it's how I view Cesc. Nothing he has done has made me think otherwise.

I'm surprised we're still discussing him coming here because for me, it was simply a way to ease fans concerns about the future with Moyes taking over. As a fan, you're a lot more hopeful for the future when your club is going after top class players. Even if we don't get Fabregas, the idea we tried and were more than interested in this deal will stick in people's minds. Plus I think it diverted some attention away from the Thiago stories.

I'm not saying he's thick but he's allowed to be ambitious and that runs the same for loyalty. It's not like Arsenal were put out by playing him as a kid. He went straight in to their team for their benefit as much as his benefit and he became their star player again to both their benefits. When he left they may not have got as much as they should have but they still got a massive profit. Since he left they've become arguably weaker and you'd imagine challenging for titles was part of why he left if not the biggest factor.

Fabregas has won trophies at Barca but I wouldn't say he's been a key player there, RVP has come to United, arguable become the star player already and undoubtedly had a key role in winning the title. If Fabregas came to us, it would be similar, he could come to a team of equal status as Barca and challenging for titles. You'd imagine that's something a player would love. Being an integral part of a title winning team. Sure it would probably be more special to him if he did it at Arsenal but doesn't mean he couldn't want to give himself as good a chance of winning a title as he could whilst still playing for a team in both his favored role and as an important part of that team. As I said given the distance between London and Manchester not like he'd have to suffer constant abuse.

Like I said I don't think it would happen either, I was simply commenting that I don't think that his Arsenal connections would provide that big a stumbling block. As I said nothing wrong with ambition. Maybe if Arsenal show the serious committment to investing as they've talked about and he then turned them down it would be particularly disappointing/annoying on his part, but if they don't do much and we both hypothetically were able to get him and he chose us I think it would be understandable if disappointing/annoying to Arsenal fans.

Platato

Psst!
I'm not saying he's thick but he's allowed to be ambitious and that runs the same for loyalty. It's not like Arsenal were put out by playing him as a kid. He went straight in to their team for their benefit as much as his benefit and he became their star player again to both their benefits. When he left they may not have got as much as they should have but they still got a massive profit. Since he left they've become arguably weaker and you'd imagine challenging for titles was part of why he left if not the biggest factor.

Fabregas has won trophies at Barca but I wouldn't say he's been a key player there, RVP has come to United, arguable become the star player already and undoubtedly had a key role in winning the title. If Fabregas came to us, it would be similar, he could come to a team of equal status as Barca and challenging for titles. You'd imagine that's something a player would love. Being an integral part of a title winning team. Sure it would probably be more special to him if he did it at Arsenal but doesn't mean he couldn't want to give himself as good a chance of winning a title as he could whilst still playing for a team in both his favored role and as an important part of that team. As I said given the distance between London and Manchester not like he'd have to suffer constant abuse.

Like I said I don't think it would happen either, I was simply commenting that I don't think that his Arsenal connections would provide that big a stumbling block. As I said nothing wrong with ambition. Maybe if Arsenal show the serious committment to investing as they've talked about and he then turned them down it would be particularly disappointing/annoying on his part, but if they don't do much and we both hypothetically were able to get him and he chose us I think it would be understandable if disappointing/annoying to Arsenal fans.
Right. It's a fair opinion. A lot will depend on what Arsenal does but they clearly have the intent from what I've seen in the news. If Arsenal guarantee Fabregas that they will indeed invest in improving the team, then he's more likely to go there. Along with Fabregas' ambition, if loyalty is something he holds dear, then he will not come to us. Unlike van Persie, he won't be viewed as a "traitor" but most modern footballers don't think in those terms. He will want to prove himself at Barca and with Xavi coming to end of his career, I think Cesc wants to give himself the chance of taking over and challenging for trophies with Barca whilst being a key player for them. If it doesn't work out or if Barca no longer want him, then he'll have to move. Another thing we didn't consider was family and as far as I know, his family would rather live in London than Manchester.

I'm not saying he wouldn't move to us but I just don't see it as a very likely possibility compared to others. He just strikes me as a player who is ambitious AND loyal.

Ash_G

Right. It's a fair opinion. A lot will depend on what Arsenal does but they clearly have the intent from what I've seen in the news. If Arsenal guarantee Fabregas that they will indeed invest in improving the team, then he's more likely to go there. Along with Fabregas' ambition, if loyalty is something he holds dear, then he will not come to us. Unlike van Persie, he won't be viewed as a "traitor" but most modern footballers don't think in those terms. He will want to prove himself at Barca and with Xavi coming to end of his career, I think Cesc wants to give himself the chance of taking over and challenging for trophies with Barca whilst being a key player for them. If it doesn't work out or if Barca no longer want him, then he'll have to move. Another thing we didn't consider was family and as far as I know, his family would rather live in London than Manchester.

I'm not saying he wouldn't move to us but I just don't see it as a very likely possibility compared to others. He just strikes me as a player who is ambitious AND loyal.

Well as I said I don't imagine he'd leave either and by all accounts he doesn't want to leave. As I said though I think we would have an excellent chance were he to leave. There's a fair few of his ex team mates in Manchester as well, so sure he'd have some friends. I'm not saying loyalty doesn't matter at all but as I said so does ambition and in all honesty it's not like Arsenal ever really had to put in more to Fabregas than they got back. You could argue that RVP owed Arsenal more loyalty than Fabregas did given they stuck by him during all his injuries.

Platato

Psst!
Well as I said I don't imagine he'd leave either and by all accounts he doesn't want to leave. As I said though I think we would have an excellent chance were he to leave. There's a fair few of his ex team mates in Manchester as well, so sure he'd have some friends. I'm not saying loyalty doesn't matter at all but as I said so does ambition and in all honesty it's not like Arsenal ever really had to put in more to Fabregas than they got back. You could argue that RVP owed Arsenal more loyalty than Fabregas did given they stuck by him during all his injuries.
True.

Drifter

American
Fabregas:

"I've always said that I'm happy at Barca," re-iterated the playmaker during an interview with Spanish sports paper Marca. "Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me.

"Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family.

"If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barca, it's completely absurd."

Now even the most stubborn of muppets would agree this one is dead.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I dont really care about him to be honest. If we had got him, then excellent. But as long as we sign Thiago now, I will be extremely happy. Thiago has the potential to be better than Cesc.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
he should have more respect for barcelona than issuing such a blatant come and get me plea.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Anderson shits on him anyway yeah white text
No idea what your white text says but yes Anderson does shit on him. The Fabregas dream was wankworthy, but it's time for us all to wake up and camp at the Thiago thread.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I've never paid much attention to Tiago. I assume he's some distance off Fabregas' current ability?

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This is definitely off, not that is was ever on.

Manchester United target Cesc Fabregas has denied the Red Devils has been in contact over a move away from Barcelona
The Spain international has been linked with a return to the Premier League with United keen to reunited him with former Arsenal team-mate Robin van Persie at Old Trafford.
But in an interview with Movistar, the former Arsenal midfielder said he has not received any offers from any other clubs.
"People talk a lot but the truth is that no-one has spoken with me," he said.
"I want to triumph in Barcelona, that club is my home and I always dreamed of playing there, so I will try and succeed there as long as I can."

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-cesc-fabregas-1960250#ixzz2WZSBiLv9
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I'd completely forgotten about this one until you mentioned it....
He would be a great signing for sure, but not one that was likely from the word go at all. Maybe next year if he finds he still isn't getting game time, but certainly no chance this year.

Brightonian

I'd completely forgotten about this one until you mentioned it....
He would be a great signing for sure, but not one that was likely from the word go at all. Maybe next year if he finds he still isn't getting game time, but certainly no chance this year.
He's been getting plenty of game time.

There was literally no reason for this rumour, other than the fact that he's been slightly less effective at Barca than he was at Arsenal.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Would you say he's been getting as much game time as every other top CM in the world at their clubs? I don't think he has to be honest, he certainly hasn't been playing in his favoured role much this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
feck Fabregas, its all about Thiago anyway.

Baxter

Sky Sports News just said that reports in Spain say a €40m (£35m) bid is imminent. :lol:

NinjaFletch

:lol:

Must be a slow news day so they've resorted to making things up again :lol:

Must try harder, I'm afraid.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Barca just sold one of their midfielders, they're not going to sell another, more important, one.

Also, didn't he say he wasn't going anywhere?

This is bullshit.

kps88

I bet Barcelona fans must be reacting to this news the same way we reacted to Arsenal's bid for Rooney.

Baxter

They've just put it out on their twitter too. Don't make me hope! :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
I doubt that's true and if it is, we'd be better served going after players who we actually have a chance of getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.