Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Irwin called RvP last year too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Hmm. Irwin also reckons Evra is off - and that Moyes will go for Baines. Dunno about the latter - but I wouldn't be surprised if Evra left, perhaps another less-than-obvious candidate too. We may end up keeping Rooney and losing, say, Vidic before this window closes. Anyway, digression - carry on.

LR7

At least someone has broken the silence even if its conjecture. There's enough ammo there to keep us going for ages.
Fabregas would be awesome :drool:

LR7

Why do people say we'll lose Vidic? He's ridiculously important to us still.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Why do people say we'll lose Vidic? He's ridiculously important to us still.
I don't know why people say it. I myself only used him as an example of a less-than-obvious player we might lose this summer (like Evra, who Irwin reckons we'll lose). These things happen, not least when a new manager comes in.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I always find it a bit suspicious when people like Denis, who is still associated professionally with United (mutv, in this case), start making these kind of statements in the press; do you all think our ambassadors & suchlike are asked to do this, either as definite statements (like Denis' strong view on Nani's future) or as misinformation/smokescreens?

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
How many people do you think have actual knowledge about our transfer activity?

My guess is maximum 5 people apart from the owners. Gill/Woodward, Fergie/Moyes, our scouting chief, one secretary, maybe one trusted back room staff. Apart from that my pick is zero, the rest is guessing like the rest of us.

As soon a secret is shared by more then six seven people it's not a secret any longer.

LR7

I don't know why people say it. I myself only used him as an example of a less-than-obvious player we might lose this summer (like Evra, who Irwin reckons we'll lose). These things happen, not least when a new manager comes in.
Evra is more likely though because he's been linked to Monaco and PSG for a while and people like Albert the kit man, saying he only stayed a few seasons back for SAF, and now SAF has gone he might leave.

I'd be really worried if Vidic left. The difference he made after Christmas was huge. He's a great captain and leader and see no basis for it. Nani, Anderson and Evra I can see going.

- I know you only used it as an example. I just can't see too much change of important players and he's one of the most important imo.

kps88

That was very surprising from Irwin. He basically just made public all our plans for the summer!

You usually get people on MUTV talking about transfer rumours like the rest of us.

LR7

There have been grumblings about the unusual silence from the club during the changeover. He just broke it probably by giving a few opinions. I'm happy to latch onto them and take them as gospel though :D

Shark

@NotShark
I still call bullshit on this transfer. It's just never going to happen.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
How many people do you think have actual knowledge about our transfer activity?

My guess is maximum 5 people apart from the owners. Gill/Woodward, Fergie/Moyes, our scouting chief, one secretary, maybe one trusted back room staff. Apart from that my pick is zero, the rest is guessing like the rest of us.

As soon a secret is shared by more then six seven people it's not a secret any longer.

Yeah that's true I suppose. Still I don't want any sensible things to ruin my muppet moments.

SteveJ

Scout
When I see photos that Cesc and Ronaldo post on Twitter or Instagram, showing themselves having lunch with family & friends or lounging on the beach, I think to myself that it'll need a bloody miracle for them to give all that up & come back to the UK. And that's without even considering the football aspect.
*blubs*

quethenoo

Irwin has been talking up this transfer.

http://espnfc.com/news/story?id=1472287&cc=5739

What a crock of absolute shit, I mean does this sound like something any normal human being would say? Its pure tabloid speak.

"Cesc Fabregas has zoomed up Manchester United’s transfer target list to the top position and the champions are going to move heaven and earth to get him," he told the Sunday World newspaper.
"The Barcelona star wants out of the Nou Camp and United want him badly, so the deal should be done easily enough. Fabregas is just the sort of all-action midfield player United need if they are to make a run at next season’s Champions League.
"Cesc won’t be short of offers for I believe this is going to be a transfer season where eye-boggling amounts of money will be spent."

SATA

I can't see him leaving Spain at all. He spend what, a whole season or two trying to get away from England and you are telling me he's coming back to the country just like that? Even if he is, i think he would rather move back to the Arsenal

SteveJ

Scout
What a crock of absolute shit, I mean does this sound like something any normal human being would say? Its pure tabloid speak.

Yeah, the way it's worded makes it read like a ghost-written column.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Well, Arsenal preference or not aside, he spent that time trying to get to Barcelona, not so much trying to get away from England, which he said he loved on and off the pitch. If after that time and pursuit he is disatisfied, moving back here doesn't sound too odd.

LR7

Tbf rumours from someone who spends alot of time in and around the club are better than random twitter blokes.
Exactly! Even if they're opinions they're probably much informed opinions than the likes of @Football_Dave from twatter.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah the Irwin stuff sounds like total nonsense.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
He'll just say he has no inside info and was only talking about what he read in the tabloid press.

smallred

so in summary, Irwin has said the following -

United will sign Fabregas.
Nani will go to Monaco.
Evra may go to Monaco and Moyes is a big fan of Luke Shaw.

Steven Seagull

It's just a column aimed at people who take a passing interest in United and football in general. It's not going to quench the thirst of Internet weirdo's who sit around talking about the variations of 4-4-2 and deciphering unknown agents tweets for hours on end.

SteveJ

Scout
On reading that article 'blind', you'd think Denis was a gobby, big-headed twonk (which is far from the truth, of course).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's weirdly sure of Nani going to Monaco.

MDFC Manager

He also says Monaco have Middle-East money. Dont they actually have Russian Oil tycoon money?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
When I see photos that Cesc and Ronaldo post on Twitter or Instagram, showing themselves having lunch with family & friends or lounging on the beach, I think to myself that it'll need a bloody miracle for them to give all that up & come back to the UK. And that's without even considering the football aspect.
*blubs*
Global warming, Steve - that's what we need to look into: Speed up that process and the English NW will be like the riviera - and Madrid like Stoke (on a rainy Tuesday night).

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
He's weirdly sure of Nani going to Monaco.
Jorge Mendes has been supplying Monaco with their new recruits. Mendes is Nani's agent and Nani is looking like he is on his way out. It seems a logical fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.