Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He definitely did the "phone call" signal with his hand towards the stand, where his agent is sitting, telling him to get on the blower to get us to sign him after he scored that goal. It's back on lads!!!

walsh

Cesc just did a follow up interview "those quotes are false, I will join Man Utd and together we will rule the world. Arsenal are well shit, innit."

Brightonian

Deulofeu's going nowhere. Tello might get a move with a buyback option, and one of Thiago and Fabregas might move.

That's my guess at the situation, anyway.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Cesc just did a follow up interview "those quotes are false, I will join Man Utd and together we will rule the world. Arsenal are well shit, innit."
Sounds legit to me

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 36m
Cesc: "Exit rumours in the press? There's nothing to say. I'm very happy at Barça, I want to stay here for many, many more years."

Brightonian

Whether or not that quote is real, it always seemed a little unlikely that so soon after his dream move 'back home' to Barca he'd want out, especially as Tito has given him so much playing time despite questions over his form.

Thiago is the one whose game time has been limited recently, and the quotes from figures inside the club (and that MD headline) suggest that he's the one who might be available, not Fabregas.

buckooo1978

No way we'd get Cesc - he's almost ready to step into Xavis shoes

we'd have a better chance of getting Thiago if we tempted them with a decent offer

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

we'd have a better chance of getting Thiago if we tempted them with a decent offer
You mean if we tempted them with the £15m release clause he has? The only problem would be if he would actually want to come here, as I don't think he'd require huge wages yet.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

:lol: Almost ready to step into Xavi's shoes? Also there is no tempting Barca for Thiago. There is talk about us already triggering his release clause. So Barca cant really do anything about it unless Thiago rejects everyone and stays at the Nou Camp.

Mainoldo

Well atleast he'll bring passion. Imagine him doing that with a hazard shirt.

walsh

Do you think that's a ridiculous figure for Fabregas or something?

Yes, I do. If he were to leave it would be because he has failed to establish himself and since joining Barca he's been extremely underwhelming. I don't see why we should pay more than Barca paid Arsenal given that, if anything, his stock is lower than before. £30m absolute max for me.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Yes, I do. If he were to leave it would be because he has failed to establish himself and since joining Barca he's been extremely underwhelming. I don't see why we should pay more than Barca paid Arsenal given that, if anything, his stock is lower than before. £30m absolute max for me.

I don't think he's been particularly underwhelming. He's at a side where it's difficult to always get a game in central midfield because of how strong they are there. He's clearly a top quality player and if you want to buy a player like him then a fee like £40m is going to be completely normal in the modern game.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I suspect he has regressed at Barcelona. At very best, he is what he was at Arsenal minus some confidence.

40 million is way over priced.

Goooose

Failed to dislodge Xavi or Iniesta, he must be shit.

I do think £40m is a bit too much, but it's not my money so who cares?

savais

I'd be thrilled to get Fabregas...don't think Barcelona will expect more than 30m for him. But in any case, if he does end up leaving (he wont), he would only go to Arsenal, unless Arsene Wenger doesn't want him (again unlikely, as he mentioned long ago the chances of him coming back someday). So he either stays at Barca or goes back to Arsenal. Nothing to see here for us....moving on to the next target.

Status
Not open for further replies.