Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
ONE of the things about moving back to Arsenal would be just how much of a backwards step it would be - not having a go at Arsenal but after everything getting him out of there for the much hyped return to Barcelona then it would be a real admission of failure for him to go back with his tail between his legs.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Right, I've officially decided.

I am going to be making Fabregas my number 1 muppet transfer target this summer.

binary bot
You should opt for someone whereby there's a decent chance, this looks dead in the water to me.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Yes but it's stupid...The only time putting a 50% sell on clause makes any sense is when a small team from a poor league sells a player to a club famous for developing players and selling them on. Paper nonsense I say.
It actually does make a lot of sense. Barca ripped them off and Arsenal were in a dreadful negotiating position. Since the entire thing revolved around how Fabregas was returning home, was always meant to be at Barca, etc. it makes sense that Arsenal put forward an argument whereby if that didn't pan out that way they were set to make something off it.

Scenario 1 (most likely, 95%): Fabregas signed for 35M, stays with Barca for aeons, Arsenal have got fecked and maybe some day receive a paltry sum when he is sold on as an OAP

Scenario 2 (current rumour, 5%): Fabregas doesn't work out so Arsenal want first refusal at a set price lower than that paid by Barca (player being older, hasn't worked, etc. why would they have to pay MORE???? unless they were being ripped off, of course). Obviously, Arsenal have to contemplate that maybe they won't even want/need him by then so also agree a 50% take on any sell-on fee.

That is, for any fee up to 50M Barca are better off selling back to Arsenal for less than they bought him for. If the fee is higher than 50M then the other options would be preferable and Arsenal get compensated due to their player going for more than 50M when they got rodgered to begin with having to sell him under duress for 35M.

What's illogical about all that? I can't see why Arsenal wouldn't want those clauses thrown in, nor why Barca would have even bothered with it back then. They got a world class midfielder, probably the best one not already at Barca at that point, for the same money Liverpool got Andy Carroll. Who cares what sell-on and buyback clauses the geezers want?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
You should opt for someone whereby there's a decent chance, this looks dead in the water to me.
I think it is dead as well, but how many better transfers could we hope for? It's a midfielder, PL proven, a worldie, and one who would fit us like a glove. Not many better options than that.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
It's not. Alcantara has been though.
Alcantara. :drool: Gambit you are my leader!!!

All I know is he would be absolutely perfect.

In fact, I can't see a single more perfect signing.
This is all true words!

I think it is dead as well, but how many better transfers could we hope for? It's a midfielder, PL proven, a worldie, and one who would fit us like a glove. Not many better options than that.
Fellini! :drool:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
feck off Fabregas! Didn't want you anyway.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Well that's sad, don't know why any of us even bothered getting our hopes up :(. Oh well, let's go be muppets in the Thiago thread now until he dashes our hopes too.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He's rubbish anyway.

SteveJ

Scout
Someone from the Newbs reckons the quotes are fake & issue from an Arsenal fan in Nepal(?)
You've been watching Transfer News, brought to you by Salvador Dali. Now, here's Cina with the weather...

Brightonian

That twitter guy has already admitted the quotes are fake. Never trust a bitter gooner.

'Cocks out', 'back on' etc etc

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
top players are too wise to say quotes like that these days.

Because in these days where everyone is all over any kind of soundbites they'd look a massive mug for leaving straight after.

it's still not happening, but down to any quotes

SteveJ

Scout
He's not really rubbish, btw.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Just scored a nice goal for Barca.

Revan

Assumptionman
Anderson shits on him anyway.

Oh wait, the quotes are false. He is the best midfielder ever ever and would love to see him here when he will strengthen our squad and send us to the nest three or five levels.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Fabregas on Spanish Radio: "I will not join Man United. Rumours are false." #mufc #afc #fcb (via @HarisBeg_IV )
That's what I've always been saying. People drooling over some quotes on the internet or in the paper. Radio is where it's at. They get all the prime scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.