F1 2024 Season

OUT in Q1​

16) Daniel Ricciardo, RB
17) Lando Norris, McLaren
18) Valtteri Bottas, Sauber
19) Zhou Guanyu, Sauber
20) Esteban Ocon, Alpine
so much for Piastri backing Norris title bid :wenger: is this what "fighting and beating" Verstappen looks like?

I had Leclerc pole and Leclerc Max Perez podium so not too bad.

Not that far. I've seen some half-jokey scenarios where Leclerc could win the title over Max and Lando. If they both get a DNF.
Maybe Leclerc does a Kimi 07? That was a pretty substantial lead too iirc

if it’s any consolation to him, he’d have found another place to feck something up. he’s fast, but i don’t think he’s championship winning material.
i think Sochi in 2021 gave a really good insight into his temperament under pressure. people at the time didn't want to be too harsh on him but the truth is he's struggled in the high pressure moments. maybe this can improve but I don't remember championship winners like Hamilton, Alonso, Verstappen, Rosberg, Kimi etc exhibiting the same panic.

if it’s any consolation to him, he’d have found another place to feck something up. he’s fast, but i don’t think he’s championship winning material.

I'm starting to wonder this too, could be why McLaren are so keen to keep Oscar onside

Thing with Norris is he's quite stupid. I dont know if he has that spare capacity that the multiple world champs always have.

Such an impressive performance from the rookies. Shows how much talent is getting wasted in the lottery of F2

That's what spare capacity looks like - Piastri spots in his wing mirror what 15 Williams mechanics missed.

Leclerc on fire atm - and hamilton must be licking his lips for next season seeing the current form of the ferrari's

McClaren took too big of a chance, thinking both cars were safe and thats the risk of leaving the final run too late. Any yellow/red flag and thats qualifying screwed.

So much for Norris's title "challenge".

Just caught up with qually. Obviously huge feckup by McLaren and Norris. He shouldn't have slowed down,just complete the lap and qually and deal with whatever penalty he got or didnt (Russell didn't get a penalty for not slowing for yellow flag).

Anyway we almost always have a safety car at baku and Verstappen isn't up in P1 so there is a chance for Norris. McLaren is quick as piastri showed and has really good deg on tyres.

Surprised that even this late in the season, teams are still having issues with new floors. RedBull reverted back to an older spec floor and Hamilton reverted back to Silverstone spec floor.

Great lap by leclerc. The Ferrari looks quick with monza upgrades, that's despite them carrying a rear suspension handicap that can't be fixed until next season.

From Lewis
"No, it's just because we lost an engine earlier in the year. So, making it to the end of the year with a couple of engines is not going to be easy... but it's okay. It's a good circuit to do so [take the penalty]. As George said, we are quick on the straights."

"It will be an interesting afternoon, I will do my best."

Does anyone still have Norris for WDC?
I reckon if it was Piastri in the position Norris was in he would do it. I think Norris is a very good driver but doesn't have that final edge needed to be a champion.

Let's see if Lando starting 17th can finally do something about the godawful stat not having gained a single position starting a Grand Prix this season.

Let's see if Lando starting 17th can finally do something about the godawful stat not having gained a single position starting a Grand Prix this season.
Going to be hilarious if he goes backwards at the start.

This year is his once chance in my opinion. Next year I believe Oscar will have surpassed him and cement himself as driver 1.

Somebody made the point in here that Lando showed in Sochi that he can’t handle pressure and I fully agree

Going to be hilarious if he goes backwards at the start.

This year is his once chance in my opinion. Next year I believe Oscar will have surpassed him and cement himself as driver 1.

Somebody made the point in here that Lando showed in Sochi that he can’t handle pressure and I fully agree
I was extremely surprised when I saw the stat in a tweet called: "The worst F1 title candidate in history."