F1 2023 Season

So where did it go wrong for Perez? Knew Max would join him at the front at some point but was expecting him to have built up a gap whilst Max was fighting through the pack.

Wouldn't be half surprised if a lot of that coasting happened during the overtakes...

Max will pass him with ease, won’t take him more than a couple of laps.

RB setting Perez up for failure, or Perez not believing he can win, or a bit of both?

No real fight from Perez there, kind of looked like he was expecting it.

RB setting Perez up for failure, or Perez not believing he can win, or a bit of both?

From the commentators it sounds like Perez was given nothing from the team, while Max has been coached the entire race.

They'll hang Checo out to dry, just like they have done with every second driver.

So where did it go wrong for Perez? Knew Max would join him at the front at some point but was expecting him to have built up a gap whilst Max was fighting through the pack.
Couldn't match the tempo Max had with old hards.

No real fight from Perez there, kind of looked like he was expecting it.
Nothing to fight for on older worse tires and without drs.

Great job by Max to get into that position but one really has to question what Perez is doing in such a great car.

Great drive from the Mercs today. They are really getting everything out of that car. They deserve better.

Anyway, another boring race.

Could be a good battle between Hamilton and Leclerc here for 6th.

EDIT: Vintage Lewis Hamilton!

Guys, stop with the conspiracy against Perez, Max was quicker with old hards than him with fresh mediums. Max is another league, hs caught him from 9th in the same car ffs. Even from tactical point of view Perez's was more logical because everyone else did medium hards same as him.

Alonso watching other cars racing on the big screen while racing, what a legend :lol:

That was great :lol:

Guys, stop with the conspiracy against Perez, Max was quicker with old hards than him in fresh mediums. Max is another league, hs caught him from 9th in the same car ffs. Even from tactical point of view Perez's was more logical because everyone else did medium hards same as him.

That was great :lol:
Hamilton had same strategy as Max and moved ahead well too. Perhaps the less popular but superior strategy. Not that it matters, Perez should do a lot better.

they could’ve risked Perez coming in for fastest lap would’ve been just ahead of alonso

Hamilton had same strategy as Max and moved ahead well too. Perhaps the less popular but superior strategy. Not that it matters, Perez should do a lot better.

It turned out to be good in the end, but it was risky strategy considering just two or three drivers took a gamble, those that didn't have anything to lose.

It would be ridiculous for Perez to start on hards with 5-6 cars behind him on mediums.

It turned out to be good in the end, but it was risky strategy considering just two or three drivers took a gamble, those that didn't have anything to lose.

It would be ridiculous for Perez to start on hards with 5-6 cars behind him on mediums.
Precisely, can't believe some really suggested this.

Ferrari and Mercedes are so weird :lol:

Mercedes looked pants yesterday, but today they were clearly better than Ferrari even though last race Ferrari were far better than them.

Ferrari and Mercedes are so weird :lol:

Mercedes looked pants yesterday, but today they were clearly better than Ferrari even though last race Ferrari were far better than them.
Miami & Baku are both "street" tracks, but very different.

Miami & Baku are both "street" tracks, but very different.

I know, but it's been like that entire season so far. Difference between yesterday and today is the most ridiculous thing tbf.

I'm loving seeing Alonso on these podiums. I never thought I would see it consistently again.

I know, but it's been like that entire season so far. Difference between yesterday and today is the most ridiculous thing tbf.

I don't know what it is with Mercedes but it seems to me that there's a serious lack of accountability within that team. They are in a complete mess and don't want to point any fingers.

Max has a few tenths on Perez at most tracks, this isn't Baku or Monaco. Perez last year was getting beat by Mercs and Ferraris. With Red Bull so strong it should keep Perez in a good second but Max will still be way ahead. Like Horner said a few races ago, Perez is free to try, knowing he can't.

As a die hard Dolphins fan it is fecking cool to see the podium above the Dan Marino statue. I just wish they built a better track.

While that is true it still doesn't mean that hards first was the superior strategy. Even though even if he had lost the first 6 places he could have drsed right back into first within 3 laps of it being activated.