F1 2022 Season

He's incredibly spoiled, and doesn't seem nice at all. It's easy to be nice when things are going your way and you've successfully bullied every other driver into yielding, but as soon as things go slightly less than smoothly he gets very nasty, sometimes dangerous, and never takes any responsibility.

The folks you mention certainly don't help, constantly blowing smoke up his backside, but Max's decent side is very fairweather.

I agree with everything you say here. This is him on track, absolutely. What I was describing was him off track. I honestly think he's coming off as a totally different character off track to the dive bombing bully we see on track.

The punishment (or lack of) was the correct one given the precedent, but Max's hubris is astonishing - basically said that Norris should have been more "respectful" and stayed lined up behind him while he was crawling along.

He's incredibly spoiled, and doesn't seem nice at all. It's easy to be nice when things are going your way and you've successfully bullied every other driver into yielding, but as soon as things go slightly less than smoothly he gets very nasty, sometimes dangerous, and never takes any responsibility.

The folks you mention certainly don't help, constantly blowing smoke up his backside, but Max's decent side is very fairweather.

Max apologised in the lap after by waving his arm.

If you don’t follow F1, it’s usually agreed between drivers informally - to stay in line and leave a gap so you don’t compromise each other - but it isn’t a FIA rule and isn’t always followed in recent times as we’ve seen at many tracks causing issues.

The other thing was that it seemed there were different out lap strategies where McLaren were pushing to keep the tyres warm but Red Bull didn’t have that problem probably because of their high downforce so Max didn’t expect it and probably realises afterwards.
This, basically. Though I don't think Lando had to overtake Max there, he came from a long way back and could have easily stayed behind and swerve and stuff to keep his tyres warm. But that's racing I guess, everybody is selfish on track. In the end not much harm was done, Max put his hand up to Lando the following lap and in the post qualifying interview he responded in a calm and realistic way but then Lando didn't pull any punches saying Max deserved a penalty to which Max responded by saying Lando was trying to feck him over and shouldn't have broken the gentleman's agreement. I think the stewards got it right this time.

Got to love the Max hate in here by some. Blind as bats :lol:

All the drivers are flawed. They all flip out in the car, it human nature.

Hamilton often gets very moany in the car, Alonso very sarcastic, Max curses a lot when himself or someone fecks up. etc etc. It's no issue. It's a high pressure environment.

I'd wonder what you would say about footballers if you could hear what they are saying constantly. There would be war.

Personally Id rather the drivers air their emotions, frustrations and thoughts than being media trained politicians.

looked to me like the “finger across the throat” gesture, aimed at lando’s family, from where i was sat.

:lol:

Tbf it did look similar to heil hitler when you think about it

Got to love the Max hate in here by some. Blind as bats :lol:

All the drivers are flawed. They all flip out in the car, it human nature.

Hamilton often gets very moany in the car, Alonso very sarcastic, Max curses a lot when himself or someone fecks up. etc etc. It's no issue. It's a high pressure environment.

I'd wonder what you would say about footballers if you could hear what they are saying constantly. There would be war.

Personally Id rather the drivers air their emotions, frustrations and thoughts than being media trained politicians.
Wouldnt be any moaning if he wasnt gifted a championship and a car that exceeded the development budget for the season. Last season and probably this season as well.

If you don’t follow F1, it’s usually agreed between drivers informally - to stay in line and leave a gap so you don’t compromise each other - but it isn’t a FIA rule and isn’t always followed in recent times as we’ve seen at many tracks causing issues.

The other thing was that it seemed there were different out lap strategies where McLaren were pushing to keep the tyres warm but Red Bull didn’t have that problem probably because of their high downforce so Max didn’t expect it and probably realises afterwards.

I do follow F1, and even if I didn't the attempt at belittling was unnecessary - as you've said there's no rule and the "gentleman's agreement" doesn't really get followed.

Max got caught out by his cold tyres when accelerating, a minor thing and no harm done, he was just incorrigible when questioned about it, as usual.

I do follow F1, and even if I didn't the attempt at belittling was unnecessary - as you've said there's no rule and the "gentleman's agreement" doesn't really get followed.

Max got caught out by his cold tyres when accelerating, a minor thing and no harm done, he was just incorrigible when questioned about it, as usual.

No belittling there’s been plenty of new people to the F1 thread since last season and they often say but wasn’t sure so just explaining a rule that most drivers do try to follow (McLaren and Alpine didn’t today to keep tyres warm) but isn’t an obvious rule and not sure if it was mentioned in the commentary.

:lol:

Tbf it did look similar to heil hitler when you think about it
Now there's a thought; have you ever seen Max and Hitler in the same room at the same time? Almost like they might be the same person, no?

Obviously @rimaldo and Hitler can't be the same person because Tom Cruise played him in that movie where he tries to kill Hitler. Risky Business or something.

Now there's a thought; have you ever seen Max and Hitler in the same room at the same time? Almost like they might be the same person, no?

Obviously @rimaldo and Hitler can't be the same person because Tom Cruise played him in that movie where he tries to kill Hitler. Risky Business or something.

There are many jokes to be made regarding Max and his orange fans, and Hitler and rimaldo, but better let's not go there.

Clearly no more than a reprimand was deserved today for Max.

I don’t think Max is that likeable, especially when he’s under pressure. He can be quite rude to his team and pushes the rules beyond sportsmanship a lot. If he were a footballer, I’d say he was most like Luis Suarez.

I’d say Lewis is more of a Scholes type. Those who hate him will always hate him, and he’s certainly a bit moany and knows how to get his elbows out, but most respect his quality, longevity and especially his adaptability across his career.

yeah. i mean, i only have a mild distrust of jews, rather than a deep seated hatred.

Fan
Clearly no more than a reprimand was deserved today for Max.

I don’t think Max is that likeable, especially when he’s under pressure. He can be quite rude to his team and pushes the rules beyond sportsmanship a lot. If he were a footballer, I’d say he was most like Luis Suarez.

I’d say Lewis is more of a Scholes type. Those who hate him will always hate him, and he’s certainly a bit moany and knows how to get his elbows out, but most respect his quality, longevity and especially his adaptability across his career.
fantastic analogies!

Isn’t there rumours of him being a merc test driver next year, so is he expecting Lewis to retire after next season

Hamilton reckons he's got another 5 years in him. I reckon Danny will take the Merc reserve role for next year just to stay connected and get a bit of driving time and then if a seat opens up he'll jump for it. See if Yuki/Zhou stay on and if so, jump in a midfield car.

Last edited:
haha, good man.
Btw, are you happy about the Alpine news? Alpine doing great, and Alpha Tauri being crap this morning. (I don't think I've ever heard Gasly being as angry as he was this qualifying)

Im a bit gutted with the Yuki/Pierre bromance being broken up but I cant wait to see the what happens next year between Gasly and Ocon.

The visibility is seriously bad. Wonder if they'll continue?

EDIT: Red flag.

Red Flags needs feck off, they took the gamble with the intermediates, pay the price.

They should just make them pit for wets if they don't want to spin off.

Bonkers the advertising hoarding ended on Gasly's car though.

Usually I’m all for letting them go for it but the visibility there was just non existent. And that’s not really a wets vs inters thing

Why do they have this race during typhoon season?

As mentioned on the BBC the other day, it would be so much nicer in the spring. The cherry blossoms blooming, snow on the mountain tops and you could do a China - Japan double header.

Restart suspended.

A drop of rain fell on the straight and it was felt a driver might course correct and break a nail.

This isn’t starting again, is it?

Looks like F1, the FIA, and Suzuka has not learnt anything since Bianchi’s death. Unbelievable.