F1 2022 Season

That’s partial enforcement of the rule that’s already in existence. Inventing would be if cars behind the safety car never got to unlap except that one occasion, which isn’t what happened.

It’s really not that difficult to grasp. I even said exactly that in the post you quoted.
There was a rule were there needed to be a lap after the cars un-lapped themselves before the race can begin and he completely scrapped it.

the Gasly fanbase, yes there are a few of us, are very split on the Alpine rumors. I am happy he's leaving the dead end situation he finds himself in at Red Bull/Alpha Tauri. And the handbags with Ocon can only spur both Pierre and Alpine on. A healthy rivalry can only be good for everyone involved.

He overtook off the track, that’s not allowed. He should have given the place back to the rightful incumbent at the time. Masi decided to bend the rules to try to let him win though, all for Netflix huh.
He was leading and Max went in hot and pushed him off of the track. Did Max leave him room or was he supposed to stop completely? What about Max running into the back of him?

Can anyone move the posts discussing last season finish in some different thread? It's becoming tiresome even after almost full season that people are still discussing that after practice session in Suzuka for some reason.

Also discusssing about that should be banned completely anyway, go into 2021. season and discuss it, this thread shouldn't be for that.

@Damien @oates

Gasly to alpine and nick de vries to AT
What a weekend De Vries has had in Italy. Or at least, from what I'm reading, him getting points over there is what suddenly put him in a couple of teams' crosshairs - and Alpha Tauri isn't a bad catch by any means. Better than being guaranteed last (well, almost) with Williams every race weekend!

What a weekend De Vries has had in Italy. Or at least, from what I'm reading, him getting points over there is what suddenly put him in a couple of teams' crosshairs - and Alpha Tauri isn't a bad catch by any means. Better than being guaranteed last (well, almost) with Williams every race weekend!
Great result for him, but that Williams isn’t as bad as it looks, most of it is lattifi, the other drivers have had good results this season and it has had better upgrades than haas, I’d like to see mick end up there.

the Gasly fanbase, yes there are a few of us, are very split on the Alpine rumors. I am happy he's leaving the dead end situation he finds himself in at Red Bull/Alpha Tauri. And the handbags with Ocon can only spur both Pierre and Alpine on. A healthy rivalry can only be good for everyone involved.

There are dozens! Dozens of us!

Are these junior teams a bit pointless now? That’s the third junior driver who has jumped teams this season to a get permanent seat.
It means no RIC on the grid next year unless HAAS drop MSC
If he carries on smashing up his car they might think about

Max wont get a penalty for that. Lando will. Cant possibly penalise Redbull and their drivers for anything. Not allowed in F1.

Close qualifying for a change. I could see a grid penalty for the Verstappen/Norris incident, 3 places at most.

Close qualifying for a change. I could see a grid penalty for the Verstappen/Norris incident, 3 places at most.
Yeah, maybe. Wasn't any malice in it as he just lost the rear a bit due to slightly cold tyres so I could see them giving him a penalty for it but maybe not as fortunately nothing happened and neither were on fast laps so not much harm in the end. Could go either way, we'll see.

Personally thought it could go either way between a reprimand and a 3 place that.

It was a as series on unfortunate events.

Luckily for Max precedent was in his favour.

If Lando had been on a real lap it would have been a slam dunk

Last edited:
"Regarding penalty, all previous breaches of this nature have resulted in a reprimand, hence a similar penalty is imposed in this case.”

Max told De Vries to call Helmut after Monza.

While I'm sure De Vries had the Williams seat lined up. On paper Alpha Tauri is a much better move.

Shows how much of F1 is luck with timing etc

Last edited:
Good guy Max.

I really like him. He seems to have a good sense of humor and he seems like a generally nice guy. It's just so hard to cheer for him because of those he's associated with. His old man, Horner, Marko and his awful fanbase. It's like that Ghandi quote about Jesus and Christians.

The punishment (or lack of) was the correct one given the precedent, but Max's hubris is astonishing - basically said that Norris should have been more "respectful" and stayed lined up behind him while he was crawling along.

Good guy Max.

I really like him. He seems to have a good sense of humor and he seems like a generally nice guy. It's just so hard to cheer for him because of those he's associated with. His old man, Horner, Marko and his awful fanbase. It's like that Ghandi quote about Jesus and Christians.

He's incredibly spoiled, and doesn't seem nice at all. It's easy to be nice when things are going your way and you've successfully bullied every other driver into yielding, but as soon as things go slightly less than smoothly he gets very nasty, sometimes dangerous, and never takes any responsibility.

The folks you mention certainly don't help, constantly blowing smoke up his backside, but Max's decent side is very fairweather.

Max having dinner with a Mercedes driver and convincing him to leave? Hmmmm
De Vries is Dutch, and quite clearly wasn't getting in a Mercedes any time soon.

Moving to Alphatauri is the best option for his career 100%

The punishment (or lack of) was the correct one given the precedent, but Max's hubris is astonishing - basically said that Norris should have been more "respectful" and stayed lined up behind him while he was crawling along.

He's incredibly spoiled, and doesn't seem nice at all. It's easy to be nice when things are going your way and you've successfully bullied every other driver into yielding, but as soon as things go slightly less than smoothly he gets very nasty, sometimes dangerous, and never takes any responsibility.

The folks you mention certainly don't help, constantly blowing smoke up his backside, but Max's decent side is very fairweather.

If you don’t follow F1, it’s usually agreed between drivers informally - to stay in line and leave a gap so you don’t compromise each other - but it isn’t a FIA rule and isn’t always followed in recent times as we’ve seen at many tracks causing issues.

The other thing was that it seemed there were different out lap strategies where McLaren were pushing to keep the tyres warm but Red Bull didn’t have that problem probably because of their high downforce so Max didn’t expect it and probably realises afterwards.

I read Verstappen apologized to Norris.